Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Is it known if Hunter will be 100%...might be best to start him off the bench at the beginning 

He is practicing now. He has from now to the start of the season to get in shape. He will start if he has no set backs.

17 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

I don't see Franklin starting over a Junior Al Durham personally

Ya never know with freshman... its all just a guess..  but from what ive seen on film, i think Franklin is longer more athletic, better handles and will be a lock down defender.. if his deep ball keeps evolving , i think hes next years rob phinisee 

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I've seen him play and yes

Against college type competition? Did he play defense against D1 type players?

I mean, I have all the hope in the world for the kid, particularly in light of what he's been through...but to hand him a starting spot over 2 known D1 players (Justin and De'Ron) I don't know if I agree with

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Against college type competition? Did he play defense against D1 type players?

I mean, I have all the hope in the world for the kid, particularly in light of what he's been through...but to hand him a starting spot over 2 known D1 players (Justin and De'Ron) I don't know if I agree with

Archie wants him to play the 2

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Archie wants him to play the 2

I certainly understand that Jerome doesn't play the same positions as Justin or De'ron...My point is, both of those players (along with Rob) have earned their spurs so to speak, against D1 competition and would probably be favorites to start next year...

Still too much unknown about Hunter to automatically put him in a starting role, at least to me anyway

Just now, IUFLA said:

I certainly understand that Jerome doesn't play the same positions as Justin or De'ron...My point is, both of those players (along with Rob) have earned their spurs so to speak, against D1 competition and would probably be favorites to start next year...

Still too much unknown about Hunter to automatically put him in a starting role, at least to me anyway

Rob and Romeo started, had never played against D1 players. I've talked to enough people around the team and they all say Hunter is the best player on the team, including DeRon saying it.

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Rob and Romeo started, had never played against D1 players. I've talked to enough people around the team and they all say Hunter is the best player on the team, including DeRon saying it.

This seems to be the general consensus of people I value on here as well as others I speak with. We won't see it until next year (hopefully) but if Jerome is as advertised I think he'll slide right into Romeo's role with ease. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

This seems to be the general consensus of people I value on here as well as others I speak with. We won't see it until next year (hopefully) but if Jerome is as advertised I think he'll slide right into Romeo's role with ease. 

I agree with this. What I want to see is how the rest of the roster rounds out with remaining recruits and potential transfers to see exactly what potential roles could look like.

I think people put too much thought about starters etc... I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerome be the first off the bench and log just as many minutes. Truth be told, we have no idea how he’s going to bounce back after this season. If Brooks comes, I would bet that he logs major minutes because of his motor alone. If not, Jerome and Smith will likely see similar minutes. I don’t give a rats arse who starts. The allotted amount of minutes played will be the ultimate benefactor on production anyway. Davis may start, but only get around 20 minutes. Al has an aggressive game and will log big minutes, whether he starts or not. Rob will see the most minutes played, imo. It all just depends on many variables that we haven’t quite lined out just yet. I’d like to revisit this in a thread of it's own come May, once we have a solid grasp on what our roster will look like

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

But I'm sure Rob and Romeo had to "fight it out" in practice to earn starting berths...

I’ve thought this for awhile that Keion start at the two. Rob, Keion, Hunter, Smith Trayce with Deron coming off the bench with major minutes like we saw last night. I hadn’t heard that Hunter had quickness to chase guards off screens all game like Al does...so never saw him as a two...heck even Romeo plays the 3. Hard to see that. Figured Keion was a little more fleet of foot to do that. Will be interesting to see who goes and stays with this team after the year.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Will be better than Romeo was this year I think.  He will be a year older and believe it or not sitting and watching with the intent to learn helps out a ton.  That’s not a knock on Romeo either.  Jerome will have some growing pains early but will be big time by the time BIG play starts.  

40 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Will be better than Romeo was this year I think.  He will be a year older and believe it or not sitting and watching with the intent to learn helps out a ton.  That’s not a knock on Romeo either.  Jerome will have some growing pains early but will be big time by the time BIG play starts.  

Thanks for update. I remember what you said last August or September. Really, really cheering for this kid. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Any word if KB plans to attend the Rutgers game????

Let’s all just wait and be surprised if he does. It is possible and his decision still hasn’t been made between IU and UK according to peegs today but there isn’t anything other than rumor yet.

Archived