Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

6 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

And one more thing. Basically players can transfer for any reason and play right away as long as they file a "hardship waiver".  Tell me Justin Fields wasnt incentivized to transfer to OSU.

In that case the hardship waiver requirement was met because of racial discrimination. Apparently a Georgia baseball player made a comment to him. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Beverly not considered replacement? I want KBJ as much as the next guy, but I don’t believe he’s a must have.  

Before the season started, I didn't think he was a must have either with JS & JH on the team already.  JH is injured and it has been questioned if he will ever play again.  I will refrain from commenting on JS.  

14 minutes ago, BDB said:

The biggest disappointment if KBJ goes elsewhere, IU has not been recruiting a replacement during the last few months.

Honestly KBJs replacement is already on the roster. Jerome Hunter should start at the 3...we do need some more shooting but missing out on Brooks while disheartening wouldn’t be the end of our season. I could see a starting lineup of Robert, Al, Jerome, Race, and Trayce.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Looks like UK has picked up a few crystal ball picks today.  The fat lady is signing on this recruitment.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Can’t say I blame the kid. We are going to see what Archie is made of now. Mess on the court...things unraveling on the recruiting trail. Can he right the ship?? I hope so!

This is the week that CAM needs to earn his money. Find a way to will this team to a victory against Purdue. To do everything in his power to remind KB why we were the best fit for him and will continue to be. Right now KB is riding a high from the UK visit but now is the opportunity to sell this with reality not emotion. If KB goes anywhere other than IU we LOST this recruitment. I am holding out hope.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This is the week that CAM needs to earn his money. Find a way to will this team to a victory against Purdue. To do everything in his power to remind KB why we were the best fit for him and will continue to be. Right now KB is riding a high from the UK visit but now is the opportunity to sell this with reality not emotion. If KB goes anywhere other than IU we LOST this recruitment. I am holding out hope.

So are you hearing we are still in it and a decision hasn’t already been made?

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

I don’t want to seem like I’m doubting the insiders but do we really know he was ours to begin with? Do we know he’s going to UK? Does he even know where he’s going yet? I just think to claim to know what these kids are thinking is really hard to gauge. 

What I can tell you from what I have been told obviously not from KB himself.  Just about 2 months ago our staff was informed that KB would sign his LOI in the Spring to play for IU. At that point we pretty much stopped or really slowed down  most contact with several recruits. As far as I am concerned he was ours. As we all know lots has happened since then. I have 1 source that I listen very carefully too and he has let me know that we are on a very slippery slope but feels that CAM and ED can right this. As I have eluded to earlier it is emotions of KB right now. UK is selling an opportunity to win a title and be a major contributor, and get to the NBA. AS an 18year old that sounds pretty good. Is that the reality if he goes to UK? 

To use a football analogy we have the ball 4 pts down 2:00 left starting at our own 15, will CAM deliver the game winning  score or turn it over on downs? We soon shall see. 

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m jealous of how easy it is for Cal to recruit. He be like we have a spot with your name on it. I will have you in the NBA if you work at it. I have a few other players that I am also looking at. Let me know cause we are going to win and get paid either way. 

And it baffles me about how much you hear these kids say they wanna play for a team where they can see significant minutes right away.... and then they go somewhere like UK where they could very easily get buried on the depth chart

I’m not really all that worried about it, either way. If he signs with IU, fantastic! If not, it stings a little bit, but life goes on. There will be loads of opportunity for our program to get back on track and the next two years will show what Archie is made of... not this season. It’s pretty obvious that Archie doesn’t have “his guys” yet, so I’m not going to throw him in the fire on on the proverbial hot seat. None of us know if he’s our guy yet. Time will sort that all out. 

Archived