Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

12 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I do want Brooks to come to IU because a huge part of me wants to continue to feel optimistic right now. I think it is less about whether we get a particular player than it is feeling optimistic that Archie and his staff get the recruits that they target.  Crean wiffed so many time that it became clear that he would not have success.  

Good points.  2 players that I want to see at IU are KB and Morton. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Doyle stated that Brooks is 100% Kentucky and was told by Division 1 Head Coach.  I hope this is not true and think Doyle is complete trash, but does seem to fit with the feelings of what has transpired lately in this recruitment.

He always said Romeo was going to Kansas....he doesn't know anything

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He could have been told that by Utah Valley (yes, it's D1) head coach Mark Pope, who is a Kentucky alum and probably couldn't identify Keion Brooks in a lineup that included Foster Brooks, a Brooks Brothers mannequin and a bottle of Brooks ketchup.

Sorry, I didn't mention this, but it was a D1 Head coach in Indiana that texted him this after he had tweeted that Brooks was an IU lean.  Again, this is a credible journalist, I use the word credible very lightly though, so I wouldn't consider this your brothers cousins girlfriends hairstylist type of rumor, but also I wouldn't consider this a confirmed breaking news story either.

And Yes Doyle is an idiot for sure!

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Just thought I'd repost something TDH said a few weeks ago.  Remember they have a knack for creating some drama near decision time, and keep the readers on the hook.  In my experience, I believe some of the drama is manufactured for clicks.  Is it in this case?  I have no idea.  Maybe Keion is totally undecided, but ready to be swept off his feet by Indiana overcoming the Rutger monkey on their back at Assembly Hall.  

Anyway, the boards are abuzz with the notion that Keion might come on Sunday.  But what if he doesn't?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!......  It's hard to believe he doesn't have the information he needs for a decision at this point.  (I'm a big fan of Keion, by the way, but have no inclination to where he's going).  

Something even more sinister --- what if they know the decision that is coming but don't tell their subscribers???  That's exactly what one of them said the other day regarding TJD.  Oh we knew all along but couldn't tell you, our paying subscribers.  What???

So you pay for a subscription to get the mindless "I'm just enjoying the process/evaluating my options" articles and get strung along, but when they have real info they opt to withhold and side with the recruit???  

I try not to be negative or anything like that. But if we can't close this out and land Brooks then why is Ed on the staff?...and I said IF....I think he chooses IU but if he doesn't I would wonder that...you would think that Keion would be a sure thing since Ed coached his father...

31 minutes ago, KDB said:

Page 167.

Thank you, sir. 

I read it and it didn’t have quite the bravura we had come to expect in the past.

Perhaps Keion’s thinking was impacted by that epic losing streak...perhaps it had something to do with Keion hearing word of a bit of a fractured locker room in Bloomington. We know these recruits usually have an inside track on matters like that. It’d be nice if we prove to have found our mojo and make a historic run. That sorta thing would certainly have to have some bearing on his feelings. By March 15th we’ll have a decent idea as to whether we’re dancing or not.

Lots to pay close attention to over the next week and a half.

4 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

I try not to be negative or anything like that. But if we can't close this out and land Brooks then why is Ed on the staff?...and I said IF....I think he chooses IU but if he doesn't I would wonder that...you would think that Keion would be a sure thing since Ed coached his father...

Just because he coached his dad doesn’t mean that he should automatically get Jr to come to IU. Ed is on staff because of his connections throughout the state and to adidas. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Just because he coached his dad doesn’t mean that he should automatically get Jr to come to IU. Ed is on staff because of his connections throughout the state and to adidas. 

Yeah, it’s unfair to KBJ to assume he is a one-issue candidate, if you will.

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Sorry, I didn't mention this, but it was a D1 Head coach in Indiana that texted him this after he had tweeted that Brooks was an IU lean.  Again, this is a credible journalist, I use the word credible very lightly though, so I wouldn't consider this your brothers cousins girlfriends hairstylist type of rumor, but also I wouldn't consider this a confirmed breaking news story either.

Well, Archie wouldn't text that. Brey would have no reason to. Matt Lottich or LaVar Jordan wouldnt know. Hmmmm...who could it be that could have a reasonable claim to know and have an anti IU agenda.......

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Well, Archie wouldn't text that. Brey would have no reason to. Matt Lottich or LaVar Jordan wouldnt know. Hmmmm...who could it be that could have a reasonable claim to know and have an anti IU agenda.......

Walter McCarty?

2 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Why do we think any coach in Indiana, besides perhaps Archie, would know where he is going? The notion that some random coach knows makes no sense. 

Archived