Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Appreciate the insight...but I suspect the NCAA is paying no attention to India Franklin right now...

Totally on board with this. Which is the reason I decided not to contact IU compliance as I did once, with Yogi's mom.  With an announcement scheduled for later today, it's just too close to matter.  Different matter all together, if this happened months ago.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All sites, IMHO have their place. However the thing that bothers me most about pay sites, is when they publish information and charge for it, while other sites, such as HSN and TDH, have put the exact same information out to the public for free. I understand protecting proprietary information, and wanting to get paid for it.  But man, I hate it when PPV sites charge for information that can be had all over the internet for free, and act as if it is proprietary information, by putting it behind a paywall.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

@milehiiu, any weather forecast for us even if it's a blind guess like most weathermen?

I'll let you know after 8 tonight.  LOL.   Seriously.... I've got nothing. Other than a milehi salute to the Brooks for keeping things under wraps for so long. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

All sites, IMHO have their place. However the thing that bothers me most about pay sites, is when they publish information and charge for it, while other sites, such as HSN and TDH, have put the exact same information out to the public for free. I understand protecting proprietary information, and wanting to get paid for it.  But man, I hate it when PPV sites charge for information that can be had all over the internet for free, and act as if it is proprietary information, by putting it behind a paywall.

Agreed. I certainly appreciate all of the info from those who are connected and I know a lot of what they’re being told should be taken with a grain of salt. More often than not, I believe that our insiders have been correct... and I would say their percentage is at least as good as what you’ll get paying for the same information elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Because I figured most IU fans would want to hear some intel that had been given.  My MISTAKE.  I forgot again it's some contest.  Didn't realize there was a rule that stated it had to be from a free site if intel was to be given.  I've been a member of this board before I can remember you being here.  But I won't make the mistake again.  Done posting.  Like I said before I don't know where Brooks ends up I hope he is a Hoosier but it seemed signs were pointing elsewhere.  Didn't know that was a crime.  Healthy dose of reality?  LOL ok king message board.  Keep telling yourself they didn't know about TJD.  Have a good rest of the day.  Oh and if you want a dose of reality you should PM me.

I think they probably knew, but they also kept pushing that the MSU threat is real. For months they essentially said it's IU. Then when it got close, they really started pushing that it's not over, that MSU is really pushing, that Dad likes MSU, etc. Pretty sure this was the narrative even leading up to the TJD announcement. They have a job to do and trust to maintain. Pretty tough to give real, accurate information, while maintaining trust with the people giving that information

2 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yes as should any information.  And that goes for people claiming to know here or there or another pay site.  Your example though is flat out wrong.  You want to use another example maybe to have an argument ok.  But the TJD one is completely wrong period.   This wasn't the only site to have that info.  It's confrontational because the way you present it.  I can tell you for FACT that some people on here talk out their a** acting like they know when they don't just as much as other sites.  It's the same everywhere.  Like I said above different sites have different info on every single recruitment.  So trying to act like one is always better than the other is ridiculous.  And making the TJD argument makes it even more ridiculous.

If you interpreted what I was saying as some sort of suggestion that this board is the only one with any intel, you misread me.  I agree, it is the same everywhere.  I am not saying that one is better than the other.

As you might guess, I pay for all the subscriptions to anyone that publishes anything about IU because it is in my interest to do so.  The week of the TJD announcment I didn't see anyone else talking about a Friday afternoon surprise except here.  In fact, it came up on one of the pay sites and was shot down.  Maybe I missed it.  It can be hard to keep up.  We all knew TJD was a likely IU lean, but I don't recall anywhere else that knew it was coming that week.  Again, maybe I missed it, but that is all that I was suggesting with that comment.  

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Agreed. I certainly appreciate all of the info from those who are connected and I know a lot of what they’re being told should be taken with a grain of salt. More often than not, I believe that our insiders have been correct... and I would say their percentage is at least as good as what you’ll get paying for the same information elsewhere.

And this is a direct shot at our former home.  What's with putting a Crystal Ball pick behind a paywall ?  That alone has turned me off from even wanting to pay for information.

Greed is the only thing I can think of. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

First.  The question was asked of me.  I not only answered it, but backed it up with a link from IU. I am just trying to inform. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, we have seen how far the NCAA is willing to go in terms of petty things. That's all I was attempting to say.

Here's one article about Mark Adams, and how the NCAA came after him for purchasing bumper stickers 20 prior to their slapping his wrists :

NCAA Upholds IU Basketball Players' Suspensions | News - Indiana Public Media

I understand that...I was the one that asked the initial question. And I appreciate you providing the link so I could have a look for myself.

That said, the NCAA would have to dig far and deep to make an issue of one mom tweeting another (wouldn't TJD's mom be considered a "booster" too?).

As far as the linked article, I can kinda understand the NCAA not wanting Mr Adams organization to be a "pipeline" for kids to be funneled to IU (and, yes, that IS a stretch and very petty), but not even close to 2 moms communicating about their sons via Twitter.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I understand that...I was the one that asked the initial question. And I appreciate you providing the link so I could have a look for myself.

That said, the NCAA would have to dig far and deep to make an issue of one mom tweeting another (wouldn't TJD's mom be considered a "booster" too?).

As far as the linked article, I can kinda understand the NCAA not wanting Mr Adams organization to be a "pipeline" for kids to be funneled to IU (and, yes, that IS a stretch and very petty), but not even close to 2 moms communicating about their sons via Twitter.

Can't disagree with anything you have said this morning. However, I believe I have shown as to what extent the NCAA will go to enforce their rules, if they choose to. It's their rules. And at times the enforcement of those rules have not made much sense to IU over the years. 

Anyway... I have enjoyed our debate/discussion. You have conducted yourself in a civil manner.  Well done. 

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

So if Keion goes elsewhere. Where do we go? Who would be plan b?

I know nothing and have no inside information but I would have to believe it would have to be the grad transfer route. It appears we have no shot with Watford and I have not read about any other people we are going after. 

8 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If you interpreted what I was saying as some sort of suggestion that this board is the only one with any intel, you misread me.  I agree, it is the same everywhere.  I am not saying that one is better than the other.

As you might guess, I pay for all the subscriptions to anyone that publishes anything about IU because it is in my interest to do so.  The week of the TJD announcment I didn't see anyone else talking about a Friday afternoon surprise except here.  In fact, it came up on one of the pay sites and was shot down.  Maybe I missed it.  It can be hard to keep up.  We all knew TJD was a likely IU lean, but I don't recall anywhere else that knew it was coming that week.  Again, maybe I missed it, but that is all that I was suggesting with that comment.  

I hear you and appreciate the posts back and forth.  If I interpreted it wrong on my end that is my fault.  I just hate the battles back and forth between boards.  Whether it's here or TOS it happens alot and I never get why fans can't appreciate all the sites and info that we get.  It shouldn't be a battle.  People get scared to share anything that way and it shouldn't be that way.  Anyway all good on my end.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can't disagree with anything you have said this morning. However, I believe I have shown as to what extent the NCAA will go to enforce their rules, if they choose to. It's their rules. And at times the enforcement of those rules have not made much sense to IU over the years. 

Anyway... I have enjoyed our debate/discussion. You have conducted yourself in a civil manner.  Well done. 

Actually just trying to get us to 300 pages before 7:59 pm 😁...Gotta show Keion the love!

Thanks to you as well...

15 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I think they probably knew, but they also kept pushing that the MSU threat is real. For months they essentially said it's IU. Then when it got close, they really started pushing that it's not over, that MSU is really pushing, that Dad likes MSU, etc. Pretty sure this was the narrative even leading up to the TJD announcement. They have a job to do and trust to maintain. Pretty tough to give real, accurate information, while maintaining trust with the people giving that information

So they are charging money to spread what they know to be lies and disinformation.  I signed up for the Rivals site for one year several years ago and I agree with Mile, everything I got for my dollar was available for free in other places or ended up being flat out wrong.  You are paying to hear unsubstantiated rumors and to get info about 5 minutes before it becomes freely available.

More power to those guys for figuring out how to make a buck though.  I am glad someone does it so that there are places like this to congregate and talk about Indiana.

4 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

I hear you and appreciate the posts back and forth.  If I interpreted it wrong on my end that is my fault.  I just hate the battles back and forth between boards.  Whether it's here or TOS it happens alot and I never get why fans can't appreciate all the sites and info that we get.  It shouldn't be a battle.  People get scared to share anything that way and it shouldn't be that way.  Anyway all good on my end.

Likewise.  I really wasn't looking to start something and apologize if my tone was out of line.

I'm digging into my fantasy world a little bit here:

Romeo calls up KBJ tonight around 7pm, here is how the conversation goes:

Romeo - Hey Keion, I heard you have a big announcement tonight, how are you feeling?

Keion - I am feeling nervous, anxious but excited.  Sorry for the results yesterday.

Romeo - Appreciate it, I hate losing.  I have been debating since yesterdays lose to Ohio St and I wanted to inform you that I would return to IU for one more season for a run in the big dance.

Keion - Are you being serious?  If you truly will stay, I have made my mind up with where I want to attend. 

Romeo - Do what's best for you, that's what I did and it allowed me to stay home and play for the greatest basketball state in the county with INDIANA across my chest. 

Keion(Standing at the podium) - Thanks for attending, I'm going to keep this short and sweet.  I will be staying home and representing IU basketball next season with not only TJD and Armaan Franklin, but Romeo Langford as well! 

Archived