Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goes home for break. Weighs all the pros and cons. Sees a big IU win yesterday. Sees all the press his good friend TJD is getting. Maybe he's ready to just say yes to IU. Or on the flip side he's announcing in mid March so that staffs of teams can recover before April signing period? 

If he's announced the date I'm assuming he knows where. Pretty tough to keep this one quiet for 12 days. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Goes home for break. Weighs all the pros and cons. Sees a big IU win yesterday. Sees all the press his good friend TJD is getting. Maybe he's ready to just say yes to IU. Or on the flip side he's announcing in mid March so that staffs of teams can recover before April signing period? 

If he's announced the date I'm assuming he knows where. Pretty tough to keep this one quiet for 12 days. 

If a decision has been made it will start getting out over the next 12 days.

Just now, DC2345 said:

If a decision has been made it will start getting out over the next 12 days.

Kind of what I was thinking. Of course no way to tell by Archie's movements because he's actively recruiting 2019 still. Won't really be a tell on KB Jr unless of course Archie doesn't have follow up visits with guys he's been chasing the last 2 weeks. All we can do is hope we did enough. Announcing in his hometown used to mean something to me.

Why March 15th is pertinent-

44 B.C.- Julius Caesar was murdered by among others, Cassius—as in Winston, ergo, MSU out of the running 

1968- US Mint in Ft. Knox, KENTUCKY stops buying and selling gold. No go for the Wildcats 

1869- The Cincinnati RED Stockings becomes the first professional baseball team.

Clearly, the date was chosen for a reason and the fates are aligned for a Big Red signing 

😛

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Just took a look over on the main UK bb message board to see what they are saying..... Interesting that several on there are now saying they are not as confident as they were 2 weeks ago. Some are even saying they feel he is going to IU...

Also can’t spell his name 

Just now, loviubb said:

Time to be selfish. Wasn't the parents wanting different school and Keion wanting IU. That could say it all.

Yep. I was thinking the same.

Time to be selfish, and choose where HE wants to go.. Nobody else.

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

The time to be selfish remark by Keion’s dad  scares the hell out of me.

What do you guys think?

I think there are quite a few possibilities for what it means.

After reading it the first time, I was thinking as I previously stated above - Be selfish, do what Keion wants.. Go to IU.

All I know for sure is that it's going to be a long 12 days..

self·ish

Dictionary result for selfish

/ˈselfiSH/
adjective
  1. (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
    "I joined them for selfish reasons".

.....From reading this definition, I like where it leads me to believe...I can't help but think IU is his selfish choice and not his parent's. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

What do you guys think?

Cryptic or ambiguous.

He is either referencing his son being selfish ( likely as the context is in response to KBJs Twitter ).  Or, Keion's Dad is talking from his own perspective, which in some likelihood, he wouldn't likely tweet.

11 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

What do you guys think?

I'll play devil's advocate here and say that it could mean that although a lot of people want you to go to IU and you might feel pressured to do so it's time to be selfish and do what's best for you.

Just now, PoHoosier said:

Cryptic or ambiguous.

He is either referencing his son being selfish ( likely as the context is in response to KBJs Twitter ).  Or, Keion's Dad is talking from his own perspective, which in some likelihood, he wouldn't likely tweet.

I took it as having his day and spotlight on the day with a signing show.

Archived