Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

29 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Saw that. This one is over. 

Everyone blames the losing streak, but it sounds like the issue was the fan’s reaction to it. 

Hope he doesn’t see any adversity at UK because the fans there won’t hesitate to turn on him. 

Told everyone that but no one believed me

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just stop. If anything hurts IU's chances, it's garbage like this.

Why is this garbage? Because I think there is a a draw to Kentucky to make money? Because I’m guessing like the rest of us? It’s no secret UK is an NBA factory and Calipari is slime! It’s not like I’m bashing our coaches or players. Yes I’m a little butt hurt about losing today, because of what it would have meant. All signs are pointing Kentucky’s way. It’s not what I want at all!

I've seen it mentioned that Keion's dad is hoping to be viewed as developer of basketball talent. Outside of being a dad, does anyone know if he has aspirations of coaching high school, AAU, or as a college assistant?  Just wondered, as Keion going to UK would seem to hurt those chances in northeast Indiana.

If he held clinics or worked as a trainer,  HIS brand would be hurt by junior going to UK. Where would local parents that are IU fans choose to send their kids for private training,  to a guy that encouraged his son to go to UK, instead of playing at IU with his buddies?  How would Trey Lyles dad do in Indy? Just a thought.

I don’t see how after today’s loss we think it’s over with Keion. That comment of leaving his home to secure his future was made way back when he left FW to play at La L, and I highly doubt yesterday when Archie met with him he said “Coach, if you lose tomorrow’s game I’m not gonna go to IU.” In my opinion, today’s loss has no effect on Keion at all. It’s not this year’s team that he will be playing with. Am I 100% sold on him coming to IU, no...but I’m surely not ruling it out. 

41 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Uh, no, it isn't about that either.  The mods should really consider deleting these kind of posts.  It's disparaging.

I think it could be worded better, but when I say money I mean building a brand. Going pro and all the stuff that UK can sell. Not so much what Kentucky is offering on the side. Sorry about that.

Archived