Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

Guys remember how all of the “experts” had Zion going to Clemson last year? They were even at 87% for Clemson, then uk and South Carolina had the other picks. Duke came out of nowhere and landed him! We were favorites according to the “experts” to land Pinson when he popped for the home state Tarheels. 

My point is... I don’t think anyone truly knows. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I would think if IU was the choice there would be a little more excitement created somewhere other than someone on a message board just hoping. To me his family would want Indiana fans in the crowd if that is his choice. Seems like most experts and media is saying Uk. I’m not seeing anything in much other than Tipton.

Not if they want it to be a real surprise

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

What do you think the tone of their pay boards would be if they just kept saying for months and months "sorry guys, we just don't know anything"?  Pitchforks.  They have to say something.  No one on the pay sites had any idea that TJD's announcement was coming when it did (a few here did though), and no one had any idea on Romeo.  One or two people might very well have gotten intel this time, but just because they are pushing a narrative doesn't mean they know anything.

Not to burst your bubble but the paysites did know about the TJD bit and they also knew he had already signed they just couldn't say anything about the signing because you can't burn bridges when you are a reporter which I understand.  But to be completely honest yeah they were well aware of TJD and made that very clear for along time that Indiana was way out in front.  They also did have correct info on Romeo.   Look I've never understood the negative banter back and forth between websites.  Even if one is pay and the other one isn't.  Is it because it's a giant contest about who has the best info or gets the info the quickest or what?  I mean to me everyone should enjoy every IU site they can and be glad to get intel on stuff.  And sometimes this site has some and sometimes another one might.  I grew up on this board and like all the posters.  But I also like the paysites as well.  But to act like they don't have info you are just flat out wrong.  Period.  I could make examples but I'm not going to.  The facts are different people in different recruitments get better intel.  Shouldn't matter which site someone is on.

When I woke up today, I had the mindset of accomplishing stuff at work today even though I knew Keion's announcement wasn't until 8pm tonight.  However, 3 hours into my work day and I have barely moved the needle on completing anything today because I am logged onto this board for what could be a big evening. :nansplit:

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

She may get it. However, considering  who her son is, and her position to the program..... that tweet borders on an NCAA violation.  No, I will not be reporting her to IU compliance. I am sure they are aware of it, and will act appropriately.  Hey, coaches can't even mention names of kids they are recruiting, until there is a commitment. 

Why would the NCAA at all care what one recruit's mother tweets to another recruit's mother?

6 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Not to burst your bubble but the paysites did know about the TJD bit and they also knew he had already signed they just couldn't say anything about the signing because you can't burn bridges when you are a reporter which I understand.  But to be completely honest yeah they were well aware of TJD and made that very clear for along time that Indiana was way out in front.  They also did have correct info on Romeo.   Look I've never understood the negative banter back and forth between websites.  Even if one is pay and the other one isn't.  Is it because it's a giant contest about who has the best info or gets the info the quickest or what?  I mean to me everyone should enjoy every IU site they can and be glad to get intel on stuff.  And sometimes this site has some and sometimes another one might.  I grew up on this board and like all the posters.  But I also like the paysites as well.  But to act like they don't have info you are just flat out wrong.  Period.  I could make examples but I'm not going to.  The facts are different people in different recruitments get better intel.  Shouldn't matter which site someone is on.

This article was written two weeks AFTER TJD had already signed with IU.  Does this read like they knew anything?

https://247sports.com/Article/A-look-at-a-trio-of-unsigned-five-stars-and-also-one-of-the-top-2020-prospects-who-is-already-making-visits-125572396/

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Inspired by @SeeYa@roys

It may not influence today's outcome, but it needed to be said.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/column-we-agree-kentucky-isnt-right-for-everyone/

I've been saying a variation of this theme for awhile now. You could have gone further with the busts in the top 15...Alex Poythress...#7, played four years and went undrafted. Skal Labissiere...#2 and almost slid out of the first round. The Harrison twins...don't remember the details, but they were certainly busts compared to their rankings.

Lots of examples of kids not developing as expected...certainly more examples than kids you can point to that have outperformed. No question, there are plenty of examples of top kids who, as expected,  were one and done, but as stated, they could have pretty much done that anywhere.

I'll stand by my thesis that John Calipari is overrated as a developer of talent. 

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This article was written two weeks AFTER TJD had already signed with IU.  Does this read like they knew anything?

https://247sports.com/Article/A-look-at-a-trio-of-unsigned-five-stars-and-also-one-of-the-top-2020-prospects-who-is-already-making-visits-125572396/

Don't care what that article says.  You can think what you want.  If you want to have a measuring contest with another website to make yourself feel superior go ahead.  My point was this website wasn't the only one that knew something with TJD was up.  TONS of people knew and it was across many websites.  If that is your selling point and something you want to hang your hat on by all means do it.  But you just look goofy right now talking about something apparently you aren't aware of.   Many other websites were very well aware TJD was a Hoosier long before he became one.  And that article you posted literally means nothing.  Again, an article that a reporter posts wouldn't say anything about a quiet signing because they don't want to burn a bridge.  There is a difference.  Those people do it for a living do you really think he is going to post in an article online that he knows TJD signed quietly?  Give me a freaking break lol....you can't burn bridges in a paid website world.  Doesn't matter what you know.  Now you could strongly hint over and over that is the most likely destination.  But they aren't going to post something on the internet where a family might see it.  Might ruin the recruitment for the school they plan to attend and it would also cost them their job because no family would ever trust them again with information.  Good lord.  Again I like everyone on these boards but the measuring contest is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Don't care what that article says.  You can think what you want.  If you want to have a measuring contest with another website to make yourself feel superior go ahead.  My point was this website wasn't the only one that knew something with TJD was up.  TONS of people knew and it was across many websites.  If that is your selling point and something you want to hang your hat on by all means do it.  But you just look goofy right now talking about something apparently you aren't aware of.   Many other websites were very well aware TJD was a Hoosier long before he became one.  And that article you posted literally means nothing.  Again, an article that a reporter posts wouldn't say anything about a quiet signing because they don't want to burn a bridge.  There is a difference.  Those people do it for a living do you really think he is going to post in an article online that he knows TJD signed quietly?  Give me a freaking break lol....you can't burn bridges in a paid website world.  Doesn't matter what you know.  Now you could strongly hint over and over that is the most likely destination.  But they aren't going to post something on the internet where a family might see it.  Might ruin the recruitment for the school they plan to attend and it would also cost them their job because no family would ever trust them again with information.  Good lord.  Again I like everyone on these boards but the measuring contest is ridiculous.

Not having a "measuring contest."  You were the one that brought the intel from the pay sites here.  I think that needs to be balanced out with a healthy dose of reality. 

The same site pushed out a subscription article saying that Michigan State is a "major threat" in the TJD recruitment two weeks after he had already signed.  It is real easy to say after the fact that you knew all along but couldn't burn sources, but if you knew all along there is no way in hell you are saying what is said in that article.  

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Why would the NCAA at all care what one recruit's mother tweets to another recruit's mother?

Well, first, Franklin's mom qualifies as a booster on many fronts, as what the NCAA considers to be a booster. But this picture alone establishes her as a booster, by strict NCAA definition :Dmcc2dcUwAAgGFM.jpg

Establishing Franklin's mom as a booster would not be hard for the NCAA.  Remember, the NCAA considers any participation, attending games, etc as enough for them to fulfill their definition of a booster.  Don't forget that the NCAA labeled Mark Adam's as a booster, 20 years after the fact, because he bought a bumper sticker for his wife's car. The NCAA says once a person is designated as a booster, they are a booster for life.

The NCAA rules specifically prohibit boosters from engaging in any recruiting activities. You may not have any contact (i.e., in person encounter, telephone call, correspondence) with a prospect or that prospect's family, on or off-campus.

It is for this reason, above, that I have just stated as to why, I never ever talked to De'Ron Davis, before he committed to IU.  Went to many of his games, wearing IU gear, and just stayed in the stands, till he committed.

For your further edification :

Compliance - Boosters & Fans - Indiana University Athletics

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Not having a "measuring contest."  You were the one that brought the intel from the pay sites here.  I think that needs to be balanced out with a healthy dose of reality. 

The same site pushed out a subscription article saying that Michigan State is a "major threat" in the TJD recruitment two weeks after he had already signed.  It is real easy to say after the fact that you knew all along but couldn't burn sources, but if you knew all along there is no way in hell you are saying what is said in that article.  

Because I figured most IU fans would want to hear some intel that had been given.  My MISTAKE.  I forgot again it's some contest.  Didn't realize there was a rule that stated it had to be from a free site if intel was to be given.  I've been a member of this board before I can remember you being here.  But I won't make the mistake again.  Done posting.  Like I said before I don't know where Brooks ends up I hope he is a Hoosier but it seemed signs were pointing elsewhere.  Didn't know that was a crime.  Healthy dose of reality?  LOL ok king message board.  Keep telling yourself they didn't know about TJD.  Have a good rest of the day.  Oh and if you want a dose of reality you should PM me.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well, first, Franklin's mom qualifies as a booster on many fronts, as what the NCAA considers to be a booster. But this picture alone establishes her as a booster, by strict NCAA definition :Dmcc2dcUwAAgGFM.jpg

Establishing Franklin's mom as a booster would not be hard for the NCAA.  Remember, the NCAA considers any participation, attending games, etc as enough for them to fulfill their definition of a booster.  Don't forget that the NCAA labeled Mark Adam's as a booster, 20 years after the fact, because he bought a bumper sticker for his wife's car. The NCAA says once a person is designated as a booster, they are a booster for life.

The NCAA rules specifically prohibit boosters from engaging in any recruiting activities. You may not have any contact (i.e., in person encounter, telephone call, correspondence) with a prospect or that prospect's family, on or off-campus.

It is for this reason, above, that I have just stated as to why, I never ever talked to De'Ron Davis, before he committed to IU.  Went to many of his games, wearing IU gear, and just stayed in the stands, till he committed.

NCAA has several schools investigated by the FBI for bribery and fraud...this is fine.  But heaven help you if you say “Hi” to a potential recruit and you are not named UNC, Kansas, Duke, or UK.  They will post season bann you for years to come.

1 minute ago, bryan200088 said:

Because I figured most IU fans would want to hear some intel that had been given.  My MISTAKE.  I forgot again it's some contest.  Didn't realize there was a rule that stated it had to be from a free site if intel was to be given.  I've been a member of this board before I can remember you being here.  But I won't make the mistake again.  Done posting.  Like I said before I don't know where Brooks ends up I hope he is a Hoosier but it seemed signs were pointing elsewhere.  Didn't know that was a crime.  Healthy dose of reality?  LOL ok king message board.  Keep telling yourself they didn't know about TJD.  Have a good rest of the day.  Oh and if you want a dose of reality you should PM me.

I'll gladly take a PM of intel that is shared on other boards, good or bad info! :) 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

After being edified, I think the NCAA would have to send Stretch Armstrong to investigate one recruit's mother sending another recruit's mother a tweet.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Mrs. Franklin and Mrs. Brooks have been friends for years.  Nothing more, than a friend saying " hey dont sweat it" 

9 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

You shared the information.  I suggested that it should be taken with caution based on very recent past experience.  That is how message boards work.  I am not sure why this is so controversial or confrontational for you.  

8 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Mrs. Franklin and Mrs. Brooks have been friends for years.  Nothing more, than a friend saying " hey dont sweat it" 

Yes. That situation is covered in the link from IU, that I provided.  It's kind of like if a coach buys a car for his son who is on a team.  Is that considered a benefit ?  Tricky stuff, when the NCAA decided they want to go after a coach for making too many phone calls, and then after giving him a 3 year show cause order.... makes those phone calls legal.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You shared the information.  I suggested that it should be taken with caution based on very recent past experience.  That is how message boards work.  I am not sure why this is so controversial or confrontational for you.  

Agree...plenty of reason to be skeptical of all sources that aren't the recruit.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. That situation is covered in the link from IU, that I provided.  It's kind of like if a coach buys a car for his son who is on a team.  Is that considered a benefit ?  Tricky stuff, when the NCAA decided they want to go after a coach for making too many phone calls, and then after giving him a 3 year show cause order.... makes those phone calls legal.

Appreciate the insight...but I suspect the NCAA is paying no attention to India Franklin right now...

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

After being edified, I think the NCAA would have to send Stretch Armstrong to investigate one recruit's mother sending another recruit's mother a tweet.

First.  The question was asked of me.  I not only answered it, but backed it up with a link from IU. I am just trying to inform. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, we have seen how far the NCAA is willing to go in terms of petty things. That's all I was attempting to say.

Here's one article about Mark Adams, and how the NCAA came after him for purchasing bumper stickers 20 prior to their slapping his wrists :

NCAA Upholds IU Basketball Players' Suspensions | News - Indiana Public Media

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yes as should any information.  And that goes for people claiming to know here or there or another pay site.  Your example though is flat out wrong.  You want to use another example maybe to have an argument ok.  But the TJD one is completely wrong period.   This wasn't the only site to have that info.  It's confrontational because the way you present it.  I can tell you for FACT that some people on here talk out their a** acting like they know when they don't just as much as other sites.  It's the same everywhere.  Like I said above different sites have different info on every single recruitment.  So trying to act like one is always better than the other is ridiculous.  And making the TJD argument makes it even more ridiculous.

Archived