Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont think I have ever heard a recruit talk about making Millions nor have I ever heard a dad saying thank you for doing this. Strange presser.

This recruitment was strange.  KBJ seemed to be all about the money.  No one I would really want especially when building a program as CAM is.Reminds me of how Wilkes played us.  And with Dad's bazaar comments begins to have vibes of Lavall Ball.  As I stated earlier, would like to have him but missing is not that big a deal.  This team DESPARATELY needs shooters NOW.   KBJ did not help in that regard.  Glad to have a scholly available to fit that need.  And no I am not wishing him well.  HE CHOSE pUKe.  He is anathema to me.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Indykev said:

A good miss for those of us that hate the oad player. But not a good miss for a coach trying to lock down his state and win games.

We got Romeo and TJD. We're 2-3. 66% on 5 stars since he took over the operation. Isn't that better than the prior 25 years???

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully... and I said this.... as soon as he went to LaLu my interest wasnt nearly as high. 

Actually I said it before he went to LaLu...when he didn't travel with Northside to a game in Elkhart.  The signs were there.  Anybody remember that?

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Only thing I'm going to say is this: 

It may sound like for grapes but give me two guys willing to drive 5 to 6 hours to support a friend's announcement over a guy who chooses not to play with them for a coach who has vacated two final fours

I would NEVER let my friend do that.  Ever.  That is SELFISH beyond reason.   He will fit in perfectly at UK with the $$$ and the me.

So glad we have TJD.  What a stellar young man.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully... and I said this.... as soon as he went to LaLu my interest wasnt nearly as high. 

That was a red flag we all so greatly wanted to ignore.  

Kev is on the money too.  Clear hindsight is saying, this in not they type of player to build a program with.  

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Surprised me as well that he spoke openly of making millions in the NBA.  Even at his current level, he should know that the competition is fierce and a lot can go wrong in trying to make the dream real.  Doesn't mean I didn't want him, but an immature statement like that and choosing a school I detest knocks Keion down a couple of notches in my level of respect.  I hope he gets to the NBA while contributing almost nothing to UK and regretting his decision to play for that scumbag, if that's all possible. 😂

I hope he bags my groceries. A noble profession.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That was a red flag we all so greatly wanted to ignore.  

Kev is on the money too.  Clear hindsight is saying, this in not they type of player to build a program with.  

Some of us said this long before tonight

Sadly, buyers remorse will set in 2 years from now when he is still coming off the bench. He will be a second thought to the starters at Kentucky and forgotten about in Indiana. Missed opportunity on his part. UNC and MSU were better "business" decisions. 

1 hour ago, JEFFVETTE said:

He's not the end all be all. I wish him well! We have a great roster next year. Anyone banking on him being the savior is wrong. 

He did the best for him. He's the next Tre Lyles. Indiana moves on!

COME on....it was never about him being the ala

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I dont think I have ever heard a recruit talk about making Millions nor have I ever heard a dad saying thank you for doing this. Strange presser.

I REALLY WANTED KBJ.....and him picking Kentucky huft...but I am NOT kidding.  I am now glad he is not a HOOSIER.  Him and CAL are  perfect fit. 

2 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

In what I thought was going to be a fun March, it went the complete opposite way. No NCAA. No Keion. And I'm sure Romeo is gone too. 

I will still look forward to Thursday and Friday and will still be taking those days off to watch the tournament

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Let me respond by saying that I let my emotions take the best of me...CAM is the answer. Please have faith. He is so much more than CTC (that is all I will say)

I’m with you on that.  CAM will build this thing.  Also nothing pisses me off more than an Indiana kid going to Kentucky.  I would rather them go to Purdue.  

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I couldn’t listen to the interview.    Do I have this right, he openly mentioned being a one and done?

yes but what is funny he is not on any 2020 mock drafts and UK has a 5 star SF who is considered a top 10 pick that will play in front of him.

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I couldn’t listen to the interview.    Do I have this right, he openly mentioned being a one and done?

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/kentucky-lands-another-2019-five-star-player-in-keion-brooks

Coach Cal (John Calipari), it just comes down to him. He has been able to, you know, what he has been able to do is what I want to do: Be a one-and-done and make millions of dollars playing the game of basketball.

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We got Romeo and TJD. We're 2-3. 66% on 5 stars since he took over the operation. Isn't that better than the prior 25 years???

I maybe worded that wrong. We might not of wanted him after watching that presser but trust me CAM did. No blame to Archie.

Archived