Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the fbi probe wouldn't have happened, uk would have been able to continue to pay higher 5 stars, and not have to "settle" for kbj. Funny how that ended up screwing us. Too bad he wasn't able to see that 3 months ago they didn't care about him.

I wish him luck but hope Cal gets kicked out of the ncaa.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

Fair enough;  I just feel like overall in light of his other comments that's more of a platitude of a statement than anything else.  I think this all comes down to the NBA and money, and I think Cal has filled his and his parents' heads with expectations that may be difficult for him to meet that quickly.

That's the way used car salesmen usually operate.

3 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Based on the interviews, I though KBJ was more Romeo than Cardale Jones. He ain't going to Kentucky to play school.

All he has to do is get one semester in,play for one season then he is off to make "millions"...pretty ballsy if you ask me to make such a comment before ever playing a game

8 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I will say I will be interested to see if this choice works out for him.  No ill will I just truly am interested to see if he will meet his expectations.  Going to UK will instantly increase his draft stock I think, which at this time seems to be nonexistent.  Good for him if he thinks he can be a OAD as honestly this is likely the best path for that.  But boy do I think Cal will keep recruiting for next year.  Long term KBs success or failure at UK could help or hurt the next battle for Indiana talent.

This is exactly where I'm at with this. I want him to succeed because he's a good player. But if he fails or doesn't meet expectations, I hope it's all Cal's fault.

Genuinely interested to see how this whole thing turns out for him though. I think CAM put so much work into this recruitment because he doesn't think KBJ is a one-and-done.

We will be fine, CAM is building this the right way and the next two years will show that.

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sucks.  It's over for Archie I think.  He and Fred are done.

Dang you are right. IU basketball is done. Close it down. Assembly Hall should be divided up and made into high end condos. And the kids to other universities and hell, just close the sports department down. But keep the cheerleaders. They can stay. I have never been so embarrassed by this loss of a recruit.  Here is what we should do.  We should cut off our hair and get a face tattoo that says IU players are losers.  You go first.

11 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I would never Tweet at a kid or his mother.

wish Keion well.

BUT:

Can’t help but wonder if the Brooks family didn’t find a strange satisfaction kicking us in the gut after a disheartening season and a horrible loss, with all the IU vitriol and poison that has been spewed on Twitter this season. My point: it’s obvious that these kids’ families and friends read these message boards, so in the future, we should all be mindful of that. I’m somewhat guilty myself. This is about as far away from the feeling I thought that I would be feeling regarding IU basketball at this time, when this season began. Nevertheless, GOIU

It never helps I’m sure but nobody is going to convince me that this wasn’t anything less than a business decision to better him and his family.  Kentucky fans talk crap when things go wrong more than anybody. It was about best route to be wealthy. Simple as that.

Just now, cybergates said:

Only thing I'm going to say is this: 

It may sound like for grapes but give me two guys willing to drive 5 to 6 hours to support a friend's announcement over a guy who chooses not to play with them for a coach who has vacated two final fours

Well if those two already knew he was going to pick UK and still went that upsets me

Just now, HoosierSadaseci said:

Why are people wishing him the best of luck...hello, he's going to Kentucky!   We don't want to wish them well. 

Not here. I can't wait to check in on him, his Dad, Sarita, and a couple others in 2-3 years. I'all ask them how the bus from Ft Wayne to Detroit is going. Can't believed he said millions in his presser. If I knew that I wouldn't have wanted this kid one time.

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

Dang you are right. IU basketball is done. Close it down. Assembly Hall should be divided up and made into high end condos. And the kids to other universities and hell, just close the sports department down. But keep the cheerleaders. They can stay. I have never been so embarrassed by this loss of a recruit.  Here is what we should do.  We should cut off our hair and get a face tattoo that says IU players are losers.  You go first.

And all this over a kid who chose to go to another school.  Imagine that. 

Honest truth...I can't remember the kid's name from Arsenal Tech who went and played at Kentucky...Trey Lyles...there it is.

Just goes to show how easily forgotten are the Indiana guys who go out of state to play college ball.  I genuinely struggled to remember them.  I really liked Brooks...he was a likable kid, but I'd be lying if I said I hoped he did well at Kentucky.  As much as I don't wish him ill, I also don't wish him great success at that cesspool.  I'll wish him well as a pro, but by then, I'll likely have trouble remembering his name.😂

2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I am ripping my clothes and throwing dirt in my face as I type this 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if those two already knew he was going to pick UK and still went that upsets me

Why? They were supporting their friend.

I don't think ill of them at all for that. Matter of fact, I admire the fact their friendship trumped their own wishes.

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

It was about best route to be wealthy. Simple as that.

Obviously he thinks that, but I'm not at all convinced the data backs that up.  A lot of the examples examined here would very much cause me to question that hypothesis.

Archived