Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't know if this is in re HornsbyRules or not, but I thought his posts were hilarious.  My memory is faulty, but I think he was pretty lit at the Crossroads Classic one year and confronted the Purdue section yelling insults at them.  He was probably lucky he didn't get is @zz kicked, but his narrative was cracking me (and many others) up.

I'd take that kind of comic relief once in awhile.  I even laughed at much of Government Cheese's post bombing.  You just need active moderation to make sure that kind of thing doesn't get out of hand. 

What I DON'T want are the relentlessly negative/critical posters that think everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot.  I left the Peeg sty long ago because of that.  You simply could not have an intelligent debate with people like that.

Government cheese was a moderator's nightmare.  But he was like a mascot and we couldn't ban him.  One night I deleted almost 40 of his 

35 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Could be later January. 

After about 2-3 weeks ago, it was never going to happen in December or early January. Too many variables with family, holidays, outrageous travel. 

Patience is a virtue. 

This past weekend I was told, from someone who speaks with his Dad very, very regularly that he has eliminated a school that is mentioned regularly. 

Notice I said mentioned ^^^. Not that anyone else is a serious threat.... 😇

Thanks as always.  If you had to bet the farm do you think we take a 4th guy?

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Could be later January. 

After about 2-3 weeks ago, it was never going to happen in December or early January. Too many variables with family, holidays, outrageous travel. 

Patience is a virtue. 

This past weekend I was told, from someone who speaks with his Dad very, very regularly that he has eliminated a school that is mentioned regularly. 

Notice I said mentioned ^^^. Not that anyone else is a serious threat.... 😇

Thanks @CoachSS for the info! As always, really enjoy the info brought to the board. Very interesting to see what the staff does after Christmas with the extended break till the Illinois game. 

12 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

So the Watford ship has sailed, I take it?

I would think it difficult to get Watford if KBJ commits. Given we should have Justin Smith, Keion Brooks, and Jerome Hunter already on the roster and even Damezi plays some three....but essentially those first 3 already play the 3/4 combo. To add another guy to that mix...just not enough minutes...and I'm not sure any can guard the 2 well enough for Archie's taste.  I would say we would take the first to commit...Keion or Trendon....but there just wouldn't be room (PT)  for both...kinda like the Newman/Franklin situation. I would imagine Archie would take a 5th year senior again to round out his roster if anyone at all...guess it would depend on who the player was that leaves.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would think it difficult to get Watford if KBJ commits. Given we should have Justin Smith, Keion Brooks, and Jerome Hunter already on the roster and even Damezi plays some three....but essentially those first 3 already play the 3/4 combo. To add another guy to that mix...just not enough minutes...and I'm not sure any can guard the 2 well enough for Archie's taste.  I would say we would take the first to commit...Keion or Trendon....but there just wouldn't be room (PT)  for both...kinda like the Newman/Franklin situation. I would imagine Archie would take a 5th year senior again to round out his roster if anyone at all...guess it would depend on who the player was that leaves.

All true.  Just wasn't sure if it wasn't like the Franklin/Newman situation where the first one to choose gets the spot (or has the staff been given the silent verbal?).  It seems like we've seen a bit more talk about Trendon, thus the question (Disclaimer: I know only what I read on message boards).

I'm all for getting a 5th year guy to fill immediate needs.

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

All true.  Just wasn't sure if it wasn't like the Franklin/Newman situation where the first one to choose gets the spot (or has the staff been given the silent verbal?).  It seems like we've seen a bit more talk about Trendon, thus the question (Disclaimer: I know only what I read on message boards).

I'm all for getting a 5th year guy to fill immediate needs.

We need a Ziesloft if Archie can find one.

Archived