Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

If he chooses UK I'm sure there will be some harsh backlash - not saying I agree with it cause I don't. However, this is Indiana basketball with some of the most passionate fans - there will be plenty of upset fans if he chooses UK. To many Hoosiers - it's more than just a college decision...it's loyalty, it's being a Hoosier...and Keion knows this because he grew up a Hoosier...and I hope he REMAINS a Hoosier (after all...the WildCat fanbase doesn't even know how to spell his first name correctly...that's how little they care)

They misspell UK all the time on their board... so there's that.

I think part of the slime that Cal sells players is that if you go to UK you will be noticed more because almost every game is on ESPN or a major network. Also if He tells Brooks,  he’s one and done, he has previous player names and pictures on the wall to show him. If he tells him he’s two and done, he also has players on the wall. It’s a good sell when the coach can back up making players rich. Some of the money probably comes from Kentucky and the rest from the NBA market.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Here me out! Just a thought. Brian snow seems like he's getting his information from family. Peegs, Snow & Rabjohns are saying that he's leaning to UK. All three seem to be extremely close to the family. I think they already know that he's already IU bound. Could they be doing this in attempt to keep the suspense for the Brooks family by saying that Kentucky leads .All three have said that he's leaning to UK but that Archie is still in contact with Brooks daily. Maybe it's a reach but none of them will say that it's completely over. 

Why would they take a hit on their reputations by predicting the team that they know isn't going to get him?  Foolish. 

I think with the letters Indiana being across his chest and being able to play with his very close friends and feeling the most comfortable at IU will be why he chooses IU.  Kids go to schools other than UK and are OAD.  For examples Collin Sexton at Alabama last season, Darius Garland at Vanderbilt, Romeo Langford at IU(about 95% he will leave after this season) are a few guys that chose to not go to the power house colleges like UNC, UK or Kansas to be a OAD. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Why would they take a hit on their reputations by predicting the team that they know isn't going to get him?  Foolish. 

Yeah no way they would do that. Agree with HS. Those guys all think that’s the way Brooks is leaning but all have said it’s really close. Super close. The Brooks family has done a tremendous job keeping this decision under wraps. No one truly knows as of right now. I really think that. Who knows who he picks at this point. Those guys included, they are leaning on intel to make a call but right now nothing is for sure.

3 minutes ago, BDB said:

What is the documentary called?

Actually it was on YouTube but can't remember the name of it.  It was about how corrupt college recruiting was in Mississippi and how both UM and MSU battle for local recruits and how both had money men to deliver the money to the middle man.  It is thought that MSU was the one that turned it the film of the Ole Miss player smoking weed right before the draft started a few years ago.

No clue where he's going to pick, but I feel like when you have a difficult decision between two things, relationships usually win out. UK is clearly really compelling with the experience/exposure they provide, even taking payment jokes out of it UK operates like an NBA team. That's good experience for a one and done player. 

But at a high level there isn't much difference between UK and IU. At both places you can be a one and done. At both places you can be on national TV regularly. At both places you have rabid fan bases that can help build your brand. At both places you can be a lottery pick and develop into a successful NBA player. UK probably has some extra bells and whistles, but all the goals are still achievable at both places.

So what separates one school from the other? In my experience relationships usually win out. I'm sure Brooks has developed a solid relationship with Cal, but only one coach called him the day he got the job and told him he was a priority. One staff has his father's college coach on the bench. One school has one of his best friends signed in the same class as well as another friend in the class. One school has a state icon from the class ahead of him who he looks up to (yes, I realize Langford will probably be gone, but the relationship is still there), one school has a young, up and coming point guard from the same state who I'm sure he has some type of relationship with. 

Who know's, maybe he picks UK, but I just think in most cases when things are close, relationships win out. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

No clue where he's going to pick, but I feel like when you have a difficult decision between two things, relationships usually win out. UK is clearly really compelling with the experience/exposure they provide, even taking payment jokes out of it UK operates like an NBA team. That's good experience for a one and done player. 

But at a high level there isn't much difference between UK and IU. At both places you can be a one and done. At both places you can be on national TV regularly. At both places you have rabid fan bases that can help build your brand. At both places you can be a lottery pick and develop into a successful NBA player. UK probably has some extra bells and whistles, but all the goals are still achievable at both places.

So what separates one school from the other? In my experience relationships usually win out. I'm sure Brooks has developed a solid relationship with Cal, but only one coach called him the day he got the job and told him he was a priority. One staff has his father's college coach on the bench. One school has one of his best friends signed in the same class as well as another friend in the class. One school has a state icon from the class ahead of him who he looks up to (yes, I realize Langford will probably be gone, but the relationship is still there), one school has a young, up and coming point guard from the same state who I'm sure he has some type of relationship with. 

Who know's, maybe he picks UK, but I just think in most cases when things are close, relationships win out. 

Most logical and compelling reasons why it'd be IU. I mean we still don't know, and people can make ill-advised decisions (from an IU fan's perspective), but nonetheless, great and well-balanced post!

14 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

i mean this could very well be going down to the last hour. Archie leaving Chicago is ballsy. Considering UK has a double bye, I doubt Cal had to leave the SEC tournament to see Keion

Chicago to LaLu is almost local.  Maybe an hour away.  It kinda works out.  

Archived