Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ethics went out when they hired Sampson.  That wasn’t the fans doing that was IU

Exactly and that is what I am talking about and to me that is the problem with the fans today because they put up with this crap.  I have read many people say they had no problem with bringing in guys like Sampson and to me that s the problem because it did not use to be like that.  Did you grow up being a fan or did you just become a fan when you went to IU if you did at all.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ethics went out when they hired Sampson.  That wasn’t the fans doing that was IU

Adding to that, I remember just before the firing of Sampson, a home game where fans held up a sign "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying".  I think Scott is suffering from recency bias :coffee:

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Dude. Where's this coming from? 0708 is one of the more well respected posters on this board and previous sites. When you were fighting with the guys on the other board for years he was delivering the goods to us. 

So he is above approach because he was right on a couple of things but has been wrong as well like Donovan and probably brooks.  I just don't think he is correct on his view of Archie and will let him or anyone else no that.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He was quoted as saying he wants to get to the NBA as soon as possible.  Perfect landing spot for him actually.  As I typed this I realized that if that’s his priority maybe he’s better off at a different school.  We need 3-4 year players to build a foundation first.  Not saying I didn’t want him just saying he may not have been the best fit right now.

Just seems like he could potentially get lost in the crowd at UK.  May hurt him if that really is his main goal.

Us as fans have every right to be pissed with the product on the floor. If we weren’t pissed we wouldn’t be true fans. I say this all the time. IU fans know what good basketball looks like. What we have right now is nowhere near that. Why would we Tippy toe around this issue just to land a certain recruit?  We have a real problem right now and it needs to be addressed.  That’s more important than landing Brooks. Life is about timing, and right now ours isn’t good!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So he is above approach because he was right on a couple of things but has been wrong as well like Donovan and probably brooks.  I just don't think he is correct on his view of Archie and will let him or anyone else no that.

Cool. I'm talking about phrases like butt hurt? Doesn't seem to be Godly or positive, right? Just seemed odd to me. 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Exactly and that is what I am talking about and to me that is the problem with the fans today because they put up with this crap.  I have read many people say they had no problem with bringing in guys like Sampson and to me that s the problem because it did not use to be like that.  Did you grow up being a fan or did you just become a fan when you went to IU if you did at all.

I grew up a fan.  I don’t want IU to cheat and I think few want us to take a chance like that.  You are referring to the few fans each program has.  Even in the 90s there were fans like this, just not platforms for them to spew what they believe.  Just because I’m not a Archie fan doesn’t mean I want him to fail or then to fire him and hire a known cheater.  That’s like not liking the president of your country and wanting him to fail.(Too a lot lesser of a degree.)

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is why sometimes all the info people get isn’t shared....

13 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Us as fans have every right to be pissed with the product on the floor. If we weren’t pissed we wouldn’t be true fans. I say this all the time. IU fans know what good basketball looks like. What we have right now is nowhere near that. Why would we Tippy toe around this issue just to land a certain recruit?  We have a real problem right now and it needs to be addressed.  That’s more important than landing Brooks. Life is about timing, and right now ours isn’t good!

I agree. I am just saying idk the whole story. If it’s truly just Archie doesn’t have the guts to stand up to kids who are distractions then I’m ticked at him but I don’t buy it. There has to be more to the story. Until I hear otherwise I trust Archie

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He was quoted as saying he wants to get to the NBA as soon as possible.  Perfect landing spot for him actually.  As I typed this I realized that if that’s his priority maybe he’s better off at a different school.  We need 3-4 year players to build a foundation first.  Not saying I didn’t want him just saying he may not have been the best fit right now.

I agree with you, in my opinion Leal ,Galloway, Morton Tre Mitchell and players of that level are more important to us than a player that wants to be one and done. We need to build a program not an NBA farm system. I hope we start recruiting with this in mind. I would like to see Brooks at IU if he is coming for the team. If he is coming for a year to showcase his skills we are better off building the program with 3 to 4 year players. I think Kentucky would be a good choice for Brooks if he only cares about making the NBA. 

Am I the only one that doesn’t care if a 17/18 year old changed his mind because it happens all the time? Seriously guys, I appreciate any insight or inside information provided by members of this board. 

The only thing that’s become apparent is the fact that we’re nowhere close to becoming a consistent threat in terms of being an elite program. 

For the people who think Archie needs fired this year. Who do you think IU could get that would be willing to come here that would have a better resume than what Archie had coming in here.  Let me say if he is fired I have no problem with that because I am not fans of individuals but am fans of teams or programs.  What I care about is how it effects Iu and I think if he is fired after this year it would be a terrible effect on the program.  Nobody who is good enough would come here if we fired Archie after two years.  You really think Bennett would leave UVA for IU if he knows that coaches only got two years to turn it around.  Just look how long it took Bennett to turn it around at UVA and you think he would come to IU,  wat you would be dealing with would be candidates that had worst resumes than what you think Archie had coming in.

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t care if a 17/18 year old changed his mind because it happens all the time? Seriously guys, I appreciate any insight or inside information provided by members of this board. 

The only thing that’s become apparent is the fact that we’re nowhere close to becoming a consistent threat in terms of being an elite program. 

No you’re not alone. And a one and done is NEVER going to make or break ANYTHING.

Just now, IU Scott said:

For the people who think Archie needs fired this year. Who do you think IU could get that would be willing to come here that would have a better resume than what Archie had coming in here.  Let me say if he is fired I have no problem with that because I am not fans of individuals but am fans of teams or programs.  What I care about is how it effects Iu and I think if he is fired after this year it would be a terrible effect on the program.  Nobody who is good enough would come here if we fired Archie after two years.  You really think Bennett would leave UVA for IU if he knows that coaches only got two years to turn it around.  Just look how long it took Bennett to turn it around at UVA and you think he would come to IU,  wat you would be dealing with would be candidates that had worst resumes than what you think Archie had coming in.

No one would come here if we can two coaches in two years. No way.

5 minutes ago, Cutter said:

EI agree with you, in my opinion Leal ,Galloway, Morton Tre Mitchell and players of that level are more important to us than a player that wants to be one and done. We need to build a program not an NBA farm system. I hope we start recruiting with this in mind. I would like to see Brooks at IU if he is coming for the team. If he is coming for a year to showcase his skills we are better off building the program with 3 to 4 year players. I think Kentucky would be a good choice for Brooks if he only cares about making the NBA. 

I think this way to and to me it is more enjoyable watching teams develop over 4 years.  everyone acts like every year RMK was a championship caliber team but it wasn't because he usually built that championship team over a few years.  You did not have horrible years but you had a  couple of good years followed by a really good year then a championship season.

6 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

So can someone please explain what is going on? I believe we are not going to get Brooks but is Archie or Fred Glass in the hot seat and if so how hot is it?

Neither have a hot seat because it would cost a small fortune to get rid of Archie nor would it be good perception for hiring a new coach. Archie will be fine. He was met with a side winder middle in the middle of a challenging rebuild. Not a horrible rebuild but a challenging one.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Not many that I’m seeing are saying he should be fired.  I’m not a fan and don’t think he should be fired.  Just don’t think he’s above any criticism either.  

If Brooks doesn't want to be a part of IU that's his business and the way we look right now who could blame him. This is the first time in my life I can miss an IU game on tv and not mind running it through on dvr quickly. The lack of intensity from the players is sad and hard to root for. I don't know what happened to this team but theres a lot more goin on im sure than we know about.

Archived