Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

2 Rivals guys switched there picks from IU to UK yesterday/today... Corey Evens and David Sisk. Sisk said the following...

Yesterday 

Too close to call to change it.

Today

UK barely, in my opinion, but it’s very close. I’m not taking wagers on it

The today part was said yesterday but yea ... seems like a bit of a punch in the gut right now.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

2 Rivals guys switched there picks from IU to UK yesterday/today... Corey Evens and David Sisk. Sisk said the following...

Yesterday 

Today

He said on rivals he’s hearing it’s anywhere from 60/40 to 55/45 in favor of UK but it will come down to the very end and is far from over. Although I don’t know how he’s hearing things when this recruitment has been so tight lipped it seems. 

5 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Yesterday 

Today

So then after Archie visited last night it closed the gap possibly if there even was a gap?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'd be interested in your take on Calipari. I have 3 friends who are UK fans, and to the man, they think he's a terrible X's and Os coach.

Have a friend that is a big UK fan and he thinks Calipari is a horrible coach, wants him fired and has wanted this for a long time.

1 minute ago, CrimsonV said:

This being the gut punch 

What is Bryan's latest info? Not calling him out, I just mean what is he basing that opinion off? I might have missed something, which is entirely possible, but it seems like we have a lot of guesses with very little actual intel behind them, no?

I don't think anybody knows anything other than Keion and his family even at this point. They've done such a great job keeping things close to the chest. Also, my guess is both coaches don't know yet either. If those who are directly involved in Keion's recruitment don't know where he's going, how can those pundits know anything? They're guessing at best. 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What is Bryan's latest info? Not calling him out, I just mean what is he basing that opinion off? I might have missed something, which is entirely possible, but it seems like we have a lot of guesses with very little actual intel behind them, no?

My intel is based off of what I hear on the premium sites from people.  I don't have any connection to Keion or his family.  But I tend to take a don't jump off the ledge approach and try to keep a pretty balanced opinion on things.  Don't like to jump suddenly after one comment.  But for the last week to two weeks things have been floating to the Kentucky side of things.  It's been extremely close and it could still change.  I think he is still a little torn about the decision.  But when people that usually wait to make an opinion until they have some good intel backing it up are saying they think he is a Kentucky lean and making picks based on intel and not changing them.  That is usually a sign.  This thing has been close the entire time and the Brooks family has kept it close to the vest, but I think Kentucky has had a slight lead for the last two weeks.   I think alot of the people claiming Keion already knew or was some big IU lean and IU was going to get him were getting way ahead of themselves. Again just basing it off of premium info and analysts thoughts.  But usually they are pretty accurate regardless of whether anyone wants to give them credit.  I love this site and everyone on it, but I also appreciate the info given on some of the pay sites.   Again this thing could flip just like any close recruitment, I'm just relaying some small thoughts that are out there that others may not be able to see.

I will just be glad when Archie gets this thing rolling and we don’t have to resort to 200+ pages of hand wringing over a single recruit.  Once we have a full stable of studs, there won’t be the angst of missing on a recruit here or there (even the home grown ones).  Come to IU, go to UK, whatever...

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

If Jerry Meyers don't switch his pick last minute,then I'd say he's not coming...time to move,problem is though I don't think we have any good back up plans.

Losing Keion would be painful, but I'd say we still got Justin Smith and Jerome Hunter. Just wishing Hunter will be full-go next season.

2 hours ago, jabell86 said:

Every other mock draft I have seen has Romeo in lottery.

I looked at a few that were recently updated and have seen Romeo projected at 17, 20, and 29.  NBAdraftroom has Romeo at 29.  They also have a 2021 mock that has KBJ, TJD, and Matthew Hurt going 31, 32, and 33. Those are the first 3 picks in the second round.  Pretty ridiculous to even guess at a 2021 mock draft.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I looked at a few that were recently updated and have seen Romeo projected at 17, 20, and 29.  NBAdraftroom has Romeo at 29.  They also have a 2021 mock that has KBJ, TJD, and Matthew Hurt going 31, 32, and 33. Those are the first 3 picks in the second round.  Pretty ridiculous to even guess at a 2021 mock draft.

I wonder where it would show them if they could go straight from high school.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

BR has him at 13

nbadraft.net has him at 11

Espn has him as 8th best available 

Wouldn’t insiders disappearing for a while possibly mean they were told not to say anything so they don’t spill any good news and ruin the surprise? Or would they also not say anything if they knew he was going elsewhere? A part of me thinks that if they knew he wasn’t coming to IU then they’d be willing to say so, but then again they could have still been asked to not say it so that Keion can and his family can have their moment.

Keion has to know that he’d have as good a shot at being a OAD at IU, plus he’d get to play with his close friends. He’d surely make more of a name for himself at IU than he would Kentucky. Kids from Indiana of that caliber who stay home are like gold, and get treated as such the rest of their lives. 

8 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Wouldn’t insiders disappearing for a while possibly mean they were told not to say anything so they don’t spill any good news and ruin the surprise? Or would they also not say anything if they knew he was going elsewhere? A part of me thinks that if they knew he wasn’t coming to IU then they’d be willing to say so, but then again they could have still been asked to not say it so that Keion can and his family can have their moment.

Keion has to know that he’d have as good a shot at being a OAD at IU, plus he’d get to play with his close friends. He’d surely make more of a name for himself at IU than he would Kentucky. Kids from Indiana of that caliber who stay home are like gold, and get treated as such the rest of their lives. 

Most insiders have said IU was in good

20 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Anybody hear anything from billingsley, and I’m not just talking about for this recruitment has he posted anywhere on this board in a while? 

I hope everything is OK with his son, I know he posted last week he had the flu.  I'm guessing that's what you were getting at.  Praying that all is ok with Ayden!!

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not sure why people and even KBJ are thinking he’s a one and done.  Kid is good but is way behind Romeo at this stage in their careers.  I’ve often thought he was at minimum a 2 year guy.  Maybe he will prove me wrong.

Because slime balls like Cal and Alford tell kids this to convince them to come to their school. They convince them of this lie for their own selfish reasons. 

Archived