Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well goo dluck to him going to UK and just being another faceless player who will get recruited over after a year if he is not able to be a one and done player.  For some reason I could not here the broadcast and had my speakers all the way up.  After I saw him pull the UK hat out I turned it off.  Did he say why he picked UK over us.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well goo dluck to him going to UK and just being another faceless player who will get recruited over after a year if he is not able to be a one and done player.  For some reason I could not here the broadcast and had my speakers all the way up.  After I saw him pull the UK hat out I turned it off.  Did he say why he picked UK over us.

His relationship with Cal

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I turned it off after his dad said, “ You don’t know how much this means to ME.”  I think you can get an idea of who was pushing for UK based off of that.  Anyways, good luck to KBJ.  Time to move on.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Sucks.  It's over for Archie I think.  He and Fred are done.

Please stop it because one recruit does not make or break a coach.  If he is set on being a one and done player then he is better off going to UK because I want players that want to be here and not just using us as a stop gap.  Might as well go to rivals and be happy with the rest of those who want IU to fail.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"Coach Cal lets players play."

And there you have it. I think he saw how Romeo fit into our offense and wanted no part of it.

Good luck, Keion...I wish you well

So are you saying that letting players play means calling sets?  Because, it is the opposite.  Its the same situation there as here.  Just more talent to run a system like this.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"Coach Cal lets players play."

And there you have it. I think he saw how Romeo fit into our offense and wanted no part of it.

Good luck, Keion...I wish you well

He also said.....

"Coach Cal (John Calipari), it just comes down to him. He has been able to, you know, what he has been able to do is what I want to do: Be a one-and-done and make millions of dollars playing the game of basketball. Who wouldn’t want to do that, playing the game that I love and making money for it?” Brooks told Rivals.com.

I like Keion. But he clearly was not looking to be part.of something.  He made a business decision at 18 years old?

Sorry, I hope the best for him. But he got sold.in being a one and done player and making millions of dollars in a year.

I just do not see that playing out. For his sake, I hope I am wrong. I worry he will regret this decision.

Archived