Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

"Remember the Titans"......got to love Ronnie Bass.

Congrats on the avatar upgrade.  Gone is the loudmouth, marginal IU player and coach ... replaced by a big time player, academic all-American, NCAA championship contributor and all around class dude.  Nice !

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Congrats on the avatar upgrade.  Gone is the loudmouth, marginal IU player and coach ... replaced by a big time player, academic all-American, NCAA championship contributor and all around class dude.  Nice !

Thank you...but DJ gets the credit.  Randy was a fav of mine.

1 minute ago, Long Duk Dong said:

I don't like it but I get it. Not many players are going to pick Indiana over the chance to play for UK.

You gotta win. Annually. We are far from that.

Hmmmmmm, so you say One Dong Low?  Romeo and TJD?  I await some more chop suey.

4 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

And then the season went off the cliff and now Archie will be on the hot seat next season. Not even as good as Crean.

This school can't make a great hire to save it's life.

It's because they're cheap and incompetent.  Mcrobbie and Fred should both be out.  Not once since RMK was fired have they ever gone out and thrown bank at a big name coach.  We certainly have the resources to do so.  That's what makes fans like me so angry.  If they threw $7-8M at Tony Bennett and he turned us down most of us could like with that.  But they haven't.

And I haven't given up on Archie.  He might still be the man.  But I think we could've hired a sure thing.

10 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

And then the season went off the cliff and now Archie will be on the hot seat next season. Not even as good as Crean.

This school can't make a great hire to save it's life.

Whatever One Suk Dong.

9 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

They can call all they want. He’s not leaving what he has unless trouble is coming from FBI or NCAA. He has  a goldmine at UK right now. Why would he start over . He’s the king of Hillbilly land!

That would fit his pattern.

What I am pretty sure I know: nobody knows, nothing has gotten out. If it had, you’d see the flood gates open on shifting of picks. As of now, a lot of then better, regional prognosticators are staying neutral. That’s not a bad sign.

What I think could be the case (likely intimated by someone above): he has basically been considered a lock to IU for months. This most recent UK push has provided built in drama (and a pretty huge fish giving chase) they has sorely lacked from his process. He’s a high quality player, he probably really longed for attention and options from top flight programs, perhaps even specific ones our fanbase doesn’t necessarily like.

This one ain’t over until someone leaks something or 3/15.

41 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

What I am pretty sure I know: nobody knows, nothing has gotten out. If it had, you’d see the flood gates open on shifting of picks. As of now, a lot of then better, regional prognosticators are staying neutral. That’s not a bad sign.

What I think could be the case (likely intimated by someone above): he has basically been considered a lock to IU for months. This most recent UK push has provided built in drama (and a pretty huge fish giving chase) they has sorely lacked from his process. He’s a high quality player, he probably really longed for attention and options from top flight programs, perhaps even specific ones our fanbase doesn’t necessarily like.

This one ain’t over until someone leaks something or 3/15.

Not that I don't believe you, but Cal visiting twice in a short period makes if tough for me to believe that he was a lock. Cal's too wise for that. 

Was he a lock and Cal got in his ear or his families ear? Maybe. I can't fault the kid for being turned. UK is such a lucrative offer. Hope he's a Hoosier though. 

Archived