Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It would be a pretty ballsy, sort of disrespectful move to ask a coach to leave his team right as conference tournaments are starting, literally the night before a 12:30 game for IU, and have them travel to you, to tell one of them you're not going to their school. 

Yeah, I can see that. I think it's a little ballsy either way, but I think you're probably correct.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Correct. Also, as someone mentioned, 247's insider has made a pick for U.K. yet so seems like no one is actually getting solid intel.

Yeah it doesn’t seem like anyone has gotten solid intel this whole recruitment....

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Correct. Also, as someone mentioned, 247's insider has made a pick for U.K. yet so seems like no one is actually getting solid intel.

Seems as if he’s read this book before and knows how it ends... maybe I’m off here, but it would take an awful lot more for me to flip my pick as well. I think he’s Indiana bound and people made too much out of him taking a trip to Lexington to watch the #1 vs #5 teams in the country play. He got to take his family to another game for free and up the suspense. He’s staying home. If he’s good enough to be a one and done there, he can do that anywhere. He’ll get just as much national exposure at IU, and more playing time. 

58 minutes ago, SeeYa@roys said:

What are people thinking?

is this more of a “last shot to convince him” type visit for Miller and Calipari, or is this more of a “Keion tells them where he’s going, in person, and thanks them for their efforts” type of visit?

I think both coaches don't know where he's going. I can't imagine Keion (or his parents) called those coaches to come in to LaLu gym or somewhere else just to tell one of them, "thanks coach for recruiting me, but I'm going to the other school, so don't call me text me anymore." This has to be those coaches' last ditch efforts. 

4 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I think both coaches don't know where he's going. I can't imagine Keion (or his parents) called those coaches to come in to LaLu gym or somewhere else just to tell one of them, "thanks coach for recruiting me, but I'm going to the other school, so don't call me text me anymore." This has to be those coaches' last ditch efforts. 

We've been recruiting him for 2 years and 48 hours before his announcement he's still undecided?  I find that very hard to believe.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We've been recruiting him for 2 years and 48 hours before his announcement he's still undecided?  I find that very hard to believe.

I don't think that is far fetched at all. It is a once in a life time decision with a lot of people barking in his ear. It has ebbs and flows.

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I don't know. If he knew, surely he wouldnt let one of the two coaches waste their time and energy in the past 24 hours.

I get the sense he is really torn.

Didn't Archie or Ostrum make a trip to Nashville just before Garlands announcement?  He was obviously Vandy bound the entire time.

Archived