Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......going over to the UK bb message board and Keion is not really talked about much, let alone even close to the top of their topics page. It just goes to show you the difference that UK fans feel about a potential recruit compared to how much IU fans really want a player like Brooks. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

.......going over to the UK bb message board and Keion is not really talked about much, let alone even close to the top of their topics page. It just goes to show you the difference that UK fans feel about a potential recruit compared to how much IU fans really want a player like Brooks. 

Could be pUKe fans are so used to landing 5* recruits, it's like.... Meh.. If we get him O.K. if not, next guy up......

50 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It truly is.....So, if not most of them all look down on us and act all "holier that thou!"

I mean, based on level of success the two programs have endured the past couple decades, they sort of are justified in doing so.

I hate that as much as anyone else, but we can’t hold their jockstrap since the nineties.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

It truly is.....So, if not most of them all look down on us and act all "holier that thou!"

That’s why I laugh whenever I see someone from here going over to their board and attempting to “talk hoops” with them... I mean, it’s like the kid that complains about being bullied by the neighborhood kids, but continues to go hangout in the same spots next to the same simpleton bullies. That’s just stupidity if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

I mean, based on level of success the two programs have endured the past couple decades, they sort of are justified in doing so.

I hate that as much as anyone else, but we can’t hold their jockstrap since the nineties.

Debatable.

I think you have to take their success with a kosher-sized grain of salt. There’s a giant cloud over the Kentucky program, and that’s really hard to deny. Look at the history of problems...they’ve been called out over the years. The Chicago Sun times reported three different sources that said Anthony Davis asked for at least 100k. It also reported his commitment cost 200k to go to UK. Davis cried foul and threatened a major lawsuit. Despite this, they stuck by their story, and Davis never sued...maybe because they would have to go through financial records in discovery? Here’s another one....two UK players were reported in the FBI investigation just in the last 12 months. I think with multiple recruits being named, a full investigation should be done into Calipari’s tenure there. There’s already proof of repeat offenders and a coach with a track record of problems.

Yes they have a better W-L record, but that program is FILTHY.....FILTHY. If a full investigation is done, and the behavior is rampant...both UK, and Louisville should get the Death Sentence that SMu got.

30 minutes ago, SeeYa@roys said:

Debatable.

I think you have to take their success with a kosher-sized grain of salt. There’s a giant cloud over the Kentucky program, and that’s really hard to deny. Look at the history of problems...they’ve been called out over the years. The Chicago Sun times reported three different sources that said Anthony Davis asked for at least 100k. It also reported his commitment cost 200k to go to UK. Davis cried foul and threatened a major lawsuit. Despite this, they stuck by their story, and Davis never sued...maybe because they would have to go through financial records in discovery? Here’s another one....two UK players were reported in the FBI investigation just in the last 12 months. I think with multiple recruits being named, a full investigation should be done into Calipari’s tenure there. There’s already proof of repeat offenders and a coach with a track record of problems.

Yes they have a better W-L record, but that program is FILTHY.....FILTHY. If a full investigation is done, and the behavior is rampant...both UK, and Louisville should get the Death Sentence that SMu got.

That would be my caveat as well...I don't believe the playing field has been level at all.  Can't argue with their success, but we can certainly debate how much cheating has aided their success.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That would be my caveat as well...I don't believe the playing field has been level at all.  Can't argue with their success, but we can certainly debate how much cheating has aided their success.

Yup... at least we’re getting Keion this week, lol.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Throw in Duke in there......  Anyhow, go IU - alm sign are pointing up for program direction.

1 hour ago, SeeYa@roys said:

Debatable.

I mean, I believe where there is smoke there is fire, and I won’t be at all surprised when they go down in flames. But, as of this point, nothing has been definitively proven. As of this point it is still an “if.” And, I’d accept the whole notion of innocent until proven guilty, their wins still count. And, in recent years they have way more than we do.

1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

I mean, I believe where there is smoke there is fire, and I won’t be at all surprised when they go down in flames. But, as of this point, nothing has been definitively proven. As of this point it is still an “if.” And, I’d accept the whole notion of innocent until proven guilty, their wins still count. And, in recent years they have way more than we do.

Yes, very true. 

I believe in innocent until proven guilty as well. There’s just been A TON of smoke over the years... and I hope the hammer finally comes down on Kentucky when the times comes.

Archived