Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JEFFVETTE said:

Did anyone really think he was going to Indiana?

I did, but I based my opinion on what he said last fall and from a couple of local news interviews. He didn't mention his sole priority was making millions in 2 years. Jokes on me I guess! Give me players who want to come to IU to build something special. KBJ is going to Lexington for 9 months to go to a couple of easy freshman courses for a semester and pray he doesn't get hurt. 

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

He may think he is a OAD, and he can prove us wrong, but I never thought he fit thenprofile of a UK player....until that presser and it all made sense

I need to watch the presser,  but me personally. I never thought he was going to IU.

Just now, GoshenFan84 said:

I did, but I based my opinion on what he said last fall and from a couple of local news interviews. He didn't mention his sole priority was making millions in 2 years. Jokes on me I guess! Give me players who want to come to IU to build something special. KBJ is going to Lexington for 9 months to go to a couple of easy freshman courses for a semester and pray he doesn't get hurt. 

I would have liked for KB to come here but once he decided to go to prep school it kind of put a red flag up to me.  I also did not like the fact that he quit on his high school team in his junior year and then came back.  The games I saw him play his junior year I was not that impressed but he did improve a lot over the summer.  I just want to know what could have change from when he said to Romeo why go elsewhere when you can do everything you want at IU.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would have liked for KB to come here but once he decided to go to prep school it kind of put a red flag up to me.  I also did not like the fact that he quit on his high school team in his junior year and then came back.  The games I saw him play his junior year I was not that impressed but he did improve a lot over the summer.  I just want to know what could have change from when he said to Romeo why go elsewhere when you can do everything you want at IU.

The 2018_19 season happened

How about this. IF he's a OAD, that's cool.  But if you look at IU and UK roster, he's better fit at UK.

IU  is trying to build for the future. Calipari has established himself. 

The two programs are in different places. They're doing good in perspective. 

He's going to follow his dream and UK has him,  but it isn't the worst thing that could happen to IU!!

I believe Archie is building a roster and KBJ is going to do whatever,  because he can! This is a win for KBJ! Great! It's not a loss for either school!

Going to pay a compliment to CoachSS here. Couple months back he mentioned (I'm paraphrasing) that Archie isn't going to follow the OAD approach. He would follow the Beilein approach to things. Not saying he wouldn't go after the 5 star guys but not the absolute OAD guys. Given the comments from KB Jr and his Dad maybe this was a good miss? Yes. I know what that sounds like. Kind of happy we don't have 5 star in state guys in 2020. Just go get hoops players. No pressure on recruiting until Lander. 

I liked Brooks’ game a lot. He’s got a certain skill set in a small forward we’ve not seen in a long time.  I would have loved to get him considering he’s from Indiana. 

I’m not going to be a baby about it.  He’s free to go where he wants. It is what it is. IU has no entitlement over him. 

I spend my time thinking about IU players or others in the conference. He’s off my radar, albeit with no ill will.  I’m pretty provincial and do like home state kids.  

Romeo, on the other hand, came to IU of his own free will and is one of ours permanently.

14 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I disagree. It would be one thing if he said something along the lines of "I want to win a national championship and UK is my best chance". Instead, he said "I want to be a OAD and make millions."

This is all you need to know about Keions intentions. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Keion, but not if his main focus is publicly proclaiming his goal to be OAD AND making millions.....Good grief, that is such a turn off!!!

Could you imagine bringing those things up to a potential employer at an interview?

It has been well documented that Cal does not develop NBA players. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going to pay a compliment to CoachSS here. Couple months back he mentioned (I'm paraphrasing) that Archie isn't going to follow the OAD approach. He would follow the Beilein approach to things. Not saying he wouldn't go after the 5 star guys but not the absolute OAD guys. Given the comments from KB Jr and his Dad maybe this was a good miss? Yes. I know what that sounds like. Kind of happy we don't have 5 star in state guys in 2020. Just go get hoops players. No pressure on recruiting until Lander. 

A good miss for those of us that hate the oad player. But not a good miss for a coach trying to lock down his state and win games.

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is all you need to know about Keions intentions. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Keion, but not if his main focus is publicly proclaiming his goal to be OAD AND makomg millions.....Good grief, that is such a turn off.

Could you imagine bring up those things to a potential employer at an interview?

It has been well documented that Cal does not develop NBA players. 

There is 0 team in this kid, 0. Left his high school and can only talk about being oad and making money. I'm glad he went to UK.

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve been at a comedy show. I’m here to eat crow. I really thought Keion would be a Hoosier. Just a bad couple of days

Your only failing is maybe being a bit too optimistic - you never represented yourself as having inside info or that your opinion was inarguable.  Crow not needed.

Archived