Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Or he is just visiting one more time cause he will never be allowed to attend another IU game if he chooses UK :panic: :panic: Just Kidding, if he visits IU Sunday, no way its another school unless he wants to tell the coaching staff in person his choice

(......no way its another school unless he wants to tell the coaching staff in person his choice.) If a potential recruit came to watch a game in person, with intentions of telling a coach,..."Thanks, but no thanks!"...... is pretty low ball to me! If he tells me before the game that he is has decided on a different school,.........his floor level seat might just have to be upgraded to top row, balcony...😜  If he KNOWS he is going elsewhere and still comes to take in a free game, then tells the coach after, is a bit different. IU still would have one last chance to make a positive impression on him and hopefully change is mind.

5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I feel about brooks like I did this time last year about romeo, it would be nice but I don't really care anymore. It is just fun reading stuff.

I'm about there myself.  I expect IU to be on the upswing with or without KJB.  Would love to have him on the train, but it's not critical to IU's success.

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm about there myself.  I expect IU to be on the upswing with or without KJB.  Would love to have him on the train, but it's not critical to IU's success.

I agree, it's more of a bragging rights thing I guess. Like I say it would be nice but I think some 3 or 4 year players that can shoot the lights out and are willing to put the effort required on the defensive end would benefit the program more than a player who wants to be one and done. 

After @DC2345's post I sought out some details. Here's what I've got:

• Peegs himself believes that Keion slightly favors IU. Others in the circle may not, which is what is making the decision so tough.
  • Per Rabjohns, UK has done a really good job pitching Keion on being a one and done. It has resonated. IU has done a good job showing him that with Morgan and Romeo leaving, there are shots and minutes to be had in areas where Brooks excels. UK is more crowded than IU.
  • This is only being discussed, not official, but Keion may contemplate visiting IU for the Rutgers game. This was positioned as not close to a sure thing.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

After @DC2345's post I sought out some details. Here's what I've got:

• Peegs himself believes that Keion slightly favors IU. Others in the circle may not, which is what is making the decision so tough.
  • Per Rabjohns, UK has done a really good job pitching Keion on being a one and done. It has resonated. IU has done a good job showing him that with Morgan and Romeo leaving, there are shots and minutes to be had in areas where Brooks excels. UK is more crowded than IU.
  • This is only being discussed, not official, but Keion may contemplate visiting IU for the Rutgers game. This was positioned as not close to a sure thing.
On 2/14/2019 at 3:17 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

Something to consider -- do the recruiting service sites do better or worse if everyone believes that a recruitment is still very tight and down to the wire?

Just thought I'd repost something TDH said a few weeks ago.  Remember they have a knack for creating some drama near decision time, and keep the readers on the hook.  In my experience, I believe some of the drama is manufactured for clicks.  Is it in this case?  I have no idea.  Maybe Keion is totally undecided, but ready to be swept off his feet by Indiana overcoming the Rutger monkey on their back at Assembly Hall.  

Anyway, the boards are abuzz with the notion that Keion might come on Sunday.  But what if he doesn't?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!......  It's hard to believe he doesn't have the information he needs for a decision at this point.  (I'm a big fan of Keion, by the way, but have no inclination to where he's going).  

3 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Doyle stated that Brooks is 100% Kentucky and was told by Division 1 Head Coach.  I hope this is not true and think Doyle is complete trash, but does seem to fit with the feelings of what has transpired lately in this recruitment.

If we are talking about Gregg Doyle, he is complete trash.  Purdue homer for sure

2 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Doyle stated that Brooks is 100% Kentucky and was told by Division 1 Head Coach.  I hope this is not true and think Doyle is complete trash, but does seem to fit with the feelings of what has transpired lately in this recruitment.

He could have been told that by Utah Valley (yes, it's D1) head coach Mark Pope, who is a Kentucky alum and probably couldn't identify Keion Brooks in a lineup that included Foster Brooks, a Brooks Brothers mannequin and a bottle of Brooks ketchup.

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He could have been told that by Utah Valley (yes, it's D1) head coach Mark Pope, who is a Kentucky alum and probably couldn't identify Keion Brooks in a lineup that included Foster Brooks, a Brooks Brothers mannequin and a bottle of Brooks ketchup.

I did hear he was able to Identify both Mel and Garth Brooks though.

I do want Brooks to come to IU because a huge part of me wants to continue to feel optimistic right now. I think it is less about whether we get a particular player than it is feeling optimistic that Archie and his staff get the recruits that they target.  Crean wiffed so many time that it became clear that he would not have success.  

Archived