Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

7 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m not in that group. It just isn’t worth it to me to pay much attention to recruits (really in any sport I follow) that leave the state. There are just too many good schools in Indiana to make leaving necessary. 

I coukdn’t tell you anything about Wilkes or Scruggs. I don’t even know where Lyles has been in the NBA. 

Denver.  Single digit scoring average reserve.  Tom Crean probably would have developed him better for the NBA.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Just tired of recruits picking other options that make zero sense to me whatsoever. Guess I should join the club of no big deal, let's just keep losing recruits that's caused us to be a 20+ years of joke. 

The pressure we had in 80's/90's....maybe time to bring that back. No one (especially IU fans) would just say ok...no big deal. I won't ever be in that club...but it sounds like a few of you guys are cool with it. Not me. Not ever. 

I think it's a little overboard to call the program a 20-year joke.  Crean won some B1G league championships and went to the second weekend in the tournament.  Not what everyone wants but hardly a joke...just ask UK.

...and no, I'm not "cool" with missing on recruits.  I just have other priorities that make not getting every recruit targeted relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of life.  Fans that get tore up over every recruit likely see themselves as "passionate" whereas I simply see them as needing to reorder their life priorities.  We'll be OK if Keion picks IU or another school...life (and IU basketball) will go on either way.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it's a little overboard to call the program a 20-year joke.  Crean won some B1G league championships and went to the second weekend in the tournament.  Not what everyone wants but hardly a joke...just ask UK.

...and no, I'm not "cool" with missing on recruits.  I just have other priorities that make not getting every recruit targeted relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of life.  Fans that get tore up over every recruit likely see themselves as "passionate" whereas I simply see them as needing to reorder their life priorities.  We'll be OK if Keion picks IU or another school...life (and IU basketball) will go on either way.

It's one thing to lose a recruit.  It's another to lose one from your own backyard when all of our supposed insiders have said for months was a lock and who's father was coached in college by our lead assistant.  It stings.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's one thing to lose a recruit.  It's another to lose one from your own backyard when all of our supposed insiders have said for months was a lock and who's father was coached in college by our lead assistant.  It stings.

Brooks is in the backyard?  News to me.  How many guys have we landed from Fort Wayne?

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

HOPING he makes the best decision for him? IU fans support you no matter what. Fun to IMAGINE what if?

Usually AF’s tweets are more positive / certain. Hopefully he’s just helping him sell his surprise.

That wasn't Franklin's tweet. That was a tweet Franklin was responding to. Here is Franklin's tweet:

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Just tired of recruits picking other options that make zero sense to me whatsoever. Guess I should join the club of no big deal, let's just keep losing recruits that's caused us to be a 20+ years of joke. 

The pressure we had in 80's/90's....maybe time to bring that back. No one (especially IU fans) would just say ok...no big deal. I won't ever be in that club...but it sounds like a few of you guys are cool with it. Not me. Not ever. 

So what do you think you or any other fans can do about recruits picking other schools.  f KB is going to be a one and done how is losing him that big of a deal.  I would rather have guys that will be here for the long term and build around them.  Some of you guys are such drama queens and act like losing out on Indiana kids is a new thing  does the name Eric Montross ring a bell to you and remember who was IU coach at that time.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Let's hold the tears until after the announcement.  At least then we'll know if it's tears of joy or disappointment, right?

I mean...I won't be crying if IU gets Franklin, TJD and Romeo decides to do one more year.  That would not sting at all.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Shouldn't you be over on the rivals site with you rother cronies trying to get Glass and Archie fired.  Again losing Indiana kids is not anything new and been happening for years.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So what do you think you or any other fans can do about recruits picking other schools.  f KB is going to be a one and done how is losing him that big of a deal.  I would rather have guys that will be here for the long term and build around them.  Some of you guys are such drama queens and act like losing out on Indiana kids is a new thing  does the name Eric Montross ring a bell to you and remember who was IU coach at that time.

Thanks for the lecture. Nope. Never heard of Montross. Not once. 

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I have about 8-9 different life compartments that I live in each day. Work/family/health and so on. When I talk IU I can focus on just IU. Reorder life priorities? Thanks for telling some of us how to act. I'll step out of the KB conversation for awhile. Not liking this direction. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for the lecture. Nope. Never heard of Montross. Not once. 

Just think you might take this way to seriously because one recruit will not make or break a program/  Again if is thoughts are on the NBA and the fastest way to get there then UK is a better place for him.  I don't want a bunch of one and done players coming to IU and  I want players who is here for the long run and build around them.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have about 8-9 different life compartments that I live in each day. Work/family/health and so on. When I talk IU I can focus on just IU. Reorder life priorities? Thanks for telling some of us how to act. I'll step out of the KB conversation for awhile. Not liking this direction. 

It's OK...I was just sensing that you were getting very upset about the possibility of Keion choosing another school.  Sure, I'd rather see Keion play for IU than go south of the border, but I still have a hunch that this coach will get a lot bigger share of Indiana players than the last several coaches did.

Was hoping the ridiculousness of calling for our coach to be fired was going to end with Crean. I'm certainly glad I don't go to Rivals if that's what is said there. Not going to lie.. that stuff is a massive drawback of mine of our fanbase. Truly makes it unenjoyable for those of us that simply want to root for their favorite college basketball team. 

Hope we get Keion. He isn't a must though. TJD was a must. 

Archived