Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don’t see why Brooks would even consider UK. Think about it...

Reasons for IU:

-become the hometown hero/legend at IU. UK fans have repeatedly spelled his name wrong. Would he even be appreciated?

-immediate playing time

-play with your best friend

-Brooks will be a focal point. The offense will be designed for him. This will help showcase him for NBA scouts.

-Big Ten is the toughest conference in the nation by a mile. Better competition.

-Kentucky already has a higher rated SF in his class, would Brooks even start?

-Multiple current and former UK players have been named in the FBI Investigation. That’s a GIANT red flag. One player you might be able to explain away... multiple players suggests the problem is systemic. What does that mean for Kentucky next year when the NCAA investigates? Could Calipari get fired if they found similar evidence to what they found with Will Wade? Does Keion really want to be in that program when the sh’t hits the fan?

-father knows Schilling. Schilling has helped develop a lot of high profile/NBA players. Miller has improved Langford defensively.

-Calipari has 6 five star recruits currently on the roster. According to multiple websites, the consensus is only one is considered a top 15 pick next year. The rest are ranked lowered than Langford. I thought Calipari was the one-and-done “develop NBA players” guy? Is he actually developing players or just trying to collect as many five stars as he can?

...and my personal favorite:

-Calipari’s development of five star players nationally ranked 15th or lower is a DISASTER. This is important because Keion is ranked 23rd nationally according to Crystal Ball. Since 2010, Calipari has had 11 five star commitments with a national ranking of 15th or lower. Only one (Goodwin) has started and been a one-and-done. Two more have started both years they were there (Lamb, Washington). However FOUR have transferred and FOUR more have spent a significant part of their UK career coming off the bench.  At UK, if you’re a five star recruit ranked between 15-30 (Keion is 23)... you’re FOUR TIMES more likely to transfer than be a one-and-done and FOUR TIMES more likely to come off the bench than be a one and done.

Why would he ever think UK would be a better choice than IU?

6 hours ago, SeeYa@roys said:

Reasons for IU:

-become the hometown hero/legend at IU. UK fans have repeatedly spelled his name wrong. Would he even be appreciated?

-immediate playing time

-Brooks will be a focal point. The offense will be designed for him. This will help showcase him for NBA scouts.

-Big Ten is the toughest conference in the nation by a mile. Better competition.

-Multiple current and former UK players have been named in the FBI Investigation. That’s a GIANT red flag. One player you might be able to explain away... multiple players suggests the problem is systemic. What does that mean for Kentucky next year when the NCAA investigates? Could Calipari get fired if they found similar evidence to what they found with Will Wade? Does Keion really want to be in that program when the sh’t hits the fan?

-father knows Schilling. Schilling has helped develop a lot of high profile/NBA players. Miller has improved Langford defensively.

-Calipari has 6 five star recruits currently on the roster. According to multiple websites, the consensus is only one is considered a top 15 pick next year. The rest are ranked lowered than Langford. I thought Calipari was the one-and-done “develop NBA players” guy? Is he actually developing players or just trying to collect as many five stars as he can?

-Calipari’s development of five star players nationally ranked 15th or lower is a DISASTER. This is important because Keion is ranked 23rd nationally according to Crystal Ball. Since 2010, Calipari has had 11 five star commitments with a national ranking of 15th or lower. Only one (Goodwin) has started and been a one-and-done. Two more have started both years they were there (Lamb, Washington). However FOUR have transferred and FOUR more have spent a significant part of their UK career coming off the bench.  At UK, if you’re a five star recruit ranked between 15-30 (Keion is 23)... you’re FOUR TIMES more likely to transfer than be a one-and-done and FOUR TIMES more likely to come off the bench than be a one and done.

KBJ read this post!

7 hours ago, SeeYa@roys said:

Reasons for IU:

-immediate playing time

Re-posting for Keion to see again....LOL.

8 minutes ago, thebluestreak said:

Tyler Herro was ranked 37th in the 2018 class, Romeo Langford was ranked 7th.  The most recent SI mock draft has Romeo Langford at 20 and Tyler Herro at 19.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nba/2019/03/13/nba-draft-big-board-2019-zion-williamson-ja-morant-rj-barrett-march-madness

weak first post, this doesn't have a UK fan written all over it or anything............................

14 minutes ago, thebluestreak said:

I am a UK fan.  Just wanted to see what Hoosier fans were saying about Keion.  Nice board, nice format and good info. 

Does UK still have a Senior Day or has Calipari made that obsolete?

McHoop

9 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Thanks! What's UK saying about Keion?

It was all IU until Keion visited for the Tennessee game then everything flipped to UK.  A lot of talk about him and his family worried about coach Miller’s future and IU fan unrest after the losing skid.  

I personally think it’s 50-50.  Did he make an emotional decision after his visit or did he see what he needed to?  I guess no one knows but him and his family.  I think IU playing better as of late may have brought it back even. 

Most UK fans are confident, because so many experts have started picking UK recently.  Evan Daniels, who I trust more than any of the experts hasn’t logged a pick yet and says it’s a dead heat.  Evan said if he had to pick it would be UK.  I an cautiously optimistic.  It’s hard to pull a kid from the home state flagship school. 

Either way good luck.  I know coach Miller and Cal are friends should be a good clean recruiting contest. 

31 minutes ago, thebluestreak said:

Tyler Herro was ranked 37th in the 2018 class, Romeo Langford was ranked 7th.  The most recent SI mock draft has Romeo Langford at 20 and Tyler Herro at 19.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nba/2019/03/13/nba-draft-big-board-2019-zion-williamson-ja-morant-rj-barrett-march-madness

That is the first mock draft I've seen that does not have Romeo in the lottery and I follow it all season long. Based on all the top draft boards I just checked it appears your search was a little bias. Welcome to the board though. 

NBAdraft.net 

Romeo - lottery at 12

Hero - not on the board

Bleacher Report

Romeo - lottery at 11

Herro - 21

ESPN / Draft Express

Romeo - lottery at 5

Herro - 32

NBC

Romeo - lottery at 13

Herro - not on the board