Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd timing. Kentucky was getting killed. IU won. Sparty obviously lost. Weird comment timing wise. 

Did someone give him a hard time about a chance to win a HS championship and he mentioned that going to La Lu was about developing forvnext level. That is my assumption. Don’t know but it would make sense. Probably didn’t feel he was getting quality coaching at his old school.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Did someone give him a hard time about a chance to win a HS championship and he mentioned that going to La Lu was about developing forvnext level. That is my assumption. Don’t know but it would make sense. Probably didn’t feel he was getting quality coaching at his old school.

It makes a lot of sense given his history...and I understood why he did it, especially if he didn't have much faith in the coaching/development he was getting in a public school.

8 hours ago, cybergates said:

Agreed I assume it means a high school coach should be trying to get their players college scholarships over sectional championships 

Thanks to you and others the puzzle is complete. Haha. I think this makes sense.To each their own on playing high school or going to a place like La Lu. Benefits to both for sure but the one thing I always caution people on is there is plenty of time to grow up. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Does the staff have any more visits they can use? I thought I saw somewhere that keion was planning on sitting down with his family and making a decision once LaLu's season ended.

That has been said. I personally think Geico Nationals makes the most since for an announcement since it’s been said he wants to do it on national television. 

Just now, TargaFlorio said:

A little surprised he's making his announcement on the Friday night of the first weekend of the tournament.  Seems like the announcement could be a bit lost in the excitement of all the games.  Maybe that's the only time he could do it back home in Fort. Wayne.  

It's the week before. This will be during the B1G tournament.

1 minute ago, TargaFlorio said:

A little surprised he's making his announcement on the Friday night of the first weekend of the tournament.  Seems like the announcement could be a bit lost in the excitement of all the games.  Maybe that's the only time he could do it back home in Fort. Wayne.  

It’s not the opening weekend of NCAA tourney.  It’s the big ten tourney weekend

Archived