Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

9 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Can't disagree you are set for life if you do make it. But if the more likely scenario is you don't make it in that first year, then you should plan for the best scenario under that outcome (more than one year).

Also, getting to the "real money" with an NBA contract requires at minimum first round, maybe lottery? I'm not as close of an NBA follower as some on here, but everybody keeps mentioning the second contract is where the best money is made too. If you're a second rounder, there's a solid chance you bounce around in the G League. One bad year and you could be on the outside looking in for good. At Keion's level, there are tons of guys trying to grind it out and many don't make it to the set for life kind of money they all hope for. 

True...the key is making a roster and surviving those first few years...especially if you're not a lottery.  And even the lottery guys can lose out, if they end up in the wrong franchise/situation.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Involved how in the announcement? Involved like Garland involved or involved some other way? Pawns or actually for the good?

If they are actually involved this time around I'm not sure I like the drip campaign (of negative towards IU) that Snow has dropped over the last 3-4 weeks. He routinely stays away from fan bases yet he took time to tweet out those around Brooks camp aren't liking the negativity towards players going through rough time? Maybe he's being used?

I don't know other than Keion tagging Brian Snow in his tweet about the announcement.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I agree, and not only that, but that these are now called "business decisions". A high school senior should be thinking about going to which school he likes most. Who has what their looking for in a major, which coach/players does he click with, what campus do they want to be on. It's sad they have to think about which school is the best for building their brand or which is best for making them a one and done. 

I hope this kid, and every kid, pick the school/program they like best, but it's sad if you want to play and attend one school, but your "circle" is pushing you somewhere else because of the business side. 

I'll say this, I hope we get Brooks, I really do. But if his main priority is to be a one and done, then it might be best for all if he goes to UK or MSU. I'm not sure that's what IU needs right now. If he's open to staying at least 2 years, then absolutely it would be a huge get for IU. 

Agree here. I also think there could be issues on a personal side if his family/handlers want KB to be a one & done & they want the coach/team to showcase him on a regular basis. I don't know how that would work out at Michigan State or Kentucky, but I don't see Archie abandoning his vision for the program so KB gets as much national attention as he possibly can. I think we can all agree that Brooks isn't the player that Langford is and Romeo is averaging 17PPG with 5 boards. Let's assume KB comes in and he gets only 11PPG/4RPB. Is that going to be enough for dad or the handlers if they all believe KB is a OAD type of player? 

Could be drama that Indiana simply doesn't need. I really want to land Brooks. I think he gets it and I think he understands that playing in an Indiana jersey is extremely meaningful. I'm not sure, given the posts here, that everyone around him understands it.

4 hours ago, HoosierMatty said:

Maybe this is because I'm from southern Indiana but an Indiana kid going to UK is the worst. They are the evil Empire to me. 

Oh, I am not a fan of anything about Kentucky.  My thought was more that Brooks is a good player, I don't want to have to face a kid like that potentially a few times a year.  At Kentucky he will be kind of out of sight and out of mind because I do not follow them at all.  At MSU he kind of gets rubbed in the face a few more times. 

Preferably he ends up at IU with his good friend TJD and we don't have to worry whether it is worse to have him at Cheating Hillbilly U. or Rapey State.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Oh, I am not a fan of anything about Kentucky.  My thought was more that Brooks is a good player, I don't want to have to face a kid like that potentially a few times a year.  At Kentucky he will be kind of out of sight and out of mind because I do not follow them at all.  At MSU he kind of gets rubbed in the face a few more times. 

Preferably he ends up at IU with his good friend TJD and we don't have to worry whether it is worse to have him at Cheating Hillbilly U. or Rapey State.

Ironically, both of those names apply to Louisville

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't know other than Keion tagging Brian Snow in his tweet about the announcement.

Ok...Thanks. I'll try to stay positive but if he's tagging Snow (as anti IU guy going) and known Kentucky blowhard in Daniels....those signs aren't what I call positive. 

The more I look at his options, the more UK confuses me. I could completely understand him going to UNC or MSU over IU because he could get significant playing time at a big name program and get coached by hall of famers. But to potentially go to a school that kicked you to the curb temporarily to land two other wings, and then started to "prioritize" you again as a result of missing out on other players they wanted more is a gigantic insult to KBJ. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok...Thanks. I'll try to stay positive but if he's tagging Snow (as anti IU guy going) and known Kentucky blowhard in Daniels....those signs aren't what I call positive. 

Why is Snow an anti IU guy? Who peed in his Cheerios? 😐 🤷🏼‍♂️ 🤨

I’m hesitant to post this, because I didn’t see it firsthand. However, I’ll put this out there due to the fact that one of you guys might have saw this as well. Anyway, a friend of mine is adamant about a screenshot text that he saw on an IU Facebook fan page after Keion announced his decision date. 

It read, “Keion just told the team where he’s going.” The other guy responded with an obvious, “where?” He was answered by a “Can’t say... just know that isn’t IU.”

The screenshot text was immediately deleted. When my friend tried to click on the picture, Facebook said that this photo is no longer available.

I’m trying not to read too much into it, but I did want to pass this along. Perhaps for confirmation more than anything...

I think it’s all speculative at this point. If he really knew where he was going he would just go ahead and announce. At this point I really feel like he hasn’t even made a true decision yet. Anyway. I hope he picks IU. If not on to the next and good luck to whoever lands him. 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm with you.  IU just swept MSU but UK thinks they're too good to play IU.  I definitely hate Kensucky a lot worse than Sparty.  Sparty is just another league opponent to me.

So the one game-changer here, UK for all their faults doesn't have a history of systemic sexual violence and coverup. I don't "hate" UK, I just dislike their sports. I legit HATE MSU. 

37 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m hesitant to post this, because I didn’t see it firsthand. However, I’ll put this out there due to the fact that one of you guys might have saw this as well. Anyway, a friend of mine is adamant about a screenshot text that he saw on an IU Facebook fan page after Keion announced his decision date. 

It read, “Keion just told the team where he’s going.” The other guy responded with an obvious, “where?” He was answered by a “Can’t say... just know that isn’t IU.”

The screenshot text was immediately deleted. When my friend tried to click on the picture, Facebook said that this photo is no longer available.

I’m trying not to read too much into it, but I did want to pass this along. Perhaps for confirmation more than anything...

Know how easy it is to mock up a very real looking FB screencap?

Regardless if your friend saw it or not, I'm calling bull Schenectady. 

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Know how easy it is to mock up a very real looking FB screencap?

Regardless if your friend saw it or not, I'm calling bull Schenectady. 

Oh, I get it... just skeptical about it all. I just wish that I wouldn’t pay so much attention to where some young man goes to play basketball.  😬

56 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Shared by India Franklin on Twitter

72484FE4-F86C-4472-9CC2-A61EC1BE317A.jpeg

This is AWESOME  I don’t know about anyone else but when a parent is committed to getting players that could actually take minutes away from her son just so the team can be better is amazing! This is exactly what I want from a recruit and their family.

Archived