Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

With ALL the insiders gone MIA, I truly believe KBJ was a Hoosier at one point only to be persuaded later on.  Makes sense, don’t want the backlash from members of this board for sharing valuable info at that time that doesn’t come true.  That’s recruiting in the MOST corrupt sport today, NCAAM basketball.  No need to run insiders, HSN appreciates what you all bring to the table.  

#itsmillertimeinbtownw/orw/o

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where there is smoke there is fire. So much UK chatter it seems right now. Could be a smoke screen, but don't know why.

I think he had decided on IU and something changed his mind in the past couple months. Could be style of play and player usage during the skid caused him to second guess his fit in the system. Could be his dad or someone else really pushing UK, or could UK being dirty. But, I don't have much confidence in the decision being IU. I hope I'm wrong though. 

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

I don’t know where he is going, but my gut says IU. The reason is something he said that has stuck with me. Keion said he is going where he is needed. He is definitely needed at IU, not so much at UK. 

Could this be Darius Garland in reverse?  Was the UK talk all a smoke screen to build suspense?  It's interesting to me that CoachSS, 0708, and Billingsley have been invisible recently.  Were they told to keep quiet?  I think if they had bad news they would share it as there would be no reason to keep quiet.  Of course it's very possible that no one knows anything yet.

7 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

With ALL the insiders gone MIA, I truly believe KBJ was a Hoosier at one point only to be persuaded later on.  Makes sense, don’t want the backlash from members of this board for sharing valuable info at that time that doesn’t come true.  That’s recruiting in the MOST corrupt sport today, NCAAM basketball.  No need to run insiders, HSN appreciates what you all bring to the table.  

#itsmillertimeinbtownw/orw/o

I view it as the opposite. I think it is IU and I also believe they would be more than willing to come on here and take any backlash. 

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I second this statement, why troll the Home Team and then pick the arch rival?  Either A he was a Hoosier until Dad changed his mind or B hates IU and seized the chance to twist the dagger by giving false hope only to leave this fanbase in disgust.  I’m hoping C loves this IU team and just playing with our most hated fanbase to date.  Strategy = Most loved or Most hated of all time!  Let’s see if he is a hero or villain.  My gut says VILLAIN.

Come on now.  He's 18 and just a kid making his college decision.

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Come on now.  He's 18 and just a kid making his college decision.

If he chooses UK I'm sure there will be some harsh backlash - not saying I agree with it cause I don't. However, this is Indiana basketball with some of the most passionate fans - there will be plenty of upset fans if he chooses UK. To many Hoosiers - it's more than just a college decision...it's loyalty, it's being a Hoosier...and Keion knows this because he grew up a Hoosier...and I hope he REMAINS a Hoosier (after all...the WildCat fanbase doesn't even know how to spell his first name correctly...that's how little they care)

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If he chooses UK I'm sure there will be some harsh backlash - not saying I agree with it cause I don't. However, this is Indiana basketball with some of the most passionate fans - there will be plenty of upset fans if he chooses UK. To many Hoosiers - it's more than just a college decision...it's loyalty, it's being a Hoosier...and Keion knows this because he grew up a Hoosier...and I hope he REMAINS a Hoosier

I know there will be upset fans.  I will be upset if he chooses UK.  But there is no reason to direct that towards a kid and I hope people would refrain from doing so.  I can tell from my limited contact with the family that these are good people just trying to make the best decisions.  I think we can all relate to that.  Keion doesn't owe us anything.

Here me out! Just a thought. Brian snow seems like he's getting his information from family. Peegs, Snow & Rabjohns are saying that he's leaning to UK. All three seem to be extremely close to the family. I think they already know that he's already IU bound. Could they be doing this in attempt to keep the suspense for the Brooks family by saying that Kentucky leads .All three have said that he's leaning to UK but that Archie is still in contact with Brooks daily. Maybe it's a reach but none of them will say that it's completely over. 

16 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I know there will be upset fans.  I will be upset if he chooses UK.  But there is no reason to direct that towards a kid and I hope people would refrain from doing so.  I can tell from my limited contact with the family that these are good people just trying to make the best decisions.  I think we can all relate to that.  Keion doesn't owe us anything.

I think we all hope people would refrain from directing their anger towards Keion.

One thing is for sure - Wildcat fans directed their anger directly towards Keion a few months ago when he was visiting Lexington. Some made it very clear that they didn't want him in Lexington and that he was going to take up a scholarship. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Here me out! Just a thought. Brian snow seems like he's getting his information from family. Peegs, Snow & Rabjohns are saying that he's leaning to UK. All three seem to be extremely close to the family. I think they already know that he's already IU bound. Could they be doing this in attempt to keep the suspense for the Brooks family by saying that Kentucky leads .All three have said that he's leaning to UK but that Archie is still in contact with Brooks daily. Maybe it's a reach but none of them will say that it's completely over. 

Indeed...and I don't think it is a reach

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I understand that logic, but then don't they kind of look stupid for all being wrong when he picks IU?

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I second this statement, why troll the Home Team and then pick the arch rival?  Either A he was a Hoosier until Dad changed his mind or B hates IU and seized the chance to twist the dagger by giving false hope only to leave this fanbase in disgust.  I’m hoping C loves this IU team and just playing with our most hated fanbase to date.  Strategy = Most loved or Most hated of all time!  Let’s see if he is a hero or villain.  My gut says VILLAIN.

"What a maroon."

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

The money generated by clickbait outweighs the appearance of idiocy

Possible.  If there is something covert going on here I think the much more plausible explanation is that the Brooks family is leaking bad info to them to get the winds blowing one way so they can have a true surprise on Friday.  The 247 guys truly don't know, which is quite funny if you think about it.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Possible.  If there is something covert going on here I think the much more plausible explanation is that the Brooks family is leaking bad info to them to get the winds blowing one way so they can have a true surprise on Friday.  The 247 guys truly don't know, which is quite funny if you think about it.

I think you're dead on on both points.

47 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree that Keion doesn't owe us anything, but when some of his interviews have been pro-IU, Indiana on your chest, stay home and play with your best friend, etc.  I know the young man wants to be coveted (who wouldn't), but then to not pick IU after fans gave him all the love.  It would be disappointing.  I just feel like he chooses the candy stripes.  Hopefully people will move on quickly if he chooses elsewhere, I know I will.

31 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

I'll say what I said a month ago. When Snow tweeted out about Brooks family having concerns about IU fans and reaction to players....it felt calculated by a guy (Snow)who has never once proactively said something nice about IU. If he's close to them (which I doubt the term close) he possibly could have used this is as a sort of reason why Brooks was changing things up. I still say UK. 

Insider on other site just posted “It doesn’t sound good for us. I will still hold out hope but I think it might be UK. Hopefully something happens and he changes his mind.”

I guess that doesn’t make it sound completely set in stone, but not completely reassuring to come out and say something like that. Hopefully it’s all a part of the smoke screen :) 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say what I said a month ago. When Snow tweeted out about Brooks family having concerns about IU fans and reaction to players....it felt calculated by a guy (Snow)who has never once proactively said something nice about IU. If he's close to them (which I doubt the term close) he possibly could have used this is as a sort of reason why Brooks was changing things up. I still say UK. 

I'm not sure why that canard about mean fans got floated around, but it is a canard.

5 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'm not sure why that canard about mean fans got floated around, but it is a canard.

If you go to rivals website you will understand.  That place is terrible! A lot of ignorant people and most of them aren't even IU fans I'm sure.

Archived