Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Calling Stewart an Indiana kid is kind of a stretch btw

Correct. We can't say when a LaLu kid goes elsewhere he isn't homegrown...and vice versa. I've given up on the whole Indiana kid thing. Kids who seek us out. They are Hoosiers. Born in the state or not. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. I guess I thought he was going elsewhere. I said it after Romeo said yes...but if any of these scenarios happen?? Would be nice to feel like Duke and Kentucky for one recruiting class.

He may go elsewhere but we are in the thick of it with him.  By no means is he an IU lean or anything, but he’s strongly considering IU.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I didn’t say for sure that Romeo is staying two years. However, I don’t think it’s far fetched

It's pretty far fetched. Barring an abysmal season, he's going pro. Will he be hesitant to come back if his draft stock plummets? No. But hes going pro barring craziness

9 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If we got TJD, Stewart, and Brooks and it’s high on romeos list to win a national title, returning for a 2nd year would be a very great possibility with that group along with the others returning 

If that would happen then it would be tough to find a lineup to keep everyone happy and it would also mean one players would have to leave.

PG- Green/RP

2G- Romeo\Durham

SF- Hunter/Brooks

PF- TJD/Smith

C-  Stewart/Forrestor

That would leave players like Anderson, Thompson on the bench and Davis and Moore as well.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If that would happen then it would be tough to find a lineup to keep everyone happy and it would also mean one players would have to leave.

PG- Green/RP

2G- Romeo\Durham

SF- Hunter/Brooks

PF- TJD/Smith

C-  Stewart/Forrestor

That would leave players like Anderson, Thompson on the bench and Davis and Moore as well.

Good point @IU Scott, it would be hard finding minutes for a few players.  Anderson and Thompson IMO are too good to not receive a good amount of minutes.  

I've been super busy lately and haven't had the time to check in for a few weeks. It's refreshing to log in to all this good energy regarding Brooks. I've got to admit that the Stewart news kind of shocked me as. Seemed like all the energy there was going toward NOVA.

TJD, Brooks, and Stewart would be an insane haul. If I had to chose a fourth then I'd like Newman or a lights out shooter at the guard position as a grad transfer.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

PG- Green/RP

2G- Romeo\Durham

SF- Hunter/Brooks

PF- TJD/Smith

C-  Stewart/Forrestor

I could see Smith possibly leaving early if he has a big season too, then Davis or Moore transferring.  I can't really see us getting Stewart, and that puts TJD in the 5 spot with more room for Anderson and Thompson.  I think this all works out.

Archived