Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

If Jerome Hunter can get beyond his medical issues and get back to full health, I think we'll all be thrilled.  Not only for what it may mean to the team but for him personally.

Having a healthy Jerome Hunter next year is just like picking up a new 5 star recruit ....He is that good!!!

3 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

CAM misses on a recruit, what's his name?  Anyway, CAM landed 2 of 3 five stars just from Indiana in 2 years.  People are already questioning his ability to lock down the borders?  Let's not look at getting recruiting victories in the last two 5 star battles.  Let's forget gold jersey winner and 100% crystal balled Jerome Hunter to go to Ohio State.  Drop Rob Phinisee from Toiletmaker land coming to IU.  Forget every recruiting victory because today stings and there is no outlet with the season ending in disappointment.  It fits the narrative. Question CAM and Schilling, sure, but....

The level of dumb.....

Be reasonable.  I don't get it other than maturity levels being off.

Probably not going to talk any sense into a brick wall, but it needs to be tried.

This recruitment has nothing to do with Millers future. Nothing. However the results on the court do. That’s all I’m going to say. 

It's always accused of being sour grapes, but if making millions in the NBA after one year in college is Keion's dream, he really isn't the fit that we thought he was for the program.  I'm sure Archie is disappointed in not getting Keion, but I have to wonder what he thinks after hearing Keion's goals, which don't at all align with creating a successful college program?  There's probably at least a part of him thinking "if that's what he wants out of college, it's probably just as well he went to Kentucky."

Archie wants for his team to get older and stay older.  A bunch of Keions chomping at the bit to get to the NBA after a year at IU is not going to accomplish that goal.  We may very well look back at this decision and realize that Keion did IU a favor since his personal goals are at odds with the goals of a healthy IU basketball program.  I hope Keion has good health and personal success, but the team sucks.  I'm so conflicted saying anything positive about a UK recruit!

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

In all honestly. It isn’t all doom and gloom. It’s sort of reality. We aren’t what we use to be. This year was a disappointment.  We have two good players coming in. Neither are as good as what we are losing (juwan and Romeo). We will struggle again next year to be middle of the pack. Hunter being a wild card. But nothing I’ve seen this year really gives me a ton of optimism. I’m not gonna stop being a fan obviously and will still root as hard as ever. But call a spade a spade. Our history means nothing to some of the kids. They want results. And we don’t have them. I don’t think Archie is a bad coach. But this year didn’t do anything for me to think he is the long term answer either. A starting lineup of Rob devante (al) hunter smith and TJD isn’t gonna get us better than middle of the pack big ten. Just my opinion but that’s how I see it. Brooks wasn’t gonna make us top 10. But top 5 in the big ten from 7-8 maybe. We have a long way to go.  

This. Archie isn't a bad coach but he doesn't move the needle.

We don't have results. Especially when it counts.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Speaking of Romeo....during his IU announcement, .....not one time did he mention making millions or money for that matter. It was very well known that Romeo and family held education at a very high level and still do.

I dont think I have ever heard a recruit talk about making Millions nor have I ever heard a dad saying thank you for doing this. Strange presser.

7 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

If Jerome Hunter can get beyond his medical issues and get back to full health, I think we'll all be thrilled.  Not only for what it may mean to the team but for him personally.

DD said watching him at practice he thought Hunter could be an All American

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not sure about Archie..... However.... I am so much with you here.  Give me a guy who gives his heart to dear old IU for four years, versus one who uses IU as a stepping stone.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t like to have Keion’s talent on the roster but it is why someone like Rob Phinisee can have a much greater impact over the course of his career. Give me four years of Mr Phinisee over one year of KBJ.

1 minute ago, Long Duk Dong said:

This. Archie isn't a bad coach but he doesn't move the needle.

We don't have results. Especially when it counts.

Who the heck moves the needle dong?  Billy Donovan...Brad Stevens?  Let's call Greg Popovich and give him an offer he cant refuse... 

Archie can coach, let's not get our peckers in a knot.

If a kid wants to go to Kentucky, so be it. We have a roster that is slowly but surely being built by Archie. If fans can't notice the rebuild, I'm sorry. 

We have TJD, And Franklin coming in. A solid Davis. A solid group. We may have a roster change in transfer. I just don't get the doom and gloom. 

Good for you and good luck KBJ!! I wish you the best!!

On a related note, our coaches need to stop being friends with Calipari.  This is another "friend" that he has swooped in and took a player from.  First one was Lyles.  Kid was committed to IU and Crean's good pal Cal swoopes in and took him. 

And now family friend Cal swoops in late and grabs a guy we spent almost 2 years working on.

Dear IU coaches, that pompous, cheating $%^^$#/ in Lexington is the enemy.  Treat him as such.

IU fanbase leveraged for hype again... Most consistent aspect of the program at this point.  Really can’t blame him for picking UK... Hard to compete with what they offer when just making the tournament will be an uphill climb for IU.  1-12 stretch with highly questionable offensive play probably did us in.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

On a related note, our coaches need to stop being friends with Calipari.  This is another "friend" that he has swooped in and took a player from.  First one was Lyles.  Kid was committed to IU and Crean's good pal Cal swoopes in and took him. 

And now family friend Cal swoops in late and grabs a guy we spent almost 2 years working on.

Dear IU coaches, that pompous, cheating $%^^$#/ in Lexington is the enemy.  Treat him as such.

Bruiser and Ed were both on his staff previously.  I said before that this was a big mistake.

Archived