Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

His father tried to give hints in the tweets since UK visit.

I don’t like the part where Keion said he has established a great relationship with Cal. Whatever dude.. Cal slipped in the back door with your father when Kentucky missed a couple of five stars. Archie and Tom has established a relationship.

He will be forgotten and possibly recruited over. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sucks.  It's over for Archie I think.  He and Fred are done.

God, you are so smart. The brilliance of your posts is just staggering. I can’t believe that you don’t have a national platform for the 100% on target posts you make. 

I am waiting in anticipation for the next genius statement coming from you 

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Trust me the mob is sharpening the guillotine.  They never wanted Archie in the first place.

dude there is more to this fan base than your idiot friends over at rivals.  why do you think those people over there is the face of this fan base and wat they think is what everybody else thinks.  If you mean that Ffeagh over there he thought Archie was a home run hire when they hired him.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Trust me the mob is sharpening the guillotine.  They never wanted Archie in the first place.

LOL...the mob of what...10-15 crazies on rivals?  Both are staying.  You can take that to the bank.  Archie gets at LEAST a four year cycle.

There lies the disparity between the two programs. Not till IU displays a dominance when it matters the most will these recruiting battles become a mere formality that they choose the Hoosiers. Until then UK and Duke will ultimately cherry pick who they want when they want. Locking down the borders and keeping the in state kids at IU is going to be a little more difficult than Archie thought. 

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

He also said.....

"Coach Cal (John Calipari), it just comes down to him. He has been able to, you know, what he has been able to do is what I want to do: Be a one-and-done and make millions of dollars playing the game of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to do that, playing the game that I love and making money for it?” Brooks told Rivals.com.

I like Keion. But he clearly was not looking to be part.of something.  He made a business decision at 18 years old?

Sorry, I hope the best for him. But he got sold.in being a one and done player and making millions of dollars in a year.

I just do not see that playing out. For his sake, I hope I am wrong. I worry he will regret this decision.

If that is the case then I am glad he went to UK because I don't want a player at IU with that attitude

3 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Are you sure? The BOT is already losing patience. It would be a REAL good idea for Archie, and for Fred, to win pretty big next year.

We are now ..

Nebraska football.

Yeah, I'm confident of that.  Unless he gets caught with a trustee's daughter, Archie gets at LEAST a four-year cycle.  A few anonymous internet crazies doesn't change that.

13 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

So are you saying that letting players play means calling sets?  Because, it is the opposite.  Its the same situation there as here.  Just more talent to run a system like this.

No, what I'm saying is Kentucky's offense isn't as structured as what IU and Archie likes to run. 

Romeo didn't get free reign this year (not that he ever hinted he wanted it) and I, for one, am glad.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I'm confident of that.  Unless he gets caught with a trustee's daughter, Archie gets at LEAST a four-year cycle.  A few anonymous internet crazies doesn't change that.

I’m not gonna pick sides in this argument other than to say if I was Archie, I’d make sure I made the tournament next year or this WILL be a short tenure. 

I'm kind of relieved in a way.  Brooks was obviously never going to stay more than a year, so I'm glad he's not coming here.  It's the opposite of what this team needs right now.  We need to establish some class balance and veteran leadership along with shooting.

I wish Keion well, but I can’t root for any Indiana player that has an offer and shuns IU.  He is just another Wilkes to me at this point.  My guess is Keion will find out he isn’t a one-and-done talent like Wilkes found out.  What could have been with those two...

Archived