Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

.i don’t get what’s so hard for people to understand.  If his parents can’t figure it out, get a grandparent or uncle or aunt or coach. Stay the bleep away from the rif raf on twitter and stick to what you see in the real world, which I’d imagine is exceptionally good for a kid like Keion.  

Or get a cusin, they have lots of cusins, just sayin'...….

1 hour ago, INDenizen said:

The great thing about twitter is that if you don't pay attention to it, you can totally forget it exists. Too many people are addicted to it and social media in general.

No matter what you are passionate about in life...sports, hobbies, politics, religion...there will someone on Twitter ready to knock the chair out from under you and your opinion. And usually in way they couldn't if you were standing face to face.

I do have a twitter account, but only use it to pull in the info I'm wanting to keep track of. These parents of high profile youth need to step away from it as that meat grinder is going to continue to grind.

I'm similar...rarely tweet, follow 50 (mostly IU basketball) and check on average once a week (yesterday definitely above average).  I follow Armaan and TJD but unfollowed KJB after yesterday (since I obviously don't care anymore).  For the most part, Twitter is ridiculous, but I highly recommend @WhoaInteresting

Once I’m back from spring break all my Brooks catsup will be in the trash along with my Brooks chili beans.  Kroger beans and Heinz ketchup from now on.  All my Brooks brothers clothing will be going to good will.  The thought of keeping them makes me feel dirty, similar to most things associated with UK.  Time to switch to Men’s Warehouse I guess 😂

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Even on Twitter, 99/100 of the tweets directed at Keion and his family were overwhelmingly positive... They’re going out of their way to focus on the 1% that weren’t.  Franklin chimed in about that specific tweet as well, and TJD did the same thing during his recruitment.  Doesn’t make them bad people or justify the negative comments, but TJD, Franklin, Brooks, and their families obviously love the drama.

I wouldn't say 'love the drama' as much as I would say desire to seek acceptance/approval of those likely never to give it.

Agree that it's drama that doesn't need fed and should be left to starve.

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Once I’m back from spring break all my Brooks catsup will be in the trash along with my Brooks chili beans.  Kroger beans and Heinz ketchup from now on.  All my Brooks brothers clothing will be going to good will.  The thought of keeping them makes me feel dirty, similar to most things associated with UK.  Time to switch to Men’s Warehouse I guess 😂

Like I said earlier in this thread I am a Heinz Ketchup guy

47 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

John Calipari sure coached the team to a win today........ wait they just lost to Tennessee!  🤷🏼‍♂️ Careful what you wish for Keion. 

And if Mom and Dad are worried about abuse from a fanbase, they need to head over to Rupp Rafters and watch the idiots over there perform. Brutal.

Kid makes a bad play in a loss and they come unhinged. 

24 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

John Calipari sure coached the team to a win today........ wait they just lost to Tennessee!  🤷🏼‍♂️ Careful what you wish for Keion. 

I watch their teams and the only ones I see leaving after this year is Johnson and Washington so I don't see how Keion will get a lot of minutes. They will have Herro at the 2 and have a top 10 SF player and Montgomery will be the 4.

13 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Recruiting rankings according to ESPN:

UK roster:

Reid Travis: 5 Star

PJ Washington:5 Star

Keldon Johnson: 5 Star

Ashton Haagans: 5 Star

EJ Montgomery: 5 Star

Immanuel Quickly: 5 Star

Tyler Herro: 4 Star, (top 30)

Nick Richards: 5 Star

Tennesse:

Grant Williams: 4 Star

Admiral Schofield: 3 Star

Lamonte Turner: 4 Star

Jordan Bone: Not ranked

Kyle Alexander: Not ranked

Jordan Bowden: Not ranked

John Fulkerson: Not ranked

But yea, keep telling me how good Cal is with player development...

15 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Recruiting rankings according to ESPN:

UK roster:

Reid Travis: 5 Star

PJ Washington:5 Star

Keldon Johnson: 5 Star

Ashton Haagans: 5 Star

EJ Montgomery: 5 Star

Immanuel Quickly: 5 Star

Tyler Herro: 4 Star, (top 30)

Nick Richards: 5 Star

Tennesse:

Grant Williams: 4 Star

Admiral Schofield: 3 Star

Lamonte Turner: 4 Star

Jordan Bone: Not ranked

Kyle Alexander: Not ranked

Jordan Bowden: Not ranked

John Fulkerson: Not ranked

But yea, keep telling me how good Cal is with player development...

Like I said in another post that UT did not have any player ranked in the top in their class and Schoefield was not in the top 200.  I saw those ranking the last time UK and UT played.

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Keion needs to stop engaging with the rif raf on twitter.  You get a distorted view of the world over there.  I’m serious. It’s like salacious mind candy for him.  

We all function in the real world. Most people are good and are just doing their level best trying to  live good lives. If you watched twitter, you’d think people do nothing but hate each other, get violent, make threats, and wish you harm.

i don’t get what’s so hard for people to understand.  If his parents can’t figure it out, get a grandparent or uncle or aunt or coach. Stay the bleep away from the rif raf on twitter and stick to what you see in the real world, which I’d imagine is exceptionally good for a kid like Keion.  

Agree 100%. You can always find baffoons on social media, especially if you look for them. These athletes need to either stay off, or accept the fact that there will be morons saying dumb things.

One final thought from me on KB recruitment. I know we had some crazies tweeting things to family,etc....but I did want to take issue with one thing as well. The reason I like this site so much is content/adult conversations and price.

I take a little issue with some of the others who cover IU (no need to name all of them) lecturing us or fans about how we're supposed to act or how it's creepy to tweet 18 and 19 year olds.....yet their very existence and income is based on texting/messaging these kids since they are 14 for the story or recruiting updates or can they disclose leaders,etc....that sort of "moral high ground" I can do without. I don't need to be lectured by some of these guys. 

That is all. 

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One final thought from me on KB recruitment. I know we had some crazies tweeting things to family,etc....but I did want to take issue with one thing as well. The reason I like this site so much is content/adult conversations and price.

I take a little issue with some of the others who cover IU (no need to name all of them) lecturing us or fans about how we're supposed to act or how it's creepy to tweet 18 and 19 year olds.....yet their very existence and income is based on texting/messaging these kids since they are 14 for the story or recruiting updates or can they disclose leaders,etc....that sort of "moral high ground" I can do without. I don't need to be lectured by some of these guys. 

That is all. 

There should be a super like button.  You win the comments for the day.  

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

There should be a super like button.  You win the comments for the day.  

Just something I wanted to say. We're very lucky as fans to have a school/sport where there's so much attention and followers that we have 4-5 platforms or sites....but if I were a couple of those guys (especially those closely associated to this announcement) I'd back off some of the criticisms of the very fans who allow you to make your car payments each month. Just my 2 cents. 

• 1 month later...

So Juzang kid who was a top 15 in 2020 is reclassifying to 2019 class and UK insiders saying he already verbally committed to Cal and will announce next week after his visit to Lexington. 6’7 wing...now UK has Whitney, Allen, Juzang, possibly EJ Montgomery coming back all playing positions Brooks plays...UK fans already saying Brooks will get buried on the bench....you think he will have buyers remorse??

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So Juzang kid who was a top 15 in 2020 is reclassifying to 2019 class and UK insiders saying he already verbally committed to Cal and will announce next week after his visit to Lexington. 6’7 wing...now UK has Whitney, Allen, Juzang, possibly EJ Montgomery coming back all playing positions Brooks plays...UK fans already saying Brooks will get buried on the bench....you think he will have buyers remorse??

Did he Brooks ever sign a LOI? I know he didn’t back when he committed. 

Archived