Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

1 minute ago, Maud'Dib said:

And it baffles me about how much you hear these kids say they wanna play for a team where they can see significant minutes right away.... and then they go somewhere like UK where they could very easily get buried on the depth chart

Guys at UK play 20 mins a game and often go to the nba on potential alone. He will play with the best talent and have a chance to show off his skills...where at IU things will come difficultly and he will have to work harder imo.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What I can tell you from what I have been told obviously not from KB himself.  Just about 2 months ago our staff was informed that KB would sign his LOI in the Spring to play for IU. At that point we pretty much stopped or really slowed down  most contact with several recruits. As far as I am concerned he was ours. As we all know lots has happened since then. I have 1 source that I listen very carefully too and he has let me know that we are on a very slippery slope but feels that CAM and ED can right this. As I have eluded to earlier it is emotions of KB right now. UK is selling an opportunity to win a title and be a major contributor, and get to the NBA. AS an 18year old that sounds pretty good. Is that the reality if he goes to UK? 

To use a football analogy we have the ball 4 pts down 2:00 left starting at our own 15, will CAM deliver the game winning  score or turn it over on downs? We soon shall see. 

Down 4??? We’ve been leading all along?! Seems like we had a 10pt lead and gone 3 and out trying to run the clock out and we’ve punted and now we got to make a stand...if we are on offense than I suspect we lost a commanding lead with consecutive turnovers...basically choking the game away and now we are trying to make a comeback and our qb has injured ribs...two minute drill against the league leading pass defense on top of it. UK ain’t no joke...we should never have opened the door to them by having the season we had. Hopefully we can salvage this!

3 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

The one and done factory looks like it will strike again.  College basketball and football are such a mess.  I mean for f*** sake, the FBI has gotten involved and they still dont do anything.  There are certain programs that are above reproach.  College basketball has set the following precedents A) you dont have to go to real school - UNC and B) as long as head coaches have middle men they are allowed to funnel money to recruits and families without punishment and C) unless you self report there is really nothing the NCAA regulates.

Seems like a fair conclusion based on what we see.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Down 4??? We’ve been leading all along?! Seems like we had a 10pt lead and gone 3 and out trying to run the clock out and we’ve punted and now we got to make a stand...if we are on offense than I suspect we lost a commanding lead with consecutive turnovers...basically choking the game away and now we are trying to make a comeback and our qb has injured ribs...two minute drill against the league leading pass defense on top of it. UK ain’t no joke...we should never have opened the door to them by having the season we had. Hopefully we can salvage this!

You are correct, another score could have put it away but we are we we are and I am putting faith in our signal caller and hope they can deliver. Being 100% honest I am very shocked that we are even having to have this conversation. 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are correct, another score could have put it away but we are we we are and I am putting faith in our signal caller and hope they can deliver. Being 100% honest I am very shocked that we are even having to have this conversation. 

Me too. I think if we were even a tourney team this wouldn’t have had the questions opened up and opened the door to Cal coming in and point out all the doubts around Archie and compare it to his track record. Ain’t going to lie. Guy can close the deal..and we are serving Keion up on a platter.

I don't like that we missed on our prioritized recruit who lives in Indiana.  When Funderburke "walked away" so early in his freshman year, that could have cost us another banner......or it allowed us become the best team in the country in '92-'93 with the dreaded knee injury to Henderson keeping us from winning it all.  Who knows?  I actually don't think we need one and done players right now.  The thing about Duke and UK is that if a top recruit is not getting in line with the coaches program there are 5 guys on the bench ready to go in that would start on most teams in the country. How does CAM do this a top flight recruit when the backup is a walk-on?  I hope Brooks stays home, but I want results during the season, not excitement about players who have never played a minute for IU.  

Just now, IUskim said:

Bad sign for who? That tweet could be bad for any of the schools involved. 

I think Cal is in his dads head...asking the tough questions about going and playing for a coach who hasn’t proved anything when developing players...parents upset at his program...a OAD that is struggling on the court...and a rebuild that is clearly about to happen and how much fun would that be to play through? Cal using his recruiting Jedi mind tricks..he is brilliant recruiter and we basically just welcomed him into our home to steal our own child!

40 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’d say that’s a bad sign right after they visited Kentucky.

Agreed. Sounds like Cals pitch is telling Keion he's the best option for him if he wants to make it to the NBA.

Wonder if they asked the hard question of why a former and a current player of UK are on Christian Dawkins' emails that the FBI acquired...

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Agreed. Sounds like Cals pitch is telling Keion he's the best option for him if he wants to make it to the NBA.

Wonder if they asked the hard question of why a former and a current player of UK are on Christian Dawkins' emails that the FBI acquired...

Nobody cares...Kansas has worse stuff and they keep getting the best players..Duke too...look at the Bagley stuff and then they land the best freshman class since the fab five.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Sounds like Cals pitch is telling Keion he's the best option for him if he wants to make it to the NBA.

Archie can make that pitch too. "We're having a down year, but Romeo is still projected in the top 10. This year was an anomaly. I need my guys to win and you are my guy. Go to UK and you'll be forgotten when the whole roster turns over again next spring. Come to IU and be a legend."

17 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Archie can make that pitch too. "We're having a down year, but Romeo is still projected in the top 10. This year was an anomaly. I need my guys to win and you are my guy. Go to UK and you'll be forgotten when the whole roster turns over again next spring. Come to IU and be a legend."

The whole roster turns over because they are all getting paid in the NBA. You can’t win against UK by playing your NBA future will be better coming to IU. You tell the kid you are going to the NBA regardless if you put in the work...but you can be the leader here..you can play with familiar faces that got your back and you can be the face of the program here...all while representing the state...oh and candy strips are so much cooler than those checker unis!

51 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Archie can make that pitch, but Keion’s dad saying  this right after watching pUKe beat the number 1 team in America with a crowd like that. Seems pretty easy to figure out. Right now we have two types of negative recruiting. There is the product on the floor with a top 5 recruit Romeo playing average and there is Calipari and Kentucky telling him we send all of our players to the NBA and this will be you. Don’t need to take a chance on Other schools with drama and setbacks. You and your family will be rich here!

Just now, Hoosierdave said:

@CoachSS @IUwins0708 is there any info you can share with us on what's transpired over the last couple of days that makes it seem like this recruitment has entirely shifted?

People never learn. Brian Snow and all recruiting people are laughing at IU fans in the background.  There is an interesting conversation behind the scenes about Sam Story.....very funny.  Is this his Massive moment again?

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

People never learn. Brian Snow and all recruiting people are laughing at IU fans in the background.  There is an interesting conversation behind the scenes about Sam Story.....very funny.  Is this his Massive moment again?

Anyone of substance would distance themselves from the Brian Snow's of the world. I know of no one who actually takes his opinion serious. 

Regarding Coach I'll say this. He posted last month about Archie and recruiting 5 star guys. Paraphrasing here but it was essentially Archie is going to use the Michigan model and fine very good multiple year players. Not sure fire oad guys anymore until this program gets it's grounding. Maybe KB is so hell bent on OAD that Archie won't say the fluff some want to hear. I don't see KB as OAD. Much the same way Kris Wilkes wasn't. 

Finally. When a parent decides to tweet recruiting information out the Monday after many changed picks to UK and not going to Sparty. Spare me that a decision hasn't been made. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Anyone of substance would distance themselves from the Brian Snow's of the world. I know of no one who actually takes his opinion serious. 

Regarding Coach I'll say this. He posted last month about Archie and recruiting 5 star guys. Paraphrasing here but it was essentially Archie is going to use the Michigan model and fine very good multiple year players. Not sure fire oad guys anymore until this program gets it's grounding. Maybe KB is so hell bent on OAD that Archie won't say the fluff some want to hear. I don't see KB as OAD. Much the same way Kris Wilkes wasn't. 

Finally. When a parent decides to tweet recruiting information out the Monday after many changed picks to UK and not going to Sparty. Spare me that a decision hasn't been made. 

Thing is people have had no idea where he is going.  Has IU fans felt good.  Problem is IU has never known.  I know someone in the IU media and they said if IU knew he was his...we would know.  We typically always know when they do.  Certain coaches have them write articles for specific recruits they want really bad....and they are told when they know.  This has never been a done deal.  People just need to accept that.  

Archived