Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

My only take on this is to say the name Kyle Macy. As a young man my family members would spit when his name came up and I almost did just now.  Mr. Indiana, then went to Turdue, then transferred to Kentucky. I was raised to believe that what he had done was one of the most traitorous things a Hoosier could do. It was to spit on all the good things about our state. Might as well beat up a puppy and vomit in church on Easter Sunday.  This is part of my DNA.  If KBJ chooses Kentucky, I will have a tough time rooting for him in anything.  I won't go out of my way to boo him but I will ignore him that's for sure. 

Kyle ain't the only one.  Jim Master and Roger Harden followed.  I don't think anybody in the state cares if a kid goes to an in-state school.  But UK is a no-no.  And it brings shame when our best go to Lexington.  

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sagamore said:

Grew up in Fort Wayne and attended Harding - I remember Jim Master(1980 Indiana Mr Basketball)  went to Kentucky and how everybody regarded him as a traitor....

Oh yeah.  It is frowned upon in this state.  

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh yeah.  It is frowned upon in this state.  

Trey Lyles says hello

Wikipedia:

Entering his senior year of high school, Lyles was ranked as one of the best high school basketball players in the country and was recruited heavily by Kentucky, Indiana, and Louisville. Lyles originally committed to Indiana in September 2010 during his freshman year of high school, but then later decommitted in August 2012.[1] Lyles signed a letter of intent on November 5, 2013 to play and study at the University of Kentucky.

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Trey Lyles says hello

Wikipedia:

Entering his senior year of high school, Lyles was ranked as one of the best high school basketball players in the country and was recruited heavily by Kentucky, Indiana, and Louisville. Lyles originally committed to Indiana in September 2010 during his freshman year of high school, but then later decommitted in August 2012.[1] Lyles signed a letter of intent on November 5, 2013 to play and study at the University of Kentucky.

And nobody cares about Trey.  But that study part cracks me up!

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Trey Lyles says hello

Wikipedia:

Who??? Never heard of him!!

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Trey Lyles says hello

Wikipedia:

See, the quick one and done route doesn't always work when trying to go to UK. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Now that is an insult to the great Dr. Seuss 

One day in class I was trying to give examples of oxymoron and said Giant shrimp, awfully pretty etc.. a student suddenly became my all time favorite when he said how about UK higher education. From there it led to a couple Kentucky jokes and man what a glorious day it was

4 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

If only people would use their time and energy to this thread and not on the Hurt thread.  smh

Keion is our target. 

Go Hoosiers!!!

If only people would not feel the need to say he isn't coming here quite posting in that thread it wouldn't be on the first page.

That thread...someone posts an update...nothing about IU so no one responds...it falls back to the bottom for a month...but those that get their panties in a bunch that it got an update and say he isn't coming is the same people keeping it at the top of the page. smh

2 hours ago, rico said:

Kyle ain't the only one.  Jim Master and Roger Harden followed.  I don't think anybody in the state cares if a kid goes to an in-state school.  But UK is a no-no.  And it brings shame when our best go to Lexington.  

I mean, this might well be the way a good chunk of IU fans living in-state feel, but it’s a ridiculous way to look at a kid trying to take best steps with realistic ambitions of playing NBA ball. Does it sting that they spurn us? You bet. But, it’s extremely tough to judge a kid for making what they deem as a sound decision when it pertains to their ability to grow and be showcased for the next level. 

Somehow taking their choice as personally as you intimate some do, I’d argue, is a colossal waste of time and energy. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Kentuckians built those bridges I'm taking the ferry. :o

I was gonna say, at first both my wife (who is a Louisville native) and I laughed out loud.

Then I got to thinking, if it’s a particularly hot day, that shade ought to be mighty nice.

56 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I mean, this might well be the way a good chunk of IU fans living in-state feel, but it’s a ridiculous way to look at a kid trying to take best steps with realistic ambitions of playing NBA ball. Does it sting that they spurn us? You bet. But, it’s extremely tough to judge a kid for making what they deem as a sound decision when it pertains to their ability to grow and be showcased for the next level. 

Somehow taking their choice as personally as you intimate some do, I’d argue, is a colossal waste of time and energy. 

No, it just ain't the way IU fans feel.  Purdue and Notre Dame fans feel it as well.  They hate Kentucky, ask them.

Archived