Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Cool pic of Archie watching Keon. You can watch Keon play Carroll tonight on summitcitysports.com. Carroll actually beat North Side earlier this year. So many great games to watch tonight. Cool to be able to stream them all.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.07.59 AM.png

Look at the old lady in front of the coach. She's dead serious. 

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Izzo/Fife and Patrick Ewing are in Logansport as well for Brooks Jr.

Patrick Ewing?!!!  BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Patrick...you are wasting your time in Indiana. Folks here don't care if you were a Knicks legend. They just know you can't coach.

...and !=%%$^@#&*$, Izzo...get off my lawn!!!

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ditto for Izzo!! How is he able to keep his job after their fiasco??

I think this may be his last year. If it isn't, it's a shame. 

MSU is pretty much sending the message to the world that they have no moral compass between the sexual assault stuff and playing Miles Bridges who will likely end up being ruled ineligible. 

On 3/10/2018 at 11:36 AM, IU Scott said:

Watched the second half and was not real impressed with him.  He seems to have a little bit of Howlowell in him where he just coast along during the game.

Watched the whole AM game and thought the same thing. Didn't help that some of his teammates seemed like they wanted to get their own instead of get him the ball or play as a team.

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

Watched the whole AM game and thought the same thing. Didn't help that some of his teammates seemed like they wanted to get their own instead of get him the ball or play as a team.

I think he just needs to demand the ball more. I personally am not a huge fan of how his team is coached. He should be averaging near 25 points a game if you ask me. He definitely needs to be more aggressive but I think he would be a very good complementary piece to any team. He's got range. 

8 hours ago, cybergates said:

I watched the whole game also and took a little bit of something different from the game.  I thought Zionsville did a really good job in their zone of slowing the game down and keying on Brooks.  Maybe he could have been more assertive, but I also liked that he was patient and didn't force things.  He didn't play selfish ball.  I always thought Hollowell looked disinterested.  I didn't see a disinterested kid in Brooks.  To me, there wasn't any doubt who the best player on the floor was.  That 22' 3 pointer he hit in the fourth with North down was big time.  I guess I thought I saw a really talented kid play smart, disciplined basketball and let the game come to him instead of being Troy Williams and forcing everything.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I like Keion, but of our primary targets, he's the one than concerns me the most mentally. That mid-season off the team/back on the team thing was a yellow flag for me.  Might not have been his fault, but it definitely gave me pause.

I also worry about players that slide down the rankings as their high school career goes on. Call it the “Hanner effect”. 

Archived