Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

SIAP:

"Even though the Hoosiers are not having a terrific season, Romeo Langford is still positioning himself to be a lottery pick, so other top recruits may choose to follow in his footsteps. Jackson-Davis and Brooks have been thought to be a potential package deal for some time, and we will find out soon enough.

As far as how this decision will impact Kentucky for next season, I do not think missing out on Brooks will be devastating. UK already has commitments from Kahlil Whitney and Dontaie Allen who play similar positions. This is in addition to the continued recruitment of another five-star forward in the class of 2019, Jaden McDaniels."

Oh and the source is a Sea of Blue article. 

In the poll I chose IU for the following reasons:

1. Friendship with TJD/package deal
  2. Self stated importance/feeling of "Wearing Indiana across his chest"
  3. fUK's 2 and possibly 3rd recruit at a similar position
  4. Snow/Daniels are national for 24/7 so I don't buy the choice of them signals it is not IU thing
  5. KBJ seems like a smart kid and his reasons for transferring to LaLu made sense to me, can't see the same kid buying Cal's BS. If he's good enough to be OaD, then he can do so just as easily at IU vs. fUK. Romeo has had a "bad season" according to some people (crazies?) and is still a OaD if he wants to be AT IU.
  6. Like Romeo, public announcements go better when you choose the home-state school
  7. If IU's losing streak/internal issues gave him concern(s), then beating MSU twice and the resolution of internal issues should conversely ease those concerns (FWIW I don't buy the idea that either of those things factored into his recruitment)
  8. I'm optimistic that someone who allegedly notified the staff months ago (also don't buy it) isn't going to switch his decision on a whim. Recruiting is a long game, and I don't think the other schools have done as much as IU.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

So has there been a confirmation as to whether Keion is going to the last home game? I feel like if he is we may still have a chance. 

I think that’s more just to keep suspense. I bet he never shows up to that game. Also to the comment about Calipari leaving for UCLA. I don’t see that either.  The only way he’s moving would be if sanctions were coming like UMass and Memphis. 

13 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Peegs said that he thinks its 60/40 UK and his crystal ball pick is just "going with his gut".

This is such BS.  You don't change your pick based on 60/40 gut.  If he has to change it back in a week he looks stupid.  They all know stuff that they don't share with us despite us paying them hundreds per year.  Tired of being strung along which is why I'm hear looking for an alternative.

Just now, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

If he has to change it back in a week he looks stupid.

Wouldn't be the fist time...when our coaching searches we're ongoing, it was a regular 3 Stooges skit

2 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

They all know stuff that they don't share with us despite us paying them hundreds per year. 

After watching the "experts" on the Romeo recruitment, how can you even think that?

24 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I think that’s more just to keep suspense. I bet he never shows up to that game. Also to the comment about Calipari leaving for UCLA. I don’t see that either.  The only way he’s moving would be if sanctions were coming like UMass and Memphis. 

Fran Fraschilla ✔ @franfraschilla

Huge personality a MUST. No. 1 on your list can handle that job effortlessly. Is it time?

Dan Dakich ✔ @dandakich

My List of guys I’m calling if I’m UCLA
1- Calipari
2- Pitino
3- Steve Kerr
4- Izzo
5- Donovan

11:28 AM - Jan 2, 2019

38 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Huge personality a MUST. No. 1 on your list can handle that job effortlessly. Is it time?

Dan Dakich ✔ @dandakich

1- Calipari
2- Pitino
3- Steve Kerr
4- Izzo
5- Donovan

They can call all they want. He’s not leaving what he has unless trouble is coming from FBI or NCAA. He has  a goldmine at UK right now. Why would he start over . He’s the king of Hillbilly land!

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Dan Dakich ✔ @dandakich

1- Calipari
2- Pitino
3- Steve Kerr
4- Izzo
5- Donovan

Hahahahaha call Steve Kerr. Ya, call him. He's only the head coach of the greatest NBA teams of all time. 

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wouldn't be the fist time...when our coaching searches we're ongoing, it was a regular 3 Stooges skit

After watching the "experts" on the Romeo recruitment, how can you even think that?

Well either they know and don't tell or they don't know -- either way, it's worthless.

Just now, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Well either they know and don't tell or they don't know -- either way, it's worthless.

Welcome to HSN. There is no reason to go back over there. Cut the cord. Someone around here usually has the goods as soon or sooner than anyone else. Plus this is just a friendlier bunch of folks. There are some slap fights now and then but it usually stays under control. 

6 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

They can call all they want. He’s not leaving what he has unless trouble is coming from FBI or NCAA. He had a goldmine at UK right now. Why would he start over . He’s the king of Hillbilly land!

I don't know...with his ego? I think the only place left for him to conquer is out west for Cal's Showtime. The new 'wizard' that saved another bball blue blood? UCLA has to be attractive to his ego. I would think they have the pockets $$ to get it done from that angle.  Can we blow up this rumor? If the internet says it more than 17 times isn't it basically fact? 

And there is a growing undercurrent of UK fans that loathe the roster turnover. (I know, winning helps erase that)

Ha! 'slap fights' that's about right, nothing too intense. And usually over once Dad boxes your ears.

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

They can call all they want. He’s not leaving what he has unless trouble is coming from FBI or NCAA. He had a goldmine at UK right now. Why would he start over . He’s the king of Hillbilly land!

Three numbers. Calipari is 60. LA 62 degrees. Lexington 33 with an inch of snow predicted.

He could win as much at UCLA as KY. Not a bad place to land once the one and done rule is gone. He already recruits nationally, so wouldn't give up anything by changing location.

Who wants to be king of Hillbilly Land?

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Three numbers. Calipari is 60. LA 62 degrees. Lexington 33 with an inch of snow predicted.

He could win as much at UCLA as KY. Not a bad place to land once the one and done rule is gone. He already recruits nationally, so wouldn't give up anything by changing location.

Boyd Crowder

Uh UCLA is no where near UK's level when it comes to facilities, money, notoriety. Cal is not going anywhere until he retires. There is tons of money floating around UK to finalize any kids coming there. They have their own dorms, top notch facilities, winningst program in college basketball history. There is no upside to going to UCLA and UCLA won't pay that much for a new coach. Cal will be there until he gets caught up in a scandal (which nothing will stick to him) or he retires....every other school is a step down.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uh UCLA is no where near UK's level when it comes to facilities, money, notoriety. Cal is not going anywhere until he retires. There is tons of money floating around UK to finalize any kids coming there. They have their own dorms, top notch facilities, winningst program in college basketball history. There is no upside to going to UCLA and UCLA won't pay that much for a new coach. Cal will be there until he gets caught up in a scandal (which nothing will stick to him) or he retires....every other school is a step down.

Agree. Unless a harsh NCAA penalty is imminent, Cal's not going anywhere. He gets paid (I guess) $7M+/year, and I don't think UCLA can come anywhere close to that number. 

50 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

This is such BS.  You don't change your pick based on 60/40 gut.  If he has to change it back in a week he looks stupid.  They all know stuff that they don't share with us despite us paying them hundreds per year.  Tired of being strung along which is why I'm hear looking for an alternative.

It's certainly an interesting business. 

I don't know what Keion is going to do, but does it pay to give cold, hard information? Or does it pay to stir the pot? All the mainstream media what their strategy is. 

Maybe it's UK all the way. Rabs says it's 53/47 UK. Drew says UK with slight lead, but room for IU to ultimately win. 

Again, maybe it truly is that. Maybe it's 99/1 UK but then site traffic dwindles rapidly. Maybe it's 99/1 IU, traffic dwindles a bit, but they also ruined Keion's big day and I can't imagine they would want to do that. If I'm running a pay site, I'm probably going to be strategic in how I give my information. I don't want people logging off. And if it IS Kentucky, then "we were right all along". If it is IU, then everyone is happy and it's "Archie made a strong push, it all made sense for Keion in the end, but UK was really a possibility"

We will see, but I'm with you, it can be very frustrating. I've been a member with this crew (Milehi and others) since the Scout days and followed along to each stop along the way to this ultimate destination. I also pay for Peegs. This is a better site with much, much better conversation, civility and an equal amount of inside information (excluding Monday chats with CoachSS). Hope you enjoy it here, I think you will. 

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There is a caveat.  And that be the conference.  It appears that UK no longer rules the roost like they once did, too many experienced coaches in the SEC.  Now whether or not he goes is one thing...considering it is another.  

49 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Cal would get MORE of the top kids to UCLA than KY. Weather alone would do that. And Cal just might be ready for a change.

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

SIAP:

"Even though the Hoosiers are not having a terrific season, Romeo Langford is still positioning himself to be a lottery pick, so other top recruits may choose to follow in his footsteps. Jackson-Davis and Brooks have been thought to be a potential package deal for some time, and we will find out soon enough.

As far as how this decision will impact Kentucky for next season, I do not think missing out on Brooks will be devastating. UK already has commitments from Kahlil Whitney and Dontaie Allen who play similar positions. This is in addition to the continued recruitment of another five-star forward in the class of 2019, Jaden McDaniels."

Oh and the source is a Sea of Blue article. 

In the poll I chose IU for the following reasons:

1. Friendship with TJD/package deal
  2. Self stated importance/feeling of "Wearing Indiana across his chest"
  3. fUK's 2 and possibly 3rd recruit at a similar position
  4. Snow/Daniels are national for 24/7 so I don't buy the choice of them signals it is not IU thing
  5. KBJ seems like a smart kid and his reasons for transferring to LaLu made sense to me, can't see the same kid buying Cal's BS. If he's good enough to be OaD, then he can do so just as easily at IU vs. fUK. Romeo has had a "bad season" according to some people (crazies?) and is still a OaD if he wants to be AT IU.
  6. Like Romeo, public announcements go better when you choose the home-state school
  7. If IU's losing streak/internal issues gave him concern(s), then beating MSU twice and the resolution of internal issues should conversely ease those concerns (FWIW I don't buy the idea that either of those things factored into his recruitment)
  8. I'm optimistic that someone who allegedly notified the staff months ago (also don't buy it) isn't going to switch his decision on a whim. Recruiting is a long game, and I don't think the other schools have done as much as IU.

Great list reasons to go to IU. Hope #1 is enough for him to want to come. I feel the similar position angle of what Cal has already recruited for the 2019 class falls in line with his positionless recruiting philosophy, here's a quote from a year and half ago: “We started the positionless stuff based on the way we play…if you’re a wing, whether you’re a 2, 3 or a 4, you’re the same,” said Calipari during UK’s Pro Day. “Eventually, I’d like to have a bunch of 6-9 guys that can play point and shoot it.” 

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/10/20/16511944/fans-guide-positionless-basketball-kentucky-wildcats

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So I went to the peegs site because I’d never really gone to it and poked around. I found it interesting on their target list for recruits and I don’t know how often they update this Trendon was listed as a top target with Keion listed as a high choice. 

Archived