Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

41 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If IU has 98% amazing fans and 2% morons, are you really going to generalize against an IU fan base?  I have been an IU fan for over 4 decades, and I have traveled with the IU fan base many times.  It's a very large and an amazing fan base, especially considering there's been an essentially 25 year dip.  

If someone wants to dog a fan base because of a few idiots, they have that right, but it's not the best thought process.

Also if you have a fan base as large as ours that 2% is still a large amount of people. Overall though I think it speaks to the rest of us...if we see this poor behavior speak out against it. Stand up to those internet idiots that are tearing down these kids. There is a difference in speaking about underperforming or discussing mistakes and absolutely tearing into a kids character or hounding a kid and taking personal shots at them. Let’s do the right thing...see something say something.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Also if you have a fan base as large as ours that 2% is still a large amount of people. Overall though I think it speaks to the rest of us...if we see this poor behavior speak out against it. Stand up to those internet idiots that are tearing down these kids. There is a difference in speaking about underperforming or discussing mistakes and absolutely tearing into a kids character or hounding a kid and taking personal shots at them. Let’s do the right thing...see something say something.

Well it was a bunch of UK fans saying they didn't want KB after one of his visits.  I've never heard a single IU fan say they didn't want KB.  And if you think our fans are negative check out Rupp Rafters after a loss.  It's like the IU rivals board x infinity.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well it was a bunch of UK fans saying they didn't want KB after one of his visits.  I've never heard a single IU fan say they didn't want KB.  And if you think our fans are negative check out Rupp Rafters after a loss.  It's like the IU rivals board x infinity.

I live in Kentucky Im fully aware of how bad they are...they eat their own and even the good ones are forgotten in a year or two. I’m just saying we have a huge fan base so yes there are plenty of bad apples out there...and when we see people running down our boys...we should speak out. Had nothing really specific about this situation.

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I live in Kentucky Im fully aware of how bad they are...they eat their own and even the good ones are forgotten in a year or two. I’m just saying we have a huge fan base so yes there are plenty of bad apples out there...and when we see people running down our boys...we should speak out. Had nothing really specific about this situation.

I get the feeling you are a Uk fan.  

55 minutes ago, BDB said:

I get the feeling you are a Uk fan.  

Unfortunately I’ve lived here the past 15 years but you could never say a more hurtful thing to me. It’s awful living down here and listening to the avg idiots who have never even played basketball talk about it like they know what is going on. I’ve grew up and lived in southwestern Indiana most of my life...I’m fair minded and very objective but I bleed cream and crimson like the rest of you.

13 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

All the powers that be are lining up behind UK...it would be sweet to see them left without a rose at the end of the night...especially after watching their hatred when Zion spurned them...but it’s getting fewer and fewer on the IU ship.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Totally agree with this statment

Don't look good at all with all of these guys saying UK.  I thought with TJD going all the way up there for the announcement it was a good sign but looks like he will be going up there for nothing.  Also if I were TJD coach I would not be happy him traveling all the way up to Fort Wayne for an 8pm announcement the day before a huge game.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't look good at all with all of these guys saying UK.  I thought with TJD going all the way up there for the announcement it was a good sign but looks like he will be going up there for nothing.  Also if I were TJD coach I would not be happy him traveling all the way up to Fort Wayne for an 8pm announcement the day before a huge game.

We can just hope that those picks are all based on a hunch and not on anything of substance.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Bingo, he's not going to pick Kentucky just because IU fans are too "mean". That's just a cop out excuse.

Could it be they’ve been putting out now for several weeks how it’s been the comments of IU fans to try and tame the “beast” for when he commits to UK. It could be an “I told you so” if he commits to UK and there are negative comments. Easy to pull from thousands of fans a few responses to fit whatever narrative you’re trying to write. 

Archived