Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I find it amazing that those idiots actually posted that crap under their actual names. Just unbelievable. 

That's the scary part. I fear what I post in public on social media because everyone is watching. I thought it was normal for people to be a tad guarded on certain subjects let alone sports. Guess not!

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, zerawkid said:

Not that anyone should let a few inbred hoopleheads guide their decision making, but, lord or lord I can’t imagine a fan of our institution of choice uttering such blasphemous drivel. 

Yes...unfortunately I live with them since I moved down here. You should hear them call into the talk shows down here....just absolute drivel. I stay away from their boards because I know all too well how they act and think. Boy I long for the days when Gillespie was down here.....can only pray for the melt down when Cal leaves.

53 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes...unfortunately I live with them since I moved down here. You should hear them call into the talk shows down here....just absolute drivel. I stay away from their boards because I know all too well how they act and think. Boy I long for the days when Gillespie was down here.....can only pray for the melt down when Cal leaves.

Those Gillespie stories were incredible! My fav was the meltdown he had when Jodie Meeks was on pace for like 50 and he hated Jodie, so he kept calling plays away from Jodie and the team kept feeding him the ball instead and he absolutely hated it. Raging drunk and absolute train wreck. I think he ended up with 54. There’s so many more incredible stories.

3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Those Gillespie stories were incredible! My fav was the meltdown he had when Jodie Meeks was on pace for like 50 and he hated Jodie, so he kept calling plays away from Jodie and the team kept feeding him the ball instead and he absolutely hated it. Raging drunk and absolute train wreck. I think he ended up with 54. There’s so many more incredible stories.

As bad as people think some of our coaches have been nothing matches Billy. The coach UK deserved. After how they treated Tubby and the racist stuff I’ve heard they deserved another 10 years minimum of more Gillespie.

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

As bad as people think some of our coaches have been nothing matches Billy. The coach UK deserved. After how they treated Tubby and the racist stuff I’ve heard they deserved another 10 years minimum of more Gillespie.

Don't throw rocks in a glass house.  Indiana had some racism towards Mike Davis as well. 

24 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Don't throw rocks in a glass house.  Indiana had some racism towards Mike Davis as well. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never heard anything close to that from anyone I know about Mike. Most just said he made the best of a bad situation but wasn't quite ready to coach at the level he was at. Everyone always said how much they liked him as a person. I guess there were some that acted as you said...very sad. The stuff I've heard about Tubby at the time and even since then...while sitting at a diner for breakfast or around places I worked coming from clients and customers...just plain out hatred. Thankfully I'm sure it wasn't the prevailing thoughts of most but enough to see that they didn't think he was fit to coach in "Rupp's house" and "Rupp would roll over in his grave". I tried sticking up for him and let people know all the time he has just as many championships as Cal does but that usually just get's me in trouble and they quickly realize I'm not one of them and they don't talk basketball much with me after that. Anyways...I still remember the good ol days when they weren't so entitled and on their high horse when Billy was here. I just wish it would have lasted a little longer.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never heard anything close to that from anyone I know about Mike. Most just said he made the best of a bad situation but wasn't quite ready to coach at the level he was at. Everyone always said how much they liked him as a person. I guess there were some that acted as you said...very sad. The stuff I've heard about Tubby at the time and even since then...while sitting at a diner for breakfast or around places I worked coming from clients and customers...just plain out hatred. Thankfully I'm sure it wasn't the prevailing thoughts of most but enough to see that they didn't think he was fit to coach in "Rupp's house" and "Rupp would roll over in his grave". I tried sticking up for him and let people know all the time he has just as many championships as Cal does but that usually just get's me in trouble and they quickly realize I'm not one of them and they don't talk basketball much with me after that. Anyways...I still remember the good ol days when they weren't so entitled and on their high horse when Billy was here. I just wish it would have lasted a little longer.

Mike Davis is a great person.  I would love to have him as an assistant if Detroit doesn't work out for him.  He always had a set on him as well.  He made his non-conference hard. Maybe that hurt him a little bit.  At Texas Southern, he only had a 56% winning percentage, but it was because he loaded his non-conference schedule.  He won 82% of his conference games there with 4 of the 6 seasons having 16 wins out of 18 games.  Hopefully, he does well at Detroit.  Would love to put him on the schedule.    

Tubby probably wouldn't have lasted long term at Kentucky as he struggled a little in recruiting. He has been bouncing around since then.  Getting out right before being canned.  However, I truly believe that there are Kentucky people and Indiana people that would have a problem with having a black coach.  

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Some in this fan base was brutal when it came to Mike Davis and was one of the reasons he called in sick for the Iowa game.

As someone whose lived in Southern Indiana his whole life I can tell you there is no fan base more impossibly stupid as Cat fans. No one else comes close. Some can he tolerable but what I can't stand is the arrogance coupled with exceptional ignorance. For every intelligent Cat fan you meet you will find five more that will give you literal brain cancer talking to them. Even those with some intelligence come off with an annoying smugness. Just listen to someone like Matt Jones from KSR. One would think he's not a dumb guy he graduated from Duke Law school. But I guess he has to appeal to his fan base because he's a condescending tool. It's like listening to a heel character in the WWE. 

5 hours ago, HoosierMatty said:

As someone whose lived in Southern Indiana his whole life I can tell you there is no fan base more impossibly stupid as Cat fans. No one else comes close. Some can he tolerable but what I can't stand is the arrogance coupled with exceptional ignorance. For every intelligent Cat fan you meet you will find five more that will give you literal brain cancer talking to them. Even those with some intelligence come off with an annoying smugness. Just listen to someone like Matt Jones from KSR. One would think he's not a dumb guy he graduated from Duke Law school. But I guess he has to appeal to his fan base because he's a condescending tool. It's like listening to a heel character in the WWE. 

5682CEEA-30D7-4118-BF40-07C8B8D81F79.gif

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok...since Malik Hall made it official to Sparty is it correct to assume it helps on the Keion front? Or not because of different positions?

According to CoachSS it would seem UNC is the real threat for KB.  They essentially guaranteed him a starting spot from the sound of things.  I still think Ed will be able to close this sale.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

According to CoachSS it would seem UNC is the real threat for KB.  They essentially guaranteed him a starting spot from the sound of things.  I still think Ed will be able to close this sale.

Good to know. I didn't realize Carolina had made up that much ground. I'm on here often but missed that. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I m sure that UNC is telling Brooks that they already have Smith and Hunter who will play ahead of you so come here and start right away.  I hope he is not afraid to go to a place that he has to compete and not just be given something without earning it.

I could see TJD at the 5, Smith at 4 and Brooks challenging Hunter fot the 3 spot. Meaning he’s not likely to play behind/looking to beat out both but rather one. Problem is we don’t know yet how good Hunter will be and I still have doubts as to just how good Brooks is at this time. 

But if Im Brooks and I don’t think I can beat out Hunter (right now, without seeing Hunter play) then I wouldn’t be all that confident I would start at UNC either. 

Archived