Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick update. Still lots of confidence that he will be a Hoosier.  If he goes to UK I can admit my sources were off on this one. On the positive I am still getting it looks very good from 3 and a 50/50 at this point from the other.

Great news!  Hear anything else about the big fish Ed is trying to land?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

I think this is a 50/50 decision. I feel like his parents have influenced him more to consider UK. I think he's conflicted. IU can't let up. We need to show him how much we want him. The longer this drags out now will favor us.

Word is that Keion will be going home at Spring Break (begins Feb 28) to talk with his parents about his future. 

Disclaimer:  I know no one,  have no particular insights behind the scenes, etc.   That said,  I personally believe that IU's chances with KB get better each day he remains uncommitted.   If what has been reported is accurate, ie;  parents want UK,   I believe if KB wanted UK he would have committed after the visit.

McHoop

10 minutes ago, rico said:

I think KBJ's decision is gonna hinge on who is leaving.....both at IU and UK.

Well IU will have our seniors plus Romeo and if I had to guess 2 or 3 transfers.

UK- I think Washington and Johnson will leave early plus they have a senior in Travis.

So it appears that both will have plenty of roster movement

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well IU will have our seniors plus Romeo and if I had to guess 2 or 3 transfers.

UK- I think Washington and Johnson will leave early plus they have a senior in Travis.

So it appears that both will have plenty of roster movement

How many guys UK got signed for next year?

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick update. Still lots of confidence that he will be a Hoosier.  If he goes to UK I can admit my sources were off on this one. On the positive I am still getting it looks very good from 3 and a 50/50 at this point from the other.

I also find it interesting that Mike pegram and chris fisher (UK insider) haven't changed their CB picks to UK yet. Hope that's a sign that things are still very much up in the air. 

Does anyone know if the staff has any visits left?

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like they have 2 signed already

Tyrese Maxey 6'3 guard 5 star #9 player in the country

Donatai Allen 6'6 forward 4 star #107 in the ocuntry

There is also 5 star from the 2020 class they offered that everyone seems to think will sign and reclassify. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hes probably one of the GPA boosters that sits on end of bench waves the towels and shoots the imaginary arrows. Makes sure those other guys get their shoes on the correct feet

Actually he is a really good player. He probably would be a 3 or 4 year guy but the kid has scored over 3200 pts for Pendleton Co. and was avg over 40pts a game this year. Unfortunately he tore his ACL I think in early January....good thing he signed already. Kid can ball for sure but would be one of those guys that would come off the bench behind the 5 stars for the next couple years and maybe be like Darius Miller a savy do it all senior. I think Cal was getting a lot of pressure because it was the kids dream to play there and at the time he was offered it looked like he would end up with over 4000 pts and maybe break Kentuckys High School record.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like they have 2 signed already

Tyrese Maxey 6'3 guard 5 star #9 player in the country

Donatai Allen 6'6 forward 4 star #107 in the ocuntry

Looks like they have a hard commit from 6'6 forward 5 star #7 Kahlil Whitney as well. That's the one the baffles me with Brooks. Is Whitney not committed anymore? If so, how do the Brooks think that's a great situation for Keion?

Still think he would get pushed to the post, and have fewer minutes at UK. We will have Davis, TJD, Race, and Jake to play the post (guessing Cliff leaves). Keion will definitely be a wing for us. Unless Hagans and Herro both leave, just doesn't make sense from a playing time standpoint.

Archived