Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Gotta say, I have so much respect for TJD and Franklin for going. I'm not mature enough to handle this disappointment myself, so I cant imagine how they are gonna able to handle it in person. 

If they stand behind him with a bucket of Gatorade, I'm thinking they know something we don't.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Madison22 said:

If they stand behind him with a bucket of Gatorade, I'm thinking they know something we don't.

If they know he is going  to UK and still goes up there then I would lose a little respect for them.  Maybe I am a little to competitive but if I knew he was not going to play at IU with them then there is no way I would go to help him celebrate committing to our rivals to the south.

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Little Keet, who is obsessed with all things IU basketball, wants to stay up late since it’s a Friday and watch. I hope this doesn’t backfire on me. 

Part of growing up, is learning how to deal with disappointment.  Let him watch.

I am. I’ve alrea talked to him about the possibility he doesn’t pick IU and that we can’t get mad if he doesn’t. He said, “We will just say oh well if he doesn’t.”  

Smart kid you have there.  Wish the rest of the fan base would follow his lead.

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Little Keet, who is obsessed with all things IU basketball, wants to stay up late since it’s a Friday and watch. I hope this doesn’t backfire on me. 

Nah, the only issue you'll have is getting him off that Pepsi-like sugar buzz after Keion says, "IU!"

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

1984. Cubs game 4 vs Padres. Garvey goes yard I cried for first time in sports. Next game after Leon Durham error in 7th I cried harder. Tell the kid if he's going to be a sports fan it's part of the deal. Haha

I am. I’ve already talked to him about the possibility he doesn’t pick IU and that we can’t get mad if he doesn’t. He said, “We will just say oh well if he doesn’t.”  

You have done your duty as a dad. Can't do anything more than that.   After this season, I am sorry to say, that Little Keet, has already been introduced to disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

1984. Cubs game 4 vs Padres. Garvey goes yard I cried for first time in sports. Next game after Leon Durham error in 7th I cried harder. Tell the kid if he's going to be a sports fan it's part of the deal. Haha

Yep, as a die hard Cubs fan I was sure when Rajai Davis went yard to tie game 7 in 2016, that Bartman would come galloping in on a goat trailed by a black cat...

But I was wrong!

I just don’t see how an Indiana kid could/would have a public announcement in the state he’s from and pick another school. Just doesn’t make sense to me. On top of having both AF and TJD there, I’m optimistic. I mean, if he chooses UK, who is going to cheer the decision?   Just doesn’t seem smart, but what do I know. He doesn’t seem like the type of kid who’s interested in rubbing it in IU fans’ faces. I’m assuming there will be a lot of IU fans in attendance and no, or very few UK fans.

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I just don’t see how an Indiana kid could/would have a public announcement in the state he’s from and pick another school. Just doesn’t make sense to me. On top of having both AF and TJD there, I’m optimistic. I mean, if he chooses UK, who is going to cheer the decision?   Just doesn’t seem smart, but what do I know. He doesn’t seem like the type of kid who’s interested in rubbing it in IU fans’ faces. I’m assuming there will be a lot of IU fans in attendance and no, or very few UK fans.

Let's hope so...

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Not to mention, Kentucky plays tonight at 7, so I'm assuming there will be very little U.K. fans there in attendance. Still sounds like Kentucky but yea definitely a weird decision on time & place. 

Archived