Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

32 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If Brooks chooses us, this is a very talented group if Romeo chooses to depart for the NBA(if he chooses to return OH MY) :

PG - Phinisee/Green

SG- Durham/Anderson/Franklin

SF- Brooks/Hunter

PF- Smith/Race/Forrester

C- TJD/DeRon/Moore

If everyone in your list is healthy next year, I think at 4-TJD, 3-Brooks, and 2-Hunter are starters for sure. Then add Phin or Green at PG and I think it will be DeRon at C.

If Romeo is back, I think he starts for Brooks.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUaic said:

If everyone in your list is healthy next year, I think TJD, Brooks, and Hunter are starters for sure. Then add Phin or Green at PG and I think it will be DeRon at C.

If Romeo is back, I think he starts for Brooks.

If Rome returns for 1 more year I think Phin/Romeo/Hunter/Brooks/TJD is your starting 5 with Green/Durham/Smith/Race/DeRon coming off the bench

26 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I will tell you I had knowledge of what TJD did and so far I’ve been told KBJ will sign in the spring

19 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

As in verbally commit and sign during the spring portion or verbal commit before spring portion and sign NLI during spring? :)

^ Also what I am wondering.

20 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If Rome returns for 1 more year I think Phin/Romeo/Hunter/Brooks/TJD is your starting 5 with Green/Durham/Smith/Race/DeRon coming off the bench

I just think you let DeRon guard the other teams big while TJD learns and gets stronger.

I still think Brooks gets 20+ minutes a game off the bench if Romeo were to stay as he could play the wing and stretch 4 backing up the 2, 3, and 4 positions. I doubt Archie would let him run the point over Rob, Devonte, or Al.

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes, wanted it to be on his time.  KBJ will verbal soon and sign in the spring.  Still thinking there might be the “surprise” commit I mentioned several weeks or months ago.

Feel free to PM the surprise.  I wont hold you to it. All I am hearing is potential reclassification for Morton. I have always believed Stewart to be a Spring decision and he would be a dream type commit. 

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Feel free to PM the surprise.  I wont hold you to it. All I am hearing is potential reclassification for Morton. I have always believed Stewart to be a Spring decision and he would be a dream type commit. 

I enjoy pm’s also. 😉

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If Brooks chooses us, this is a very talented group if Romeo chooses to depart for the NBA(if he chooses to return OH MY) :

PG - Phinisee/Green

SG- Durham/Anderson/Franklin

SF- Brooks/Hunter

PF- Smith/Race/Forrester

C- TJD/DeRon/Moore

I don't love that backcourt. It's really young, unproven and not much shooting out of that group. Would be great if Hunter comes back this season and shows some things. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought Stewart eliminated IU a couple weeks ago and was close to committing to Duke

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I thought Stewart eliminated IU a couple weeks ago and was close to committing to Duke

He definitely eliminated us. "They're out." - his words. But it appears that he is now reconsidering us. Apparently TJD is putting the press on him, I'm sure having KB as a teammate is helping in that regard as well.

The "experts" have all said throughout this process that it has been hard to pin down a favorite for Stewart and that they wouldn't be surprised if other teams entered the mix.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The surprise recruit is me since I still have my eligibility left and they want me to come and teach the others how to shoot LOL

😁

Not sure if we should take you or not. Heard that you are one of those "one and done" type guys....only coming to IU for the year until you can go to the league.

😁

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure if we should take you or not. Heard that you are one of those "one and done" type guys....only coming to IU for the year until you can go to the league.

I am going to reclassify from 1989 to 2018 class.  I was suppose to come with Chaney and the Graham's but I decided to play a church league instead. Going that route is equivalent of going to the G-League today.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am going to reclassify from 1989 to 2018 class.  I was suppose to come with Chaney and the Graham's but I decided to play a church league instead. Going that route is equivalent of going to the G-League today.

I've heard the officials in that league are really good and the commissioner...well, you don't mess with Him.   😇

Archived