Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Had a super busy day yesterday so wasn't able to come back to this. I appreciate your insight. Not asking you to divulge insider info that you pay for, but the question I have is, is the info you're referring to that is insider and leading you to believe it's over different or more reliable (more solid than the "gut" feelings the experts have been sharing) and sourced info than what the rest of us have been seeing publicly. 

I ask, because in my opinion the expert picks the last week or two have largely been gut feel guesses, not sourced/informed picks. 

I think the few here and there that I've been paying attention to on this one have some intel or they wouldn't be posting the opinion they are.  I don't think it is gut feels at this point.  They have been pretty consistent in their choices for the past two weeks and I think that is based on things they are hearing not necessarily just gut choices at this point.  Now could they be completely wrong?  No doubt because this one is close.  However, their opinion hasn't changed in the last two or so weeks and has been pretty consistent and that is based on what they are hearing.  Truth be told Brian Snow is the one that you would want to follow the most on this one as he is closest to the family.  (I know some don't want to hear that because they don't like Snow)  That's why they are the ones that put the livestream together for Keion's announcement.  However, he hasn't just flat out said this is where he is going.  He has given a pick based on what he has heard, but again this one is really close and the family has kept it extremely quiet.  And I don't think Keion even has known that long.  That's why I just thought it was comical at points how people acted like he already knew and was ready to commit and the decision was near way back months ago.  This has been eating at him for awhile and it was a tough decision.  We will see who he picks tonight.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

You or I may not but I think a meltdown is in store for part of this fanbase, which if he chooses UK was definitely one of the deciding factors.  I'm still hoping for a miracle and somehow we get him.

Oh and I’ll be here to witness the train wreck if it happens. I have no inside info but the logical choice is and always has been IU. I will not be surprised if he chooses either school, but only one makes sense. Let’s be honest, the kid is not a 1 and done. He has had enough feedback to know that he isn’t. Which means UK, is not the right choice. We will see what happens tonight. No matter what happens, I hope IU fans show class. 

1 minute ago, bryan200088 said:

I think the few here and there that I've been paying attention to on this one have some intel or they wouldn't be posting the opinion they are.  I don't think it is gut feels at this point.  They have been pretty consistent in their choices for the past two weeks and I think that is based on things they are hearing not necessarily just gut choices at this point.  Now could they be completely wrong?  No doubt because this one is close.  However, their opinion hasn't changed in the last two or so weeks and has been pretty consistent and that is based on what they are hearing.  Truth be told Brian Snow is the one that you would want to follow the most on this one as he is closest to the family.  (I know some don't want to hear that because they don't like Snow)  That's why they are the ones that put the livestream together for Keion's announcement.  However, he hasn't just flat out said this is where he is going.  He has given a pick based on what he has heard, but again this one is really close and the family has kept it extremely quiet.  And I don't think Keion even has known that long.  That's why I just thought it was comical at points how people acted like he already knew and was ready to commit and the decision was near way back months ago.  This has been eating at him for awhile and it was a tough decision.  We will see who he picks tonight.

I hear you, I do. I have no idea which school he's going to pick. I know we've both followed these things for years, but I just feel like in following these things there's a difference between sourced picks and what we've seen here. I'm sure they have some intel, but it seems like most recruitments the experts are much more definitive in their picks and are much more vocal about the info they're getting, whereas with this recruitment most of the chatter has seemed flimsier. 

Some recruitments you get "my sources are telling me UK is most likely the pick" where with this one it seems it's mostly "Things seem to be trending UK, nobody really knows, so I'd put it at about 55/45 UK". In my opinion the predictions on this one just seem much less confident. 

That doesn't mean UK won't be the pick and the tea leaves have definitely been trending that way, but I wonder if the tea leave are mostly all going after "gut" pick and not sources info. I guess we'll see at 8pm. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Oh and I’ll be here to witness the train wreck if it happens. I have no inside info but the logical choice is and always has been IU. I will not be surprised if he chooses either school, but only one makes sense. Let’s be honest, the kid is not a 1 and done. He has had enough feedback to know that he isn’t. Which means UK, is not the right choice. We will see what happens tonight. No matter what happens, I hope IU fans show class. 

Agree completely.  I think the smart choice is IU because I don't believe him to be 1 and done.  He will get recruited over in my opinion at UK.  But I guess my opinion doesn't count!  I'm hoping our fans show class as well if it doesn't go our way.  I don't know if I will even get on the boards anywhere if he chooses UK.  Between that and the loss it will be complete meltdown mode.

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hear you, I do. I have no idea which school he's going to pick. I know we've both followed these things for years, but I just feel like in following these things there's a difference between sourced picks and what we've seen here. I'm sure they have some intel, but it seems like most recruitments the experts are much more definitive in their picks and are much more vocal about the info they're getting, whereas with this recruitment most of the chatter has seemed flimsier. 

Some recruitments you get "my sources are telling me UK is most likely the pick" where with this one it seems it's mostly "Things seem to be trending UK, nobody really knows, so I'd put it at about 55/45 UK". In my opinion the predictions on this one just seem much less confident. 

That doesn't mean UK won't be the pick and the tea leaves have definitely been trending that way, but I wonder if the tea leave are mostly all going after "gut" pick and not sources info. I guess we'll see at 8pm. 

Agree with you BGleas.  I think there is mystery surrounding this decision and most people have not been very definitive in their picks.  I just am passing along which way these guys think they are leaning which is based on some intel or they wouldn't even make the comments.  I don't think a single person knows with any confidence what the decision is yet.  That may leak out in a few hours though.  It's just when every single one of them is in agreement that there is a slight lean a certain way I generally don't think they would all be hearing the same exact lean if there wasn't at least a little bit of one.  Unless it is all a smokescreen which I don't think is happening here.  Although it sure did with Garland.  Won't ever cheer for that kid period.  Used IU as a pedestal to get all the attention and press and then really didn't ever plan on even going to IU. 

4 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Agree completely.  I think the smart choice is IU because I don't believe him to be 1 and done.  He will get recruited over in my opinion at UK.  But I guess my opinion doesn't count!  I'm hoping our fans show class as well if it doesn't go our way.  I don't know if I will even get on the boards anywhere if he chooses UK.  Between that and the loss it will be complete meltdown mode.

I typically stay away after losses and then will read the comments  a day later. Makes for a good laugh once things settle down. 

Like I said, I have a really, really, really good feeling about this. I feel he's coming to IU.

Now talk about meltdowns an classlessness, after the decision is made, go over to Rupp Rafters...

They'll make Jethro Bodine look like David Niven in the class department.

6 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Agree with you BGleas.  I think there is mystery surrounding this decision and most people have not been very definitive in their picks.  I just am passing along which way these guys think they are leaning which is based on some intel or they wouldn't even make the comments.  I don't think a single person knows with any confidence what the decision is yet.  That may leak out in a few hours though.  It's just when every single one of them is in agreement that there is a slight lean a certain way I generally don't think they would all be hearing the same exact lean if there wasn't at least a little bit of one.  Unless it is all a smokescreen which I don't think is happening here.  Although it sure did with Garland.  Won't ever cheer for that kid period.  Used IU as a pedestal to get all the attention and press and then really didn't ever plan on even going to IU. 

I don't think it's a smokescreen either, I think people overplay in most, not all cases, how much the kids/families try to create false narratives, etc. to build excitement. But, I also don't think all the UK picks are based on intel, I think there's a mob mentality with these experts. There's typically a couple plugged in guys and then the rest just follow the trend. It's not like all these guys making picks have sources that are close to some kid in Indiana. 

To your point though, the couple plugged in guys all seem to be leaning UK, albeit not very strongly. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I don't think it's a smokescreen either, I think people overplay in most, not all cases, how much the kids/families try to create false narratives, etc. to build excitement. But, I also don't think all the UK picks are based on intel, I think there's a mob mentality with these experts. There's typically a couple plugged in guys and then the rest just follow the trend. It's not like all these guys making picks have sources that are close to some kid in Indiana. 

To your point though, the couple plugged in guys all seem to be leaning UK, albeit not very strongly. 

Mob mentality is certainly in affect. I bet a good portion of these picks are based on someone else's pick. How many times have we heard that Jerry Meyer's pick is the one to watch and if he switches then he's heard something definitive? Since he hasn't switched, I bet several picks are following his (or another of their choice). Meyer's pick was awhile ago and wasn't of high confidence.

I think it’s IU.  My opinion is that he wanted his day and he wanted it to be a surprise either way.  Pushing this out as long as he has and leaking conflicting information has reinstated the uncertainty and mystery that some of these kids covet.  They only do it once so go big or go home.....I think the kid is all Hoosier and has been all along.  I may be way off but I woke up on the positive side of the pillow this morning....🍀

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree I think sometimes that creates this big excitement.  Except like I said in the Garland case.  But that is more of a rarity.  Yeah alot of these guys are just riding the coattails.  The national guys alot of times know who to follow on certain recruitments in certain areas so when those guys make picks they just follow them.  Yeah most of the guys that are close to this one are leaning a certain way, but like you pointed out the door hasn't been closed completely.  I'm keeping a close eye on it today.  Fingers crossed, maybe something will change or some good news will pop out.

38 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Thank you India Franklin. She gets it. Perfectly stated.

She may get it. However, considering  who her son is, and her position to the program..... that tweet borders on an NCAA violation.  No, I will not be reporting her to IU compliance. I am sure they are aware of it, and will act appropriately.  Hey, coaches can't even mention names of kids they are recruiting, until there is a commitment. 

7 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Mob mentality is certainly in affect. I bet a good portion of these picks are based on someone else's pick. How many times have we heard that Jerry Meyer's pick is the one to watch and if he switches then he's heard something definitive? Since he hasn't switched, I bet several picks are following his (or another of their choice). Meyer's pick was awhile ago and wasn't of high confidence.

Yeah Jerry is just riding coattails on this one.  He is not plugged into this one really.  and T-Free I believe it is being livestreamed but haven't paid close enough attention to tell you where.  There is a link though I believe.  Just know Snow got it put together.

30 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Will you post some thoughts after? I’m interested in what the crowd is like. I don’t think there are many UK fans that far north and with it looking like UK I wouldn’t be surprised if other fans stay home. 

I think a lot of recruits get this mind set that everyone that has followed their recruitment will be happy for them and follow them no matter what. The reality is as soon as you say no to a school everyone moves on. You become a name most fans recognize and may or may not actually watch. 

36 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

What do you think the tone of their pay boards would be if they just kept saying for months and months "sorry guys, we just don't know anything"?  Pitchforks.  They have to say something.  No one on the pay sites had any idea that TJD's announcement was coming when it did (a few here did though), and no one had any idea on Romeo.  One or two people might very well have gotten intel this time, but just because they are pushing a narrative doesn't mean they know anything.

3 minutes ago, mwkoenig said:

Well this seems like something.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.45.40 AM.png

I like the looks of this pic and the symbolism it brings. Subtle hint? I don't know....but this pic just screams, "BOTH, YOU AND I....WE CAN BE GOOD TOGETHER AT IU!" If he is going up just to be friends and support Keion you would think he would have posted a pick of them in their AAU uni's or something with out IU.......JMHO.

I was just wondering about how to watch too.  I thought I saw something about CBS Sports HQ. I have the CBS Sports app on my phone and there is a “CBS Sports HQ” option in the main menu.  Maybe it will just be on that live steam tonight?  It doesn’t have a schedule or anything. I want to watch but I have a bad feeling I won’t really know where to go come tonight.  

I would think if IU was the choice there would be a little more excitement created somewhere other than someone on a message board just hoping. To me his family would want Indiana fans in the crowd if that is his choice. Seems like most experts and media is saying Uk. I’m not seeing anything in much other than Tipton.

6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Is this new,this may be the first clue to the riddle.

People were mentioning this yesterday and to me for TJD to go all the way up to Fort Wayne the day before his semi state looks good.  If IU was not in contention I could see it as him just going up to support his friend but with IU in contention it would be strange for him to pick UK when TJD is there.

Archived