Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

33 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sucks.  It's over for Archie I think.  He and Fred are done.

Yup,I hope its over for both of them, I mean it would be dumb to waste another Dollar on recruiting KB when they could be spending it towards another recruit who wants to wear INDIANA across their chest

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all honestly. It isn’t all doom and gloom. It’s sort of reality. We aren’t what we use to be. This year was a disappointment.  We have two good players coming in. Neither are as good as what we are losing (juwan and Romeo). We will struggle again next year to be middle of the pack. Hunter being a wild card. But nothing I’ve seen this year really gives me a ton of optimism. I’m not gonna stop being a fan obviously and will still root as hard as ever. But call a spade a spade. Our history means nothing to some of the kids. They want results. And we don’t have them. I don’t think Archie is a bad coach. But this year didn’t do anything for me to think he is the long term answer either. A starting lineup of Rob devante (al) hunter smith and TJD isn’t gonna get us better than middle of the pack big ten. Just my opinion but that’s how I see it. Brooks wasn’t gonna make us top 10. But top 5 in the big ten from 7-8 maybe. We have a long way to go.  

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not here. I can't wait to check in on him, his Dad, Sarita, and a couple others in 2-3 years. I'all ask them how the bus from Ft Wayne to Detroit is going. Can't believed he said millions in his presser. If I knew that I wouldn't have wanted this kid one time.

I missed the announcement and am just catching up. What did he say about millions?

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

BHonest truth...I can't remember the kid's name from Arsenal Tech who went and played at Kentucky...Trey Lyles...there it is.

Just goes to show how easily forgotten are the Indiana guys who go out of state to play college ball.  I genuinely struggled to remember them.  I really liked Brooks...he was a likable kid, but I'd be lying if I said I hoped he did well at Kentucky.  As much as I don't wish him ill, I also don't wish him great success at that cesspool.  I'll wish him well as a pro, but by then, I'll likely have trouble remembering his name.😂

I liked to know if this was more a KB decision or was it more his families decision.

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

Yes! Sack cloth and ritual beatings! Human sacrifices! Total destruction of the campus.  I think I heard that they are rioting in Dunn Meadow! Pitchforks and torches for all!   

The walls of Assembly Hall have collapsed upon themselves and the curtains in the Student Union have been rendered into shreds 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Why? They were supporting their friend.

I don't think ill of them at all for that. Matter of fact, I admire the fact their friendship trumped their own wishes.

...shows you the character those two boys have....Ohhh yeah, they are both MILLER recruits. Those are the kind of players he is going after. You win some you loose some. Archie will get his recruits, obviously Brooks was not one of them.

I'd like to add, now that the Brooks' are part of the UK "family" I'm sure they'll be paying close attention to social media and message boards and I hope they enjoy what they read when UK is eventually bounced out of the tournament...IU fans are rank amateurs at over reacting compared to that lot.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think ill of them at all for that. Matter of fact, I admire the fact their friendship trumped their own wishes.

I guess I am to competitive or not good as a friend but no way  I would drive 3 hours to see him commit to another school.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not here. I can't wait to check in on him, his Dad, Sarita, and a couple others in 2-3 years. I'all ask them how the bus from Ft Wayne to Detroit is going. Can't believed he said millions in his presser. If I knew that I wouldn't have wanted this kid one time.

Surprised me as well that he spoke openly of making millions in the NBA.  Even at his current level, he should know that the competition is fierce and a lot can go wrong in trying to make the dream real.  Doesn't mean I didn't want him, but an immature statement like that and choosing a school I detest knocks Keion down a couple of notches in my level of respect.  I hope he gets to the NBA while contributing almost nothing to UK and regretting his decision to play for that scumbag, if that's all possible. 😂

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Trust me the mob is sharpening the guillotine.  They never wanted Archie in the first place.

Sucks not landing Brooks, but I'm just going to say this. I wish Brooks the very best on a healthy career.

I equally wish he sees as few wins as humanly possible at pUKe and IU goes off to show him the "error" of his ways when it;s too late! ;) 

Don't let the door hit ya in the arse-Kei on the way out! 

I will say that based off of his recent comments during the interview that he may not be exactly what Archie wants in a player. If you truly want to build a contender you certainly don’t want to many players that are using it as a one year steppingstone. Very rarely do you get classes that are the likes of what Duke has this year. You need the guys who’s time is invested winning a championship and not just improving draft stock. 

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'd like to add, now that the Brooks' are part of the UK "family" I'm sure they'll be paying close attention to social media and message boards and I hope they enjoy what they read when UK is eventually bounced out of the tournament...IU fans are rank amateurs at over reacting compared to that lot.

Or how they threaten refs after they lose in the tournament

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

In all honestly. It isn’t all doom and gloom. It’s sort of reality. We aren’t what we use to be. This year was a disappointment.  We have two good players coming in. Neither are as good as what we are losing (juwan and Romeo). We will struggle again next year to be middle of the pack. Hunter being a wild card. But nothing I’ve seen this year really gives me a ton of optimism. I’m not gonna stop being a fan obviously and will still root as hard as ever. But call a spade a spade. Our history means nothing to some of the kids. They want results. And we don’t have them. I don’t think Archie is a bad coach. But this year didn’t do anything for me to think he is the long term answer either. A starting lineup of Rob devante (al) hunter smith and TJD isn’t gonna get us better than middle of the pack big ten. Just my opinion but that’s how I see it. Brooks wasn’t gonna make us top 10. But top 5 in the big ten from 7-8 maybe. We have a long way to go.  

So much truth in this statement, nicely done.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's above and beyond as a friend. Those two are the kind of teammates we want at IU. Keion and his family obviously have very different aspirations. Not what we need to build our program. 

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Surprised me as well that he spoke openly of making millions in the NBA.  Even at his current level, he should know that the competition is fierce and a lot can go wrong in trying to make the dream real.  Doesn't mean I didn't want him, but an immature statement like that and choosing a school I detest knocks Keion down a couple of notches in my level of respect.  I hope he gets to the NBA while contributing almost nothing to UK and regretting his decision to play for that scumbag, if that's all possible. 😂

Current statistics:

3 in 10,000 high school seniors make it to the NBA

Between 1-2 % of all college players make it.

Hope for your sake Keion that you are a 1 percenter

CAM misses on a recruit, what's his name?  Anyway, CAM landed 2 of 3 five stars just from Indiana in 2 years.  People are already questioning his ability to lock down the borders?  Let's not look at getting recruiting victories in the last two 5 star battles.  Let's forget gold jersey winner and 100% crystal balled Jerome Hunter to go to Ohio State.  Drop Rob Phinisee from Toiletmaker land coming to IU.  Forget every recruiting victory because today stings and there is no outlet with the season ending in disappointment.  It fits the narrative. Question CAM and Schilling, sure, but....

The level of dumb.....

Be reasonable.  I don't get it other than maturity levels being off.

Probably not going to talk any sense into a brick wall, but it needs to be tried.

4 minutes ago, azhoosier said:

I will say that based off of his recent comments during the interview that he may not be exactly what Archie wants in a player. If you truly want to build a contender you certainly don’t want to many players that are using it as a one year steppingstone. Very rarely do you get classes that are the likes of what Duke has this year. You need the guys who’s time is invested winning a championship and not just improving draft stock. 

Not sure about Archie..... However.... I am so much with you here.  Give me a guy who gives his heart to dear old IU for four years, versus one who uses IU as a stepping stone.

3 minutes ago, azhoosier said:

Speaking of Romeo....during his IU announcement, .....not one time did he mention making millions or money for that matter. It was very well known that Romeo and family held education at a very high level and still do.

3 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

If Don Fischer is right, I'll take Jerome Hunter over KBJ any day of the week! And I trust Don Fischer!

If Jerome Hunter can get beyond his medical issues and get back to full health, I think we'll all be thrilled.  Not only for what it may mean to the team but for him personally.

Archived