Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Where did Doyel say this?

He said it on a local radio program out of Jeffersonville called The Hoosier Report. I heard the replay of the show on my way home from work.  What I heard him say was that he got a text from a D1 coach who was not a coach of one of his top five schools but who recruited heavily in Indiana that said he was going to UK. 

He made a point to say that he catagorized this as a rumor and that if he believed the info was solid he wouldn’t be saying it on radio he would have written it in the Star. 

Here’s my crystal ball prediction, and you don’t have to be an insider to get it:

Keion to IU.

The Fort Wayne kid gives Calipari the finger and commits to play with his best friend and Archie. 

Romeo made playing for IU cool again, and Brooks makes Indiana the place to be again. The kid will be a legend here, and IU fans are gonna go crazy for him!

4 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Thank you, sir. 

I read it and it didn’t have quite the bravura we had come to expect in the past.

Perhaps Keion’s thinking was impacted by that epic losing streak...perhaps it had something to do with Keion hearing word of a bit of a fractured locker room in Bloomington. We know these recruits usually have an inside track on matters like that. It’d be nice if we prove to have found our mojo and make a historic run. That sorta thing would certainly have to have some bearing on his feelings. By March 15th we’ll have a decent idea as to whether we’re dancing or not.

Lots to pay close attention to over the next week and a half.

If you have noticed no one has sources saying anything now a date is out there. Because no one has ever known.

In this day of total access, a great athlete can be fully evaluated then drafted from any school in the world. To present his choice as a "business decision" is just immature silliness. If the outcome is the NBA, going first round will occur at Kentucky or IU....that issue is irrelevant to the decision making process. According to what I have read, his love throughout childhood was Indiana. Fulfilling a dream is never a wrong choice. 

16 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Doyle stated that Brooks is 100% Kentucky and was told by Division 1 Head Coach.  I hope this is not true and think Doyle is complete trash, but does seem to fit with the feelings of what has transpired lately in this recruitment.

Doyle also said in a column that Chris Wilks was going to IU

My problem with Greg Doyle is he talks out both sides of his mouth and constantly changes his positions. He at one time said we needed to get rid of Crean. But did a 180 after Crean won his second Big Ten. All the way up to his firing he said he shouldn't have been fired. Interestingly enough I know at one point when asked who he would hire if Crean was let go he suggested Archie Miller. I don't hate the guy he's just all over the place.

My only take on this is to say the name Kyle Macy. As a young man my family members would spit when his name came up and I almost did just now.  Mr. Indiana, then went to Turdue, then transferred to Kentucky. I was raised to believe that what he had done was one of the most traitorous things a Hoosier could do. It was to spit on all the good things about our state. Might as well beat up a puppy and vomit in church on Easter Sunday.  This is part of my DNA.  If KBJ chooses Kentucky, I will have a tough time rooting for him in anything.  I won't go out of my way to boo him but I will ignore him that's for sure. 

Archived