Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think if he comes to IU he can be a focal point of the team. If he is at UK...does he start? If he does is it just 20 mins a night? Do they run plays for him? Gotta think at IU he would have the ball in his hands a lot.....and he would play with one of the better point guards in college as I see Robert taking a big leap next year. Come on Keion....play with your best friend, represent the state, make a name for yourself, win a B1G title, and get to the Final Four! It can be done here....and still be playing in the NBA afterwards...your that good....you don't need Kentucky!!

I wonder what Trey Lyles would say if he could do it all over again?  Did he enjoy his one year with the team down south or would he have preferred playing for IU and actually being remembered in his home state?  It seems to me that a kid growing up in Indiana has to be willing to endure a lifetime of irrelevance to this state if you go down south. In contrast to being known and loved your entire life here. Just wondering...

4 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

I wonder what Trey Lyles would say if he could do it all over again?  Did he enjoy his one year with the team down south or would he have preferred playing for IU and actually being remembered in his home state?  It seems to me that a kid growing up in Indiana has to be willing to endure a lifetime of irrelevance to this state if you go down south. In contrast to being known and loved your entire life here. Just wondering...

I think he would have preferred playing for what was the best team in college basketball for nearly the entire season.

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Is CAM looking at another recruit just in case???

There are at least two others IU is talking to, but it's unknown if they are back-ups or replacements for unknown transfers.

I'm sure there will always be contingency plans when dealing with high school seniors.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

There are at least two others IU is talking to, but it's unknown if they are back-ups or replacements for unknown transfers.

I'm sure there will always be contingency plans when dealing with high school seniors.

Just seems we've had our eggs in the KB basket for so long....

BTW, I put Brooks catsup on my eggs. 😀

I'll keep saying the same thing. He chose Daniels (Cal puppet) and Snow (anti IU guy) for a reason. If he wanted a larger IU following obviously Rabby (warranted or not) has a bigger following. I think they chose Snow to be a part of this for a reason. 

Edit-Might be time to start that I told you so thread about recruits. They choose to leave....what happens. Kris Wilkes is Exhibit A. Marquis Teague Exhibit B and so on...

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Honestly if Brooks is one and done then I actually think we're better off with a sharp shooting grad transfer like Zeisloft if we can find one.  That's all assuming Jerome is 100% and good to go.  If he's not and Brooks goes to UK Archie is in major trouble IMO.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll keep saying the same thing. He chose Daniels (Cal puppet) and Snow (anti IU guy) for a reason. If he wanted a larger IU following obviously Rabby (warranted or not) has a bigger following. I think they chose Snow to be a part of this for a reason. 

Edit-Might be time to start that I told you so thread about recruits. They choose to leave....what happens. Kris Wilkes is Exhibit A. Marquis Teague Exhibit B and so on...

Those two guys work for 247 which is owned by CBS where the announcement is going to be streamed. I know nothing, but it could be as innocent as that. 

Just now, Chase6 said:

Those two guys work for 247 which is owned by CBS where the announcement is going to be streamed. I know nothing, but it could be as innocent as that. 

So does Rabby. Just saying if it was IU I'd be using Rabby. He's got as big of an IU reach as anyone. 

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Honestly if Brooks is one and done then I actually think we're better off with a sharp shooting grad transfer like Zeisloft if we can find one.  That's all assuming Jerome is 100% and good to go.  If he's not and Brooks goes to UK Archie is in major trouble IMO.

Ok there Carnac.

19 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just seems we've had our eggs in the KB basket for so long....

BTW, I put Brooks catsup on my eggs. 😀

Nice touch!

I think Archie could spend a lot of time on Brooks because Hunter is already here and the staff likes him.  Brooks is probably an upgrade, but it's not like the cupboard is bare there...

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So does Rabby. Just saying if it was IU I'd be using Rabby. He's got as big of an IU reach as anyone. 

I wouldn’t read too much into it. If it really was the case he was going to UK why not just announce already. He could have set it for this Friday if he knew. I think he just set a date to force himself to decide. I think if he didn’t set a date he would drag this out until the spring signing day. 

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Nice touch!

I think Archie could spend a lot of time on Brooks because Hunter is already here and the staff likes him.  Brooks is probably an upgrade, but it's not like the cupboard is bare there...

I don't think you understand.  If we don't get Brooks then IU basketball will cease to exist.  

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Nice touch!

Have to keep reminding myself of Hunter. There's a very solid core there. Give me 5 minutes in a room with Brooks family and there's no way they could tell me with what UK has coming back, what they already have coming in....and potential reclassification of another....that fighting for 18 minutes per game is a better option. No way. 

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Too early for that, IMO.  Brooks has conducted himself well and doesn't deserve negativity.  For me, if he chooses another school, there will be some momentary disappointment and then I'll likely not think of him much after that.  Until then, I'll show him the love that potential Hoosiers deserve.

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. If it really was the case he was going to UK why not just announce already. He could have set it for this Friday if he knew. I think he just set a date to force himself to decide. I think if he didn’t set a date he would drag this out until the spring signing day. 

I'm sure you have as well....but been following recruiting for decades. You get used to the tells. The tells right now say UK. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure you have as well....but been following recruiting for decades. You get used to the tells. The tells right now say UK. 

I mean yeah I guess but they haven’t made their crystal ball predictions so I guess when they do we will really know. 

9 minutes ago, rico said:

You been playing with that "8 ball" again?  

Nope. Just tired of recruits picking other options that make zero sense to me whatsoever. Guess I should join the club of no big deal, let's just keep losing recruits that's caused us to be a 20+ years of joke. 

The pressure we had in 80's/90's....maybe time to bring that back. No one (especially IU fans) would just say ok...no big deal. I won't ever be in that club...but it sounds like a few of you guys are cool with it. Not me. Not ever. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Just tired of recruits picking other options that make zero sense to me whatsoever. Guess I should join the club of no big deal, let's just keep losing recruits that's caused us to be a 20+ years of joke. 

The pressure we had in 80's/90's....maybe time to bring that back. No one (especially IU fans) would just say ok...no big deal. I won't ever be in that club...but it sounds like a few of you guys are cool with it. Not me. Not ever. 

I’m not in that group. It just isn’t worth it to me to pay much attention to recruits (really in any sport I follow) that leave the state. There are just too many good schools in Indiana to make leaving necessary. 

I coukdn’t tell you anything about Wilkes or Scruggs. I don’t even know where Lyles has been in the NBA. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They choose national beat writers.  Snow is the same network as Rabby...

If they picked peegs it means nothing as well as we learned from the point guard who went to vandy.

There was probably no strategy behind it except, but to keep suspense.

Archived