Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Show us a quote who have ever said he was the second coming of RMK because I know I wasn't even in favor of is hiring.  Some of you guys come on here acting like all of these big insiders who has all of these connections but when you are called out you take your ball and go home.  You don't like being called out but you obviously have no problems calling out others.

👍

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

If this was the case, you would have fired a lot of Hall of Famer coaches.  Idiotic position at best.  Too early to fully judge a coach.  Too many idiotic IU fans running around all over the place.

Yes it’s an idiotic take I know...sorry to hurt your feelings about your beloved coach. 

The sad thing is if Jerome Hunter is as good as advertised, him, Trayce, and Keion would be a tough matchup against the majority of teams.  Also, a healthy Deron/Race and hopefully Phin & Durham progress to what they are capable of. If we really think we have 1-2 transfers, we could try and push hard for a 2020 to reclass or get some grad transfers to fill specific roles. That's not a bad team by any means.

Not to mention, idk if either Hunter/TJD/KBJ are OAD's so this team could be really deep by year 4. Tough pill to swallow knowing that none of that will happen now.

2 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

And to think I thought I may get some Keion recruiting info here.  The usual suspects taking over threads with the usual rhetoric.  I will check back tomorrow, maybe there will be some conversation around Keion’s recruitment to read.

Warning ....You might not like the news

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

The sad thing is if Jerome Hunter is as good as advertised, him, Trayce, and Keion would be a tough matchup against the majority of teams.  Also, a healthy Deron/Race and hopefully Phin & Durham progress to what they are capable of. If we really think we have 1-2 transfers, we could try and push hard for a 2020 to reclass or get some grad transfers to fill specific roles. That's not a bad team by any means.

Not to mention, idk if either Hunter/TJD/KBJ are OAD's so this team could be really deep by year 4. Tough pill to swallow knowing that none of that will happen now.

Thank you for some realistic optimism.  Still think the injuries hurt us more than we think in terms of Juwan and Romeo having to play more minutes, being asked to shoulder more of the load, and Juwan being forced to play out of position and take a beating guarding the opponents post. It also allowed Justin to think he could/needed to do more offensively THIS year.

We'll never know what could've been this year, but there is reason for optimism if we can shed some negative forces this offseason.  If Keion wants to be a part of the ride, great. If not, he and his family will miss out on being part of something special, and having a legacy in the state for years to come.  

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still go by some of the tweets from his family being upset with our fan base and how they are dealing with this year more than what UK did last night.

Which is fine and I’m not disagreeing with you, but I worked in Kentucky that fan base isn’t any different then ours. 

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Which is fine and I’m not disagreeing with you, but I worked in Kentucky that fan base isn’t any different then ours. 

I lived down there for a bit too, those people are ncaab crazy, and have nothing else to root for.  We at least have the colts and pacers lol.  Now I'm in sec country and the bama football fans here are just as nuts lol.

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’ve never actually seen these so called tweets

One was a few weeks ago between franklin's mom and Brook's mom and another one this week from Brian Snow saying the family is having problems with how the iU an base is dealing with this season.  He said the family s worried that the fans will get their wish and Archie won't be there if brooks goes there.

Just now, CapnRon said:

I lived down there for a bit too, those people are ncaab crazy, and have nothing else to root for.  We at least have the colts and pacers lol.  Now I'm in sec country and the bama football fans here are just as nuts lol.

True lol. I live down here now and work back in Indiana. Did that kind of backwards anyway. It was actually more interesting to watch the UK UL fans argue than anything. Anyway. Hopefully KBJ picks is if not I hope he kills it at UK. 

Just now, CapnRon said:

And to be fair weren't the UK people tweeting they didn't need him?  I really hope they don't think IU fans are worse just because they are closer, and have to deal with them more lol.

It is more to do with the fact that they are worried that Archie will not be at IU and there is no worry about Cal or Izzo job security.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is more to do with the fact that they are worried that Archie will not be at IU and there is no worry about Cal or Izzo job security.

Completely understandable concern but if that's their issue with IU then I don't see how his commitment wouldn't completely shift everyone's outlook on the future. If fans knew next years team had two 5-star players that could realistically stick around for a couple years, I'm sure everyone's patience and confidence in Archie would change.

As for fans voicing their negative opinions, I'd suggest that the Brooks family read into how UK fans (now apparently Keion's top choice) sent death threats to a referee via email/phonecall and posted negative comments about his business on facebook after losing to UNC in the tourney. I'm also sure that when UK was losing to Seton Hall and not ranked in the top 20, those fans were not holding back with how they felt. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s changed with each passing year of a long struggling program.  IU is no longer a blue blood program.  IU is a middle of the road big ten program now. Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, Purdue, and OSU are all way ahead of us.  We are on par with Iowa (not this year though). 

So if you don’t think Archie is the coach who is?  If Archie didn’t get the job who would have? You’re a known insider so I’m sure you know the answer to this!

6 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Completely understandable concern but if that's their issue with IU then I don't see how his commitment wouldn't completely shift everyone's outlook on the future. If fans knew next years team had two 5-star players that could realistically stick around for a couple years, I'm sure everyone's patience and confidence in Archie would change.

Hes pulled a burger boy in consecutive classes.. recruiting isnt the issue.  The perception he wont be here is...  

Everything is negative right now.  I just dont understand why we as fans ,cant see that  adding to our oncourt and internal issues is only counterproductive to the one thing we have going for us. Which is recruiting

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Funny guy....again I could care less who is right or wrong.  Just put me on ignore then

Look I appreciate what you bring to the board and you are able to bring things that others aren’t but sometimes you have this I’m better than you mentality and if one person says anything against you then you get in this instant attitude and make comments that aren’t needed and threaten to not post or tell people to ignore you. I mean no disrespect because I’m not a disrespectful person but you’re not above criticism either and if anything because of your fortunate position you should even be held to a higher standard. Debates and disagreements are going to happen but I don’t like that when you get in these debates you have a “I’m going to take my ball and go home” mentality. Yes this board wouldn’t be the same without you or coach or any other insiders but it gets frustrating when you act the way you do when disputed.

Archived