Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

It may have been mentioned already.  And I think it has.  But interesting that Brooks is announcing on the "Ides of March".... the day Caesar was assassinated.  For one school it will be "et tu brute."   Let's hope it's not IU.

I love the fact that Archie got the last meeting.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Ides of March would be a good day for a Zion - like surprise:

"Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility."

And "Rome" continued to prosper in the "Ides of March".

Not this matters either but I just watched the Tipton guy do an Instagram live and he predicted Kentucky as well. He did say some interesting things about his Instagram live with Keion he was saying he could see Keion’s eyes light up every time he talked about Indiana so there’s that. 

3 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Someone PM me, date night with the Little Misses tonight.

I have a good feeling about tonight. So a little help...

So when you're asked why at 8:01 pm you jumped up from the table and yelled, "Hot damn!" Just say,

"I was overwhelmed by your beauty!" 😁

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It may have been mentioned already.  And I think it has.  But interesting that Brooks is announcing on the "Ides of March".... the day Caesar was assassinated.  For one school it will be "et tu brute."   Let's hope it's not IU.

I love the fact that Archie got the last meeting.

Let's hope we don't receive "the unkindest cut of all" and can "part the glories of this happy day".

15 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Think everyone is going to be really disappointed, but again hope I am wrong and he is a Hoosier.  Really doesn't seem like that is going to happen at this point.

I won’t be disappointed. I don’t get emotionally invested in recruitments. If he comes, fantastic. If he goes to UK, I’ll never watch him play a game of basketball unless somehow IU plays them in the tournament. I’m a on to the next one, when it comes to recruiting. Honestly, Keion is a good talent, just not sure his talent and position is the biggest need for IU right now. 

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My hopes went out the window awhile back, honestly when he publicly said that he did want his recruitment to drag out like Romeo did his back in like Dec or Jan. Granted this is a different situation then what Romeo's was, however that was when I lost a lot of interest. 

I think it was drawn out because he wasn’t sure. Maybe he was leaning our way and then it changed. It’s a big decision. I don’t fault him for that. Our season has had a lot of head scratching moments and uncertainty. I think he picks Kentucky tonight. I hope I’m wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I won’t be disappointed. I don’t get emotionally invested in recruitments. If he comes, fantastic. If he goes to UK, I’ll never watch him play a game of basketball unless somehow IU plays them in the tournament. I’m a on to the next one, when it comes to recruiting. Honestly, Keion is a good talent, just not sure his talent and position is the biggest need for IU right now. 

You or I may not but I think a meltdown is in store for part of this fanbase, which if he chooses UK was definitely one of the deciding factors.  I'm still hoping for a miracle and somehow we get him.

21 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

My intel is based off of what I hear on the premium sites from people.  I don't have any connection to Keion or his family.  But I tend to take a don't jump off the ledge approach and try to keep a pretty balanced opinion on things.  Don't like to jump suddenly after one comment.  But for the last week to two weeks things have been floating to the Kentucky side of things.  It's been extremely close and it could still change.  I think he is still a little torn about the decision.  But when people that usually wait to make an opinion until they have some good intel backing it up are saying they think he is a Kentucky lean and making picks based on intel and not changing them.  That is usually a sign.  This thing has been close the entire time and the Brooks family has kept it close to the vest, but I think Kentucky has had a slight lead for the last two weeks.   I think alot of the people claiming Keion already knew or was some big IU lean and IU was going to get him were getting way ahead of themselves. Again just basing it off of premium info and analysts thoughts.  But usually they are pretty accurate regardless of whether anyone wants to give them credit.  I love this site and everyone on it, but I also appreciate the info given on some of the pay sites.   Again this thing could flip just like any close recruitment, I'm just relaying some small thoughts that are out there that others may not be able to see.

Had a super busy day yesterday so wasn't able to come back to this. I appreciate your insight. Not asking you to divulge insider info that you pay for, but the question I have is, is the info you're referring to that is insider and leading you to believe it's over different or more reliable (more solid than the "gut" feelings the experts have been sharing) and sourced info than what the rest of us have been seeing publicly. 

I ask, because in my opinion the expert picks the last week or two have largely been gut feel guesses, not sourced/informed picks. 

Archived