Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

D Wade has helped IU and Crean and Romeos impact will be far superior to that IMO

He will really help IU off the court if he has made positive connections with Archie and his staff.  What I mean is, if Romeo was challenged by all the coaches and learned even more here coming out of high school, he is going to want to sell that to future recruits. 

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

He will really help IU off the court if he has made positive connections with Archie and his staff.  What I mean is, if Romeo was challenged by all the coaches and learned even more here coming out of high school, he is going to want to sell that to future recruits. 

Like other have said he is selling the University to recruits.

41 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Rumor on the other board that he is a silent verbal to U.K.  Any new updates for or against this rumor?

Well if you were looking for all things anti-IU, you probably found it over there.  I honestly can’t determine if they root for IU or not.

Today I talked to my friend who works with Keion’s dad. I mentioned the rumor that there was a disagreement between Keion and his parents regarding school choice. My friend said that several months ago he was talking to dad who said that if Keion got an offer from Kentucky, it was over because that was where Keion was going.

Nothing earth shattering but confirms what we have discussed here. Will be interesting to see who wins out 

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Today I talked to my friend who works with Keion’s dad. I mentioned the rumor that there was a disagreement between Keion and his parents regarding school choice. My friend said that several months ago he was talking to dad who said that if Keion got an offer from Kentucky, it was over because that was where Keion was going.

Nothing earth shattering but confirms what we have discussed here. Will be interesting to see who wins out 

Kentucky offered Brooks in September 2017.  It’s been over for 18 months?

I have never been recruited so I have no ideal. I would think if you are and Indiana high school player , and you plan on choosing a in state school why not announce it during your last year. If you are considering and out of state school I would wait. Why take the cat calls in opposing gyms. I know that doesn’t always pan out that way but that’s how I think. Romeo waited,but Romeo also was considering, Louisville and Vandy I believe till the very end. 

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

So its been IU, then UK, back to IU now back to UK(as of 9 hours ago).  Who will be Keion's choice today for his college decision?  I am hoping its back to IU :panic:

The way it sounds is that KB Sr. wants UK and KB Jr. wants IU. So depending on where the info is coming from it could all be correct. Also as for Brooks committing to UK maybe KB Sr. did but not Jr. and that's where a lot of these different rumors are coming from.  

12 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

If Luke can turn his father back from the darkside, there's always hope.

Keion, Sr:  "It's too late for me, my son."

Keion, Jr: " There's still good in you father, I can feel it."

So is Archie, Yoda in this script?  

Remember a couple of football recruits announcing on national TV and when they announced their choice their mothers went nuts.  One was when the mother wanted LSU but the player picked Alabama and the other one was when the recruit picked Arkansas over the choice that the mother want and she would not sign the LOI for a long time.  Hopefully this is not the case when KB chooses whoever he chooses.

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

According to dad

I think that would be a big mistake. If it has been UK this long, then he’s wasted a lot of people’s tine and money - especially him and his family. 

I also think he would’ve been a McDAA if he was committed to UK at the time. 

Archived