Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Hes pulled a burger boy in consecutive classes.. recruiting isnt the issue.  The perception he wont be here is...  

Everything is negative right now.  I just dont understand why we as fans ,cant see that  adding to our oncourt and internal issues is only counterproductive to the one thing we have going for us. Which is recruiting

I agree completely that IU fans need to get off social media and realize most of them are not a part of the solution. 

That being said, I just don't get the logic of Keion worrying solely about job security with IU. Like I mentioned earlier, UCLA fans were so vocal about Alford that people were flying planes over campus saying "FIRE ALFORD" even before the season began and Alford had a really good recruiting class coming in. Didn't impact how Keion felt about Alford/UCLA at all. Didn't scare Keion away from MSU when all the stuff came out about Izzo's former players' sexual assault case. I think public opinion made it sound like he was a goner. The fact that the FBI has emails of Christian Dawkins talking about paying Jarred Vanderbilt and Ashton Haagans hasn't stopped Keion from potentially committing to UK. 

Archie is in his second year. No matter how vocal the fans are getting, Glass isn't going to look for a buyout yet. I could get other reasons to not go to IU but fan perception shouldn't be the reason Keion wants to go elsewhere.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I agree completely that IU fans need to get off social media and realize most of them are not a part of the solution. 

That being said, I just don't get the logic of Keion worrying solely about job security with IU. Like I mentioned earlier, UCLA fans were so vocal about Alford that people were flying planes over campus saying "FIRE ALFORD" even before the season began and Alford had a really good recruiting class coming in. Didn't impact how Keion felt about Alford/UCLA at all. Didn't scare Keion away from MSU when all the stuff came out about Izzo's former players' sexual assault case. I think public opinion made it sound like he was a goner. The fact that the FBI has emails of Christian Dawkins talking about paying Jarred Vanderbilt and Ashton Haagans hasn't stopped Keion from potentially committing to UK. 

Archie is in his second year. No matter how vocal the fans are getting, Glass isn't going to look for a buyout yet. I could get other reasons to not go to IU but fan perception shouldn't be the reason Keion wants to go elsewhere.

Im not saying it would be the sole reason..    just two wrongs dont make a right,  and we are cutting our own throats here..  doesnt make sense 

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

To lighten the mood, I became a first time father Wednesday evening to a baby boy. Another IU fan has come into the world. 

Poor kid lol, just kidding.  My wife and I have our first due Saturday as well.  Already got him some Hoosier onesies.

Also, my bday was Wednesday lol

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

To lighten the mood, I became a first time father Wednesday evening to a baby boy. Another IU fan has come into the world. 

Congratulations. My boy will be six on 3/1. He has become a huge IU fan. Having him watch games with me is one of the great joys of my life. I know you will enjoy that here in a few years too. 

Congrats, enjoy, it’s a WONDERFUL “job” to have, you’ll love it 👍🏼

It goes fast (never believed people) . I can remember when my oldest was born, which seems like last week. Went from that tiny boy looking up at me to a 6’6” ~300lb 19 yr college kid, looking down at me 😳😄😕

27 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Gosh I wish you nothing but the best. It puts EVERYTHING into perspective fast. I have three kids, boy/girl/boy and it’s just amazing.

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Hopefully Archie has this turned around by the time he can watch games with you! We just had our first kid a month ago and I’m going on 40 this year and we were waiting til IU regained its glory....eiter we made a terrible mistake and a life of misery for this child or hopefully we are at the beginning of a wonderful redemption story!

If there is ANY question from a recruit whether Archie will be here Glass should be available on speed dial to converse to any parent who asks. He owes Archie that. It’s not like football where there’s dozens of recruits. If a major reasons Brooks is nervous is Archie’s job that should be laid to rest in one 60 second call.

11 minutes ago, Maud'Dib said:

I am not sure if I have more apathy for this recruitment or what's currently on the floor...

Yep.  Scott is going to get his wish eventually about the IU fanbase being supportive and "smart", it will be just like the football fanbase is now.  A small group of diehards and most of the rest of the fanbase not giving a fig.

I just turned 40, many of my diehard friends from my 20's are barely bothered to watch anymore.  Life gets busy as it is and this garbage is not worth wasting 2 hours on.  And we were actually of an age where we experienced Bob Knight and for some of us, had a Finals run while we were in school.  Wait until the people who have gone through these past 2 decades of ineptness reach where I am at in life, they have no reason at all to stick around for this product if it continues being as mediocre to awful as it has been the past 20 years.

14 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes it’s an idiotic take I know...sorry to hurt your feelings about your beloved coach. 

It is an idiotic game this early.  Quit being that way.  Take a chill pill, midol or whatever.  Every coach deserves a cycle. Sometimes they take time.  Done deal though right?  Still another two weeks away?

Just food for thought. Putting together timeline. Last Wednesday (2/13) Michigan St offered Julius Marble. Same position, size,etc...as Keion Brooks. Snow tweeted this out and two days later he tweeted out there is 1 school that every time they lose a recruit he hears from this school about others cheating. He also said most in this school's league think they are cheating. 

As much as Izzo complains on the sideline I can imagine this might be him/Sparty staff. I don't see Archie as the complaining type. He just rolls with it. Sorry to bring up this stuff. I need to have finality in certain things and when I'm looking at timeline of events it tells me someone in East Lansing knew last Wednesday what was up. Combine that with Archie's comments during last week show when he said they are hoping to add more but it wasn't a confident comment.  Maybe we should have paid closer attention to that comment. 

The one and done factory looks like it will strike again.  College basketball and football are such a mess.  I mean for f*** sake, the FBI has gotten involved and they still dont do anything.  There are certain programs that are above reproach.  College basketball has set the following precedents A) you dont have to go to real school - UNC and B) as long as head coaches have middle men they are allowed to funnel money to recruits and families without punishment and C) unless you self report there is really nothing the NCAA regulates.

Archived