Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm hopeful that he and his family aren't in the same situation that most kids that are going to La Lu that we've seen from others. It's well known that La Lu has incentivized ($$) kids to go there....and to me what that does is signal to runners and agents and others behind the scenes is that kids that are there can be bought. Not saying all or most but to me it increases the pressure these families and kids are under when they get a giant bullseye on their back when they go to that type of school. So to me that makes these Indiana kids more suseptable to being influenced to go out of the state and play at programs that aren't afraid to grease the wheels if you catch my drift. Thankfully I don't see Keion and his family having that issue...can the same be said about the Stewarts and Ramsey's and others that end up at these schools...one only hopes. Bowen alone has shown how shady these schools are and we've all said it privately for years...it's why it leaves a bad taste in so many people's mouth when kids leave their high schools to go this route...they kind of go all Hollywood....well you might have a better chance to make it big in Hollywood but there are a ton of pitfalls there as well...especially to poor families that can be exploited. I'm just glad that I don't think the Brooks are a family that should be an issue with...however I can't say when kids go there it makes me feel better for our chances.

A couple of years ago La Lumiere had a big 7 footer who went to Creighton and their name has been brought up in the Bowen case.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Another one that is a lock from what I’m told.  Probably early November announcement or sooner. State on total lockdown......

Woo hoo!!! Great news! Can't wait until we can turn our focus to the court and this year...but nice to know we are in good hands with Archie!

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Damn if this happens and we get to come back for a second year we could be a top 5 team very easily. 

I doubt it but if Romeo comes back for sophomore year, we'll be a national championship contender in Archie's year 3. I'd say this is the kind of progress that happens at a blue blood school when it hires the right coach. Even if Romeo would end up one and done, we'll still have a very good team from top to bottom. 

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I doubt it but if Romeo comes back for sophomore year, we'll be a national championship contender in Archie's year 3. I'd say this is the kind of progress that happens at a blue blood school when it hires the right coach. Even if Romeo would end up one and done, we'll still have a very good team from top to bottom. 

I meant get those 2 to come back. Worded it poorly. Light turned green was in hurry

State is on total lockdown. Six in-state recruits for the 2018 and 2019 classes. All six recruits from different cities as well. South Bend, Lafayette, New Albany, Indianapolis, Greenwood and Fort Wayne. Archie is literally casting a net across the entire state. This is what we want. There’s no doubt IU has its coach

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

State is on total lockdown. Six in-state recruits for the 2018 and 2019 classes. All six recruits from different cities as well. South Bend, Lafayette, New Albany, Indianapolis, Greenwood and Fort Wayne. Archie is literally casting a net across the entire state. This is what we want. There’s no doubt IU has its coach

Indeed. Isn't that amazing? Archie hasn't even played a game in his year 2 at IU, but he locked the state border already. One of the key reasons previous coaches failed at IU was they couldn't keep the state border closed. Of course, we should wait and see if Archie & company will have sustaining power in the state of Indiana, but I think this time it's for real. 

So great to be a Hoosier!!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We are all excited about the next class but shouldn't we wait until they officially sign because there are no guarantees they are signing with IU.  Just because some guys on a message boards says that it is a guarantee does not mean it is actually guaranteed.

His track record warrants a little more than a "some guys on a message board" response. Just my opinion though. I've been sold on a few posters since the old scout days when I forget who posted it but basically outlined what was happening with Sampson.

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Indeed. Isn't that amazing? Archie hasn't even played a game in his year 2 at IU, but he locked the state border already. One of the key reasons previous coaches failed at IU was they couldn't keep the state border closed. Of course, we should wait and see if Archie & company will have sustaining power in the state of Indiana, but I think this time it's for real. 

So great to be a Hoosier!!

It’s of utmost importance for IU to control the state. If they don’t take advantage of it, they don’t deserve to succeed

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

We are all excited about the next class but shouldn't we wait until they officially sign because there are no guarantees they are signing with IU.  Just because some guys on a message boards says that it is a guarantee does not mean it is actually guaranteed.

Perhaps, but as fans we tend to get excited. And although 0708 has missed a time or two, he is right far more often than not.

I dont take anything he says as written in stone. But his input sure does carry a lot of weight for me.

He is far from a blowhard. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

His track record warrants a little more than a "some guys on a message board" response. Just my opinion though. I've been sold on a few posters since the old scout days when I forget who posted it but basically outlined what was happening with Sampson.

I am not saying they don't know what they are talking about and could well be true but I am not going to celebrate until both are signed.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know who posted it...😉 right @milehiiu

no harm in someone being skeptical, I’ve been wrong before and I’m sure I’ll be wrong again.  Just like sharing what I’m being told.  Appreciate all the positive feedback and I even appreciate the skepticism,  we all want the same thing in the end.  Go Hoosiers!!

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know who posted it...😉 right @milehiiu

no harm in someone being skeptical, I’ve been wrong before and I’m sure I’ll be wrong again.  Just like sharing what I’m being told.  Appreciate all the positive feedback and I even appreciate the skepticism,  we all want the same thing in the end.  Go Hoosiers!!

True.  The fact was, your first post of Sampsongate was deleted.... and you were banned.  However, you came back the following Friday night,  with the user name you currently use, and not only were you right, you nailed the exact amount of the buyout.   There was no other place, fanboard, or newspaper that had the scoop.  The sad thing, at least for me, was after Sampsongate became public, John Decker, the guy who banned you.... got credit for the scoop in the newspapers.

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

True.  The fact was, your first post of Sampsongate was deleted.... and you were banned.  However, you came back the following Friday night,  with the user name you currently use, and not only were you right, you nailed the exact amount of the buyout.   There was no other place, fanboard, or newspaper that had the scoop.  The sad thing, at least for me, was after Sampsongate became public, John Decker, the guy who banned you.... got credit for the scoop in the newspapers.

Thanks for clarifying and confirms what I mentioned earlier. Some posters are more than a message board guy. If it matters at all...whenever his name comes up I always mention this story. JD tried to take the credit but it was the poster who knew. Thanks again 0708 for the information. Always appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

He’s absolutely not. He’d stay at IU even if he was a lock to go #1 in the draft.

You are right there because I would use up all of my eligibility.  Also I got caught up with all the Billy Donovan stuff a couple of years ago so I am not going to do that again.

Archived