Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

1 minute ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Keion's mother followed up her tweet by saying that she knows that all fanbases have their bad apples and she wasn't calling out any particular fanbase. But I think its pretty obvious that IU fanbase is what prompted her to tweet that based on us just losing. 

Yeah, I don’t think that she’d care as much if he were going elsewhere.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

you sir are correct. My bad.

Your point is also correct and I was not trying to be a smart butt.  Also their game is also all the way down in Washington which will be  along drive from Center Grove.  To me if IU was not in the running then I can see TJD and franklin going up to support Keion but with IU in the running it does not seem right if he chooses UK.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your point is also correct and I was not trying to be a smart butt.  Also their game is also all the way down in Washington which will be  along drive from Center Grove.  To me if IU was not in the running then I can see TJD and franklin going up to support Keion but with IU in the running it does not seem right if he chooses UK.

Didnt take it that way. I was thinking of driving over to catch the game. Played in that great gym a few times. been awhile since beening there. I would be upset if I were TJD's coach, jmo

Where are people seeing that Franklin is going too?  I just saw the post with TJD.  It’s making me a little more hopeful.  Either way I think it shows we’ve got some good kids coming in next year willing to travel and support a friend even when TJD has to travel to the other side of the state the next day for a huge game.  

5 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Where are people seeing that Franklin is going too?  I just saw the post with TJD.  It’s making me a little more hopeful.  Either way I think it shows we’ve got some good kids coming in next year willing to travel and support a friend even when TJD has to travel to the other side of the state the next day for a huge game.  

I saw this on Twitter and just came here to confirm... I thought that maybe someone else saw this as well. 

32 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think Mrs. Brooks is smart enough to understand many UK fans are NO DIFFERENT. Let’s not use this as an excuse bc it makes her look stupid, and I’m sure she is not. Was just a general statement, can not possibly have anything to do with KB’s decision. If it does, they’re living in a hole and they’ll have a rude awakening next year.

23 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Keion's mother followed up her tweet by saying that she knows that all fanbases have their bad apples and she wasn't calling out any particular fanbase. But I think its pretty obvious that IU fanbase is what prompted her to tweet that based on us just losing. 

Thought I noticed she followed it up with some reasonable responses....unless I'm looking at wrong tweet. Basically all fan bases have the bad. No one could ever convince me someone would use fans at IU as a reason to choose fans at UK. Has to be something else. Can someone clarify where we are on this beautiful 70 degree Thursday? Just got done with 5 on the Monon. Work off the loss. Now time to pound beer until poker at 8

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think Mrs. Brooks is smart enough to understand many UK fans are NO DIFFERENT. Let’s not use this as an excuse bc it makes her look stupid, and I’m sure she is not. Was just a general statement, can not possibly have anything to do with KB’s decision. If it does, they’re living in a hole and they’ll have a rude awakening next year.

It still reaffirms my thought that our fans need to tone it down and not take it out on the players and coaches on social media.  I am not saying this board but just fans in general especially on twitter because the recruits and families are noticing these things.

If IU has 98% amazing fans and 2% morons, are you really going to generalize against an IU fan base?  I have been an IU fan for over 4 decades, and I have traveled with the IU fan base many times.  It's a very large and an amazing fan base, especially considering there's been an essentially 25 year dip.  

If someone wants to dog a fan base because of a few idiots, they have that right, but it's not the best thought process.

27 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Just like my ex-wife, keep nagging at me even after I said I was wrong. :coffee:

A friend of mine got divorced. 

Him:  Well, at least now she won't have me to blame for everything wrong in her life.

Me:  Oh, you don't understand how this works.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I may be and probably am thinking way to much into this tweet but it makes me think KB is going to Indiana even more.  I read through all the replies and she interacts with a few fans and likes some replies.  To me if KB was going elsewhere I just don’t think she would give two cents or bother to mingle with IU fans.  Sure she is probably just being cordial but man it makes me think.  Get this done I’m thinking way to much into this but it’s kinda fun 😂

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I saw this on Twitter and just came here to confirm... I thought that maybe someone else saw this as well. 

I’m not seeing anything on franklin going up. Just TJD. Anybody else seeing it? I hope it is true though. It doesn’t mean that he is choosing IU by any means, but it can’t hurt either!!

Archived