Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

40 minutes ago, Hoosier98 said:

I agree that Keion doesn't owe us anything, but when some of his interviews have been pro-IU, Indiana on your chest, stay home and play with your best friend, etc.  I know the young man wants to be coveted (who wouldn't), but then to not pick IU after fans gave him all the love.  It would be disappointing.  I just feel like he chooses the candy stripes.  Hopefully people will move on quickly if he chooses elsewhere, I know I will.

He is probably pro IU when being interviewed by IU reporters and probably does that for any other team.  I have seen plenty of his interviews and yes he was positive towards IU but he was positive about every school.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Hoosier98 said:

If you go to rivals website you will understand.  That place is terrible! A lot of ignorant people and most of them aren't even IU fans I'm sure.

A lot of the problem comes form fans on twitter and not message boards but you are right Rivals is terrible.

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Weather it means anything or not, I do like that TJD retweeted Keion's #3. Maybe Trayce knows.......

Or he’s helping his friend get the attention he feels he deserves. I’m in the resigned to UK camp. 

If Keion is committed to being a OAD I think it’s best for all parties anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Or he’s helping his friend get the attention he feels he deserves. I’m in the resigned to UK camp. 

If Keion is committed to being a OAD I think it’s best for all parties anyway. 

When does the new NBA age limit of 18 go into effect?  If it is after this current season, couldn’t he just go straight to the NBA or G-league and bypass both schools altogether?  Once the age limit is lowered to 18, Cal’s college Coaching days, and I use that term very loosely, are over.  

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

When does the new NBA age limit of 18 go into effect?  If it is after this current season, couldn’t he just go straight to the NBA or G-league and bypass both schools altogether?  Once the age limit is lowered to 18, Cal’s college Coaching days, and I use that term very loosely, are over.  

I don't think it will be until 2021

4 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

It hasn't been approved yet, just NBA commish commenting about it several times over the years making it likely to happen. 

He or anyone can go directly to the G-League instead of school right now and be eligible for NBA draft the following year. Syracuse had a decommit that went that route this year.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Snow says pick is still UK but that TJD really confident it's IU....something seems odd. I really hope this turns into a huge fakeout for UK

hopefully TJD is right on this one and knows more than what Snow does.  I think he is faking everyone else and will commit to Purdue-Fort Wayne

11 minutes ago, cybergates said:

It hasn't been approved yet, just NBA commish commenting about it several times over the years making it likely to happen. 

He or anyone can go directly to the G-League instead of school right now and be eligible for NBA draft the following year. Syracuse had a decommit that went that route this year.

Ok.  That makes sense and must have been what I was thinking of.  Thanks....

37 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

If you don’t think some of these kids can make more money by attending college than going to the G-League and never appearing on tv you’re wrong. These kids can make close to if not more than the 250k the G-league deal is worth. Not to mention their personal brand is built up by ESPN as they slobber over the likes of Duke and UK. Shoe deals that ensue would be even more lucrative than any shoe deal signed direct into g-league. 

I love all of the mystery...there's no fun in a decision announcement where everybody already knows the answer.

For me, I'm very bullish on IU.  Despite the tough middle section of the season, I think Romeo has enjoyed his time at IU and I believe that is being passed on to future recruits.  No one wants to be thought of as a consolation prize and that's exactly what those hilljacks south of the Ohio river think of "Keeyon".  Cal is a smooth talker, but I'll bet Keion believes what Archie tells him and that is important as well.  Don't know if Keion plays 1, 2, 3 or (like #7 in his class Alex Poythress) 4 years in college, but at UK, the pressure will be on one year and out to make room for the next shiny toy.  He won't feel that pressure at IU.  If he excels and leaves after one year, good for him and good for IU.  If he stays around to polish his game, even better.

I think he ends up wearing INDIANA across his chest and not just for the annual all star series.  If I'm right, it will be a happy announcement day for Hoosier Nation.  If I'm wrong, there will be momentary disappointment and then most of us will move on.  The IU program has a lot of talent and is on the upswing.  At this point, one player doesn't make or break that momentum.

...and if anyone knows how to send Keion a few Casual Gamer Reed videos, I think that would seal the deal...:nansplit:

3 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

If you don’t think some of these kids can make more money by attending college than going to the G-League and never appearing on tv you’re wrong. These kids can make close to if not more than the 250k the G-league deal is worth. Not to mention their personal brand is built up by ESPN as they slobber over the likes of Duke and UK. Shoe deals that ensue would be even more lucrative than any shoe deal signed direct into g-league. 

Yep, it's kind of like a deferred signing bonus.  Put off the lower but immediate salary in exchange for PR/hype, which boosts future earnings. 

5 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

I 100% agree.  Kansas, Arizona, LSU, Louisville most likely UNC, Duke, UK, etc.  all pay better than the G-League.  ESPN is like the campus newspaper for Duke and UK.  It is disgusting.  D1 men’s basketball is the most corrupt business out there... 

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

I 100% agree.  Kansas, Arizona, LSU, Louisville most likely UNC, Duke, UK, etc.  all pay better than the G-League.  ESPN is like the campus newspaper for Duke and UK.  It is disgusting.  D1 men’s basketball is the most corrupt business out there... 

I would say college football is worse

Archived