Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

I read something today, but I can't find the stupid link, where Keion said he wanted to make the announcement surrounded by family and teammates because they helped get him here.  Could it be that he asked TJD to come up for it since he was a teammate that played a big role in his improvement on the AAU circuit?  Hope I'm wrong

It could also be that Armaan and TJD will be his teammates after he announces, so they're included in his desire to be surrounded by teammates?  That may be a bit far-fetched idk lol

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is such a weird recruitment. Literally every sign points to IU, except nearly every expert is calling it for UK. I don't know that I've seen one quite like this. Langford was somewhat similar, but even then some experts were sticking with IU. 

I hear ya...and I can't help but believe Keion is getting a tremendous charge out of watching grown men and women all a twitter over it

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is such a weird recruitment. Literally every sign points to IU, except nearly every expert is calling it for UK. I don't know that I've seen one quite like this. Langford was somewhat similar, but even then some experts were sticking with IU. 

Completely agree.  It has happened before that all of the recruiting guys were wrong.  As popular as Zion as right now, I can certainly see them all wanting to have a big surprise like he did.  

The thing about Trayce and Armaan is weird to me.  They both were content to just send out a tweet to announce their commitments, but for Keion they are willing to sit in a car for 5 hours for him to announce UK?  And Keion and Armaan were not really AAU teammates all that much.  

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Actually I’m a realist. 

Which has prevented me from posting 1000 times about how we were going to get Garland and Donovan with no info to substantiate it

You have posted plenty of things that weren't substantiated lol 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I hear ya...and I can't help but believe Keion isn't getting a tremendous charge out of watching grown men and women all a twitter over it

You know he loves it and frankly, he's done a hell of a job with the misdirection.  I know the "consensus" is UK, but I'm sticking with my IU pick until it's time to get into the lifeboats.  So much about IU makes so much sense to me.  As I said earlier, neither will shock me, but only one will mildly disappoint me and cause me to quickly forget a talented Indiana player I've followed with a lot of interest.  Do the right thing, Keion!

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

Completely agree.  It has happened before that all of the recruiting guys were wrong.  As popular as Zion as right now, I can certainly see them all wanting to have a big surprise like he did.  

The thing about Trayce and Armaan is weird to me.  They both were content to just send out a tweet to announce their commitments, but for Keion they are willing to sit in a car for 5 hours for him to announce UK?  And Keion and Armaan were not really AAU teammates all that much.  

Yeah to me Armaan going is an interesting twist.  I mean a close friend like Keion?  I would probably do that for a good friend.  But a high school kid going that far when they aren't even that close.  Just seems fishy to me.

Kudos to TJD/Franklin. Speaks to the character of these 2 young men driving up there when every single service is saying UK. Feel better about these two guys meshing in right away next year. Can't imagine Brooks saying yes please drive up here night before your game TJD and watch me pick Kentucky. I'm actually clueless on this one. 

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

True. It’s interesting to say the least

3 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Yeah to me Armaan going is an interesting twist.  I mean a close friend like Keion?  I would probably do that for a good friend.  But a high school kid going that far when they aren't even that close.  Just seems fishy to me.

I agree, Franklin and KBJ are more acquaintances then I would call good friends(before Franklin started recruiting KBJK if he did).  TJD and Franklin have to seriously think he's an IU lean.  I just don't see someone making the trip if they knew all along he wasn't going to play with them. 

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The fact that TJD and Franklin are going has to be a sign. Has there ever been a recruitment where all the other signees in the class of one of the finalists announced they were attending? It just seems like crazy that Brooks would let them make this trek knowing he was picking a different school. I'm actually surprised none of the experts have switched their picks with this news. 

Just now, BGleas said:

The fact that TJD and Franklin are going has to be a sign. Has there ever been a recruitment where all the other signees in the class of one of the finalists announced they were attending? It just seems like crazy that Brooks would let them make this trek knowing he was picking a different school. I'm actually surprised none of the experts have switched their picks with this news. 

I haven't heard any UK recruits being there so I do think it is a good sign.

1 minute ago, addictedtoIU said:

OK less than 5 hrs before the announcement but no intel. I kind of take it as a bad sign. 

Oh there's been plenty of intel...most of it pointing the wrong direction, at least as far as the expert picks...

...but there's this nagging suspicion with a couple of IU recruits going to great lengths to be there in person for the announcement.🤷‍♂️

I personally prefer the mystery.  I'll be kind of pissed if the decision gets completely out before he gets his time in front of the mic.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I’m not worried about the crystal ball crowd at all. It seems like a lot of these flipped in the last 6-8 weeks. Put yourself in the media’s shoes for a second, and think about it...

-IU recruits him for years....but he doesn’t commit. IU is still a front-runner. 

-IU goes through an ugly losing streak midway through the season.

-Brooks takes visits to Kentucky during it. Brooks sees UK knock off Tennessee.

-UK has a ton of recent momentum, and IU does not.

-his mother complains about fans. Although not directed at anyone in particular, seems to result from IU fans and the losing streak.

-Uk has a top 5 recruiting class each year for the last decade, and IU has not.

-a bunch of other media “experts”  you work with have recently changed their pick to UK. Maybe they are privy to inside info that you are not...

If you’re only casually tracking this recruitment with all the other recruits you’re trying to track, and the Brooks insider circle is very tight-lipped (so you’re sources aren’t giving you much to work with).....who would you choose?

I think your seeing a media group with very little credible information trying to make educated guesses.

I could be dead wrong here, but I think it has been a tossup. I think Brooks knows now, but I don’t think it was an easy decision. I think he made the emotional decision (IU).

Never that I know of.  I could have understood TJD, but Franklin really has me questioning the UK narrative that is out there.  

Me too, but it seems that I remember someone saying the crystal ball was going to lock people in earlier and not let all the last-minute changes happen in the future.  Can they still change their picks?  I don't know...

Archived