Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not many that I’m seeing are saying he should be fired.  I’m not a fan and don’t think he should be fired.  Just don’t think he’s above any criticism either.  

I did not say he wasn't but to me your quote of being over his head is not a criticism and that is what I took exception to.  I just feel a lot of the problems go to the players who are not playing hard and executing the plays.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Funny guy....again I could care less who is right or wrong.  Just put me on ignore then

IUWins I gotta admit I’m shocked by your attitude. I get you’re frustrated and I think what we have right now is a garbage heap, but you piling on coach this early IS shocking to me. I’ve known you as a poster a long time. 

I’ll leave my worthless opinion at this...I give a guy 4 years minimum. Minimum. Give him a chance to get his cycle of players thru and developing a program. Stuff doesn’t instantly get better. That’s the generation we’ve become...wanting immediate results to satisfy our “needs”.  This year has been bad, really bad, but I’m anxious to see what happens at seasons end regarding player exits. I have a feeling 2-3 of creans recruits are hitting the road, 1 of them being a starter for us this year....(hint, it ain’t Al)

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

IUWins I gotta admit I’m shocked by your attitude. I get you’re frustrated and I think what we have right now is a garbage heap, but you piling on coach this early IS shocking to me. I’ve known you as a poster a long time. 

That is what shocked me to because he usually seems pretty level headed and knowledgeable fan.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I’m just tired of some posters and a mod acting like he’s the second coming of Knight or something. This coach has t done anything to prove to me he can coach at this level.  That’s why I say he’s over his head.  Again, I hope I’m wrong

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Easy people don’t want to hear Archie is in over his head.  Truth hurts though.

Did you listen to the podcast Colin Hartman did that said CAM is a really good coach, and the issue is with the players lack of caring about losing?  I’ll go with his experience over your opinion.  None of us are at practice, and none of us know what’s going on.  CAM’s not in over his head.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

Did you listen to the podcast Colin Hartman did that said CAM is a really good coach, and the issue is with the players lack of caring about losing?  I’ll go with his experience over your opinion.  None of us are at practice, and none of us know what’s going on.  CAM’s not in over his head.

Good for you!

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m just tired of some posters and a mod acting like he’s the second coming of Knight or something. This coach has t done anything to prove to me he can coach at this level.  That’s why I say he’s over his head.  Again, I hope I’m wrong

At “this level”?  He took Dayton to an EE.  He can get it done at “this level”.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I understand that you had  your heart set for a bigger name as a coach… And I did too! But if you take this one sees an out of Archie‘s career and look at his resume and Tom’s I think it’s pretty easy to conclude that we at least have a better basketball mind then Tom Crean. And he’s already shown that he can recruit at or better than what Tom did. So he at least deserves half the amount of time that Tom got. 

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Archie has the support of many former players unlike the prior regime. For example, Keith Smart, Mike Woodson, Kent Benson, Colin Hartman, Calbert Cheaney, AJ Moye, Jared Jeffries just to name a few. Why? Because they think he’s a good coach who is the right man for the job. My god, even Knight had some what of an endorsement when he was interviewed last year. Until these guys, and others, start to wane in their support - I’m not worried. 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I understand that you had  your heart set for a bigger name as a coach… And I did too! But if you take this one sees an out of Archie‘s career and look at his resume and Tom’s I think it’s pretty easy to conclude that we at least have a better basketball mind then Tom Crean. And he’s already shown that he can recruit at or better than what Tom did. So he at least deserves half the amount of time that Tom got. 

I don’t disagree at all. I’ve never said he should be fired today, yesterday, or tomorrow.  Just said I don’t see that he has what it takes.  Not you badger but some on here only can handle when your opinion matches theirs.  

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Archie has the support of many former players unlike the prior regime. For example, Keith Smart, Mike Woodson, Kent Benson, Colin Hartman, Calbert Chaney, AJ Moye, Jared Jeffries just to name a few. Why? Because they think he’s a good coach who is the right man for the job. Until these guys start to wane in their support - I’m not worried.

Great, that’s you and them.  A lot of former players supported Crean as well.  For the infinite time I don’t think he should be fired, he’s just got a huge year ahead of him next year.

Do we even really know for sure where Keion is going anyway? Or is all just prisoner of the moment going on right now? He watched UK embarrass the #1 team in the country we aren’t very good right now. He wasn’t able to make his MSU visit. Could it maybe just be we really don’t know?

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Great, that’s you and them.  A lot of former players supported Crean as well.  For the infinite time I don’t think he should be fired, he’s just got a huge year ahead of him next year.

For what it’s worth - Crean did not have the support from the IU basketball family Archie currently has and never did - Archie is well liked. 

I just told you it was fools gold, I’ve been looking for something positive in the program for a month and a half.  Found nothing positive.  I’m not sure any sunshine pumper can say anything positive about this program. Archie and the team have done nothing.  Now after losing 10 of 11 there is going to be drastic changes?  Give me a break....

If this was the case, you would have fired a lot of Hall of Famer coaches.  Idiotic position at best.  Too early to fully judge a coach.  Too many idiotic IU fans running around all over the place.

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Show us a quote who have ever said he was the second coming of RMK because I know I wasn't even in favor of is hiring.  Some of you guys come on here acting like all of these big insiders who has all of these connections but when you are called out you take your ball and go home.  You don't like being called out but you obviously have no problems calling out others.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t disagree at all. I’ve never said he should be fired today, yesterday, or tomorrow.  Just said I don’t see that he has what it takes.  Not you badger but some on here only can handle when your opinion matches theirs.  

That is the pot calling the kettle

6 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Do we even really know for sure where Keion is going anyway? Or is all just prisoner of the moment going on right now? He watched UK embarrass the #1 team in the country we aren’t very good right now. He wasn’t able to make his MSU visit. Could it maybe just be we really don’t know?

I still go by some of the tweets from his family being upset with our fan base and how they are dealing with this year more than what UK did last night.

Archived